Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1039486 times)

Jay

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #360 on: October 17, 2011, 11:21:35 AM »
It is scary, because when you think about it, if it was not Mason who did it, who out there is lurking and preying on young girls?  Has to be someone new to PC to do this, but someone local would know just the right place/time to commit the crime.

I agree. It IS scary. I have been worried about this all along, although somewhat comforted by the fact the police haven't warned the public about it. I think the whole situation is warning enough but if they didn't have a good lead as to what happened than they would have said something to the effect. Wouldn't they?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 17, 2011, 11:22:06 AM »
Well obviously the police are onto something when they are searching right around Amber's home. Something has led the police in that direction and possibly this time they will come up with the answers as to what happened to Amber. She could be right in her own backyard and nobody has looked in that area. I do believe that Amber was murdered and somebody is out there walking around who is responsible. The police should not take this as an isolated incident, until the killer is in handcuffs. We will just have to wait until the police have finished their investigation. I do hope Amber is found soon, so many trying to help and the community doing everything they can to find the young girl. So sad to think about this, a young woman going out with her friends and never coming home.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 17, 2011, 11:25:09 AM »
It is scary, because when you think about it, if it was not Mason who did it, who out there is lurking and preying on young girls?  Has to be someone new to PC to do this, but someone local would know just the right place/time to commit the crime.

I agree. It IS scary. I have been worried about this all along, although somewhat comforted by the fact the police haven't warned the public about it. I think the whole situation is warning enough but if they didn't have a good lead as to what happened than they would have said something to the effect. Wouldn't they?

NO, NOT NECESSARILY, especially if the information is known only to the kidnapper/murderer.  The police cannot tell us everything for that reason

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 17, 2011, 11:27:40 AM »
NO, NOT NECESSARILY, especially if the information is known only to the kidnapper/murderer.  The police cannot tell us everything for that reason

Yes, I suppose you are right. It could alert the guilty party that they were on to something.

natesgirl1977

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 17, 2011, 11:31:01 AM »
Well obviously the police are onto something when they are searching right around Amber's home. Something has led the police in that direction and possibly this time they will come up with the answers as to what happened to Amber. She could be right in her own backyard and nobody has looked in that area. I do believe that Amber was murdered and somebody is out there walking around who is responsible. The police should not take this as an isolated incident, until the killer is in handcuffs. We will just have to wait until the police have finished their investigation. I do hope Amber is found soon, so many trying to help and the community doing everything they can to find the young girl. So sad to think about this, a young woman going out with her friends and never coming home.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

My thoughts as well.  Again, I say it was a targeted attack personally against Amber, however, there are so many angles we can consider....someone watching her closely in Dooly's smart enough to wait a little bit of a gap before exiting themselves, so as not to be seen on camera following her closely...someone nabbing her, possibly around the same area as the shoes were found, and dragging/carrying her to a vehicle (only takes a few seconds)...or someone who knows her, the area, etc. 

grich

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 17, 2011, 11:45:34 AM »
I think it's kind of cool for a psychic to step in and have his say.  I had a reading years ago and it was.....well, different.  You are audiotaped through the session.  Even though not everyone may agree on what he says, but who agrees on anyone that is commenting about what is happening?  It's not that we are soooo desperate in PC, it's everyone is puzzled about this mysterious disappearance.  It is scary, because when you think about it, if it was not Mason who did it, who out there is lurking and preying on young girls?  Has to be someone new to PC to do this, but someone local would know just the right place/time to commit the crime.

i don't think it means someone new is in town necessarily - but someone with escalated behaviours.  we all know that when major crimes occur they generally look first at people with a track record of misbehaving in similar fashions.  the reasons are obvious - most crimes that are planned require a behavioural build up and kind of 'test' period that eventually leads to the most horrific crimes.  that is why it is so unlikely that amber was 'randomly' taken by some 'mysterious' and unknown person. 

but on the topic of the psychic - and this commentary is not meant for you personally or in jest toward you - but i think it speaks for itself that there are teams of police officers who operate on the scientific method and socially constructed crime theories, procedures and laws and not groups of psychics who answer 911 calls.  i'm not arguing that differences of cognitive abilities exist, i'm just merely saying that if people such as alan hatfield were really worthwhile and true to their names, we wouldn't be spending thousands of dollars a day using the human resources and costly technology we have to find people.  we would just deploy the psychics. 

natesgirl1977

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 17, 2011, 11:54:43 AM »
I hear you, grish.  Psychics don't always have specific answers that solve cases, but some have interesting insight to the situation.  I don't really think it would hurt to have Psychic Investigator to have some insight, though sometimes bizarre from what I have seen on TV.

natesgirl1977

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 17, 2011, 11:55:40 AM »
I hear you, grish.  Psychics don't always have specific answers that solve cases, but some have interesting insight to the situation.  I don't really think it would hurt to have Psychic Investigator to have some insight, though sometimes bizarre from what I have seen on TV.

