Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1033974 times)

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2011, 06:21:03 AM »
Jay,
Am I wrong in thinking that in these sort of cases, the missing person's home would be one of the first places investigated?

[/b]

Not in the least. If the bf was a person of interest, in this case the person's home, car, land, would be checked first and foremost.

So they wouldn't have to have a ridiculous search warrant to search beacuse she lived with someone?

Mind you, I am not law enforcement, but I would think that the home would have been voluntarily offered up for search from the very beginning. The would have needed to get articles of Amber's in order to do a proper search with the K-9 unit.  My understanding has been that this young man has been nothing but forthcoming with the police in every aspect.

Couple of notes and corrections:

Yes the police would have searched the residence.
Yes they would have needed a search warrant, unless invited in by any resident over the age of 18 who lives there.
No K9 would not have needed articles from there. This is a myth of sorts.. in Canada we generally dont use scent discrimination dogs. This is why people have to stay out of areas where K9 is going in. They hit on human scent which is left because skin rafts which are falling off us like crazy.

GSAR_Mbr

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2011, 06:25:28 AM »
GSAR,

Thank you for clarifying this....:) We learn new things every day!

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2011, 06:29:29 AM »
GSAR,

Thank you for clarifying this....:) We learn new things every day!

No problem, people still do their owb searches... It's a fact we deal with but I have had Seargants issue the warning that any civilians that went into the woods would be arrested on the spot for obstruction. In a case like this with a huge area its tough for then to control. All will show in the end but if Mason finds her... In a case like that I would suspect he will be arrested swiftly. Again not saying he did it but when the significant other finds the subject in these cases that's what the history shows..

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2011, 06:43:09 AM »
A house can only be searched under two conditions, 1- if they have consent or 2- if they have the grounds (which is what is needed for a search warrant). Same for the car under these circumstances. So if you are correct in saying that the house was already searched, then it would have to be under one of these two conditions.

Suggesting it has been searched would be a better term.. I know before I said it more factually. I would presume it has been searched as i know it would be here in NB.

GSAR_Mbr

sweetgirlns

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2011, 06:47:32 AM »
It has not been mentioned about a lie detector test,I know if I was innocent I would want to prove it somehow and get the focus of the investigation where it should be.If the boyfriend had nothing to do with this as he said,that should be the first thing HE asks for.Then the police would not be wasting time where he is concerned and look at other leads.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2011, 06:56:11 AM »
It has not been mentioned about a lie detector test,I know if I was innocent I would want to prove it somehow and get the focus of the investigation where it should be.If the boyfriend had nothing to do with this as he said,that should be the first thing HE asks for.Then the police would not be wasting time where he is concerned and look at other leads.

Polygraphs are not common and are easy to cheat. It's all about heart rate and breathing. No i dont have experience here.. just what fellow LE members have told me.

But it couldn't hurt! I like that idea.

GSAR_Mbr

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 17, 2011, 07:08:17 AM »
Event girl I think that link takes us to your home page, you may not want that posted on here , just a thought.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 17, 2011, 07:22:56 AM »
Has their been anything new reported, or any other searches started in the area?  Are the police still searching where they were last night anyone local know?

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 17, 2011, 07:40:22 AM »
Before the scanners were shut down yesterday, I did hear an officer say "I just received word we will continue the SAR tomorrow at the site". He rquested more bodies to keep the site secure over night and a body for the next day (today).

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2011, 07:43:59 AM »
thanks Pc.  Hoping today is more productive in bringing Amber home. 

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2011, 08:26:27 AM »
Let's just keep our posts down to talking about the fact that Amber is missing and the search to bring her home. It really doesn't matter here what anyone's personal opinion of Mason is. In the end, that will not have anything to do with the investigation. His guilt or innocence will be based on evidence.

RJ

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2011, 08:27:49 AM »
It's on the Evening News website they're searching the woods by the Big Gut Bridge, near Amber's house, today. They have four SAR teams from around the province out looking. But I also understand they're not looking in any other areas.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 17, 2011, 08:38:28 AM »
Makes me think with 4 sars team they must think they will find her, or find something related to her.  Hope they have a good , dry clear day for searching.  Hoping the local people will keep us updated.  Thanks so much for your post.

kimvan

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 17, 2011, 08:41:02 AM »
This is the first time I've been on here to post.  I've been reading this thread now for days and I just hope that they find this beautiful girl:(  Having kids myself, I cannot imagine what her parents are going through. 

kimvan

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 17, 2011, 08:55:10 AM »
He is a POI....they now have his car.