Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1039520 times)

RJ

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #345 on: October 17, 2011, 10:13:33 AM »
I don't put too much stock in Alan Hatfield. He was convinced the spirit of some gorilla research woman murdered in Africa was trapped in monkeys in the Calgary Zoo and when the Hayward fellow went missing four years ago, he apparently convinced his parents his body was buried in the Halifax area (it was found off a walking trail in Stellarton near the soccer complex).

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 17, 2011, 10:19:29 AM »
RJ .....was anyone charged with the boys death? For some reason I can't remember this.

RJ

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 17, 2011, 10:23:24 AM »
Nope, it was a suicide. He was in his 30s, I think? But it was something like two years before they found the body, right behind the soccer complex. I think it was Hayward - maybe Hayman? Can't think of his first name.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 17, 2011, 10:24:43 AM »
PC I was wondering the same thing when Levi made that post.  Is it a fact or more speculation I am wondering.

I'm wondering the same thing. There has been much speculation and rumour. I believe a lot coming from FB. It would be helpful if when providing information, a link could be posted. Hearing things through the grapevine or through the town rumour mill does not make it real.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 17, 2011, 10:26:57 AM »
Okay ....I remember now, Thanks

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 17, 2011, 10:49:43 AM »
I believe that anything posted that is not made aware to the police is told to the police, just like any tips.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 17, 2011, 11:00:57 AM »
Nope, it was a suicide. He was in his 30s, I think? But it was something like two years before they found the body, right behind the soccer complex. I think it was Hayward - maybe Hayman? Can't think of his first name.

It was NOT two years later, it was just a few weeks. He DID NOT commit sucide! I grew up in that area! and I knew Todd and his family! His son lived just a short distance from where they found his body!

It was suicide - and it was waaay more than a few weeks (2007-2009). I'm positive.

Back to Amber. Since they are now only focusing on the area surrounding her and Mason's home, I would think they are on to something.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 17, 2011, 11:01:24 AM »
It seems to be a large area the police and searchers have to go over. It is two different areas of Pictou County. I still keep thinking that the person who is involved in Amber's disappearance, possibly took her to a provincial park. Most of these places are well known and nobody would be there in the night hours. I wonder have the police checked any provincial parks that are close to where Amber went missing. From what I understand is they are now searching in a half  hour's drive from New Glasgow, so that would have to be about 35 miles from where she was last seen. I just wonder why they can't find her. And if the police were investigating everyone's story, they should have searched Mason's apartment when they knew she was missing. The last known person to speak to someone, they should be checked out. I'm not saying that Mason did anything, don't get me wrong, but all stories should be checked thoroughly. The police possibly have more information then they can give to the public. They are working very hard to find Amber and are doing a lot of work to help her family.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

grich

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 17, 2011, 11:04:01 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=728335328

alan hatfield's facebook page.  from what i'm reading and the impression this guy is giving from his page, he thinks himself more of a prophet than a psychic.  "If it is God's Divine plan..then we will find Amber:)", he has in answer to many questions on his FB status.  interesting.  i think it's too bad this guy is even given a chance to speak on the case.  much less be considered a resource.  shows you how desperate things are in pc right now.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 17, 2011, 11:06:02 AM »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 17, 2011, 11:06:15 AM »
At least the Police and the entire community are totally involved and are being very active. WHOEVER DID THIS NEEDS TO BE CAUGHT. I can understand why the locals are posting about the boyfriend because it is so much easier to think or believe that as opposed to the alternative. Fear of an unknown random killer operating in a small community would be rampant. But going too far with that without proof does no good. Obviously the Police are on it and vehicles etc are being checked. Tips are coming in and the Police are following up.

The area of the Big Gut Bridge in Pictou Landing is another one. It's basically that someone calls in information in the form of a tip

Odds are we are looking at a homicide now, the people in the community are doing everything right and are keeping the attention levels up. It's just a matter of time IMO before it all comes out in the wash. Amber just needs to be found, keep calling in all the tips, vehicle sightings times and locations. The Police will put it all together whether we are made aware of everything or not.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 17, 2011, 11:08:04 AM »
At least the Police and the entire community are totally involved and are being very active. WHOEVER DID THIS NEEDS TO BE CAUGHT. I can understand why the locals are posting about the boyfriend because it is so much easier to think or believe that as opposed to the alternative. Fear of an unknown random killer operating in a small community would be rampant. But going too far with that without proof does no good. Obviously the Police are on it and vehicles etc are being checked. Tips are coming in and the Police are following up.

Well said. I agree.

wantinganswers

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 17, 2011, 11:13:37 AM »
I am interested to know if once this case is finished being investigated whether or not  the files will be open for public review or if records would be sealed. I know we will be given the overall result or conclusion, but would we have access to the reports and documentation from the case?

I live in the community and have been hoping and praying for all of Amber's loved ones. I, along with the rest of this community, am very disturbed with this whole case. I understand Police cannot divulge  information to the public while they're in the middle of solving a case but I truly hope that when all is said and done, this case becomes transparent.  I truly hope that law enforcement knows what they're doing on this case and pulls through with justice.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 17, 2011, 11:14:43 AM »

Very well said D1. Thank you.

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 17, 2011, 11:16:35 AM »
I think it's kind of cool for a psychic to step in and have his say.  I had a reading years ago and it was.....well, different.  You are audiotaped through the session.  Even though not everyone may agree on what he says, but who agrees on anyone that is commenting about what is happening?  It's not that we are soooo desperate in PC, it's everyone is puzzled about this mysterious disappearance.  It is scary, because when you think about it, if it was not Mason who did it, who out there is lurking and preying on young girls?  Has to be someone new to PC to do this, but someone local would know just the right place/time to commit the crime.