My apologies....grich, not grish

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 17, 2011, 11:57:38 AM »
from natesgirl:
My thoughts as well.  Again, I say it was a targeted attack personally against Amber, however, there are so many angles we can consider....someone watching her closely in Dooly's smart enough to wait a little bit of a gap before exiting themselves, so as not to be seen on camera following her closely...someone nabbing her, possibly around the same area as the shoes were found, and dragging/carrying her to a vehicle (only takes a few seconds)...or someone who knows her, the area, etc. 

Exactly. Anything could have happened to Amber. It is hard for us to comprehend that there are actually people out there that spend their time searching for victims. Predators that stike when they see the opportunity. We don't know if Amber was taken by a stranger or by someone she knew. Until we know the answer to that, anything is possible.

Keeping an open mind is something that those who have been on this site for some time, understand. Most of us know that anything is possible, as we have seen it all.

I hope for the sake of Amber, her family, and all that love her that answers come soon. 

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 17, 2011, 12:00:38 PM »
 I think the reason for PC people speaking out so much about how they feel of the Amber Kirwan case is because of the history of missing persons, murders and other illegal activity here in Pictou County. We've had many of them that still remain cold to this day. This is because of how things use to be around here. Such as ....not having the greatest police force and having groups of very bad characters who needed to be dealt with. When anything  took place (murder etc) people were afraid to speak up because of these bad characters and the police force who also seemed to be afraid them. However, now in Pictou County we have a new police force with well trained men and woman. The last couple of years the law has finally gone after these people. Many many drug busts, guns seized and they have even reopened some of the cold cases. People are starting to feel protected. People here do not want to see this turn into another cold case. I've heard people actually say, "We can't let this happen again, not another cold case" People are fed up and this time speaking more about it. This is the first major case that has taken place since our new police force and people are feeling less fearful. They are being more vocal about it and expressing it rather than hiding behind fear as in the past. I'm not saying it's ok to point fingers, just trying to give you the history behind why people in PC feel the need to express themselves about Mason and not hide in fear. Unfortunately the net is the way of communication, socializing and expressing  feelings this day in age.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 17, 2011, 12:19:50 PM »
pc glade the new police force have the confidence of the citizens,  I guess that speaks for itself right.  It would seem they are taking every action possible right now to find this girl, or at least it does to me.  Looks like confidence is well placed.  They will solve this and find her I believe.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 17, 2011, 12:23:34 PM »
It sounds like the people have some confidence in the police now. From all I've read, the police there are leaving no stone unturned in trying to find out what happened to Amber. We need to let them do their job.
If Mason, is involved the evidence will speak for itself. If he is not, well then it will show that too. It's not like he will not be under scrutiny. I'm sure they are taking a long hard look. 

I'm glad you all feel more confidence in the police force you have now, and that you have a voice. However, that having been said, I'm sure you can understand that we can't let this thread turn into a gong show. We do not have proof to name anyone here.

This thread is for Amber. I know that all of you care for her. We need to post here with respect.

natesgirl1977

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 17, 2011, 12:43:53 PM »
This thread is for Amber. I know that all of you care for her. We need to post here with respect.
[/quote]

I agree.  The thread is about Amber; however with the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, it is hard not to comment about things surrounding her, and her disappearance.  Of course when there is a man involved, there is a lot of finger pointing and blaming.  Just going down the road and going to a clothing store you hear so many rumors and speculation. 

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 17, 2011, 01:07:28 PM »
Just going down the road and going to a clothing store you hear so many rumors and speculation. 

I'm sure that's true. Common in a situation such as this. As you said, the talk is rumours and speculation.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 17, 2011, 01:20:26 PM »
One thing I've wondered about is if Amber crossed the road before she got to the bend of the road. There used to be a building there and recently was torn done and turned into a parking lot. The right side of the road is where Dooly's and the sidewalk is, but it's also the side that's a little more gloomy looking due to the wooded area. If for some reason she decided to cross to the other side, then it could be possible someone was in the parking lot and took her there. Just a theory, and I hadn't heard if they searched the lot, or if the cameras at Dooly's saw her walk all the way to the bend on the right side of the road.