Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1022304 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #285 on: October 16, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »
Thanks Levi.  Please refresh my memory, are you from the same place that Amber is missing from?

Levi

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 16, 2011, 09:17:04 PM »
Thanks Levi.  Please refresh my memory, are you from the same place that Amber is missing from?

About 150 kms away.

schooner

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 16, 2011, 09:42:41 PM »

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 16, 2011, 09:51:44 PM »
Schooner your right nothing adds up here. Dipping into the boxes should never be allowed. Each store should take the money and put in an envelope for the bank.  Grabbing 5's and 10's for smokes really bugs me. He seems to be enjoying all this attention. If he has bills he should be at work and leave it to the authorities to find out the truth. Keep busy and let the right ones do the search. Her family is a different story they must be heartbroken. I cannot even imagine what they are going through. Bring the little girl home safely.

schooner

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 16, 2011, 10:09:34 PM »
To be driving around looking for her in an illegal car... I don't understand. The community has pulled together so much that i am sure someone would offer to drive him around or to the rec center.

I hope "concerned parent" can convince those kids to start talking! I am very interested to know if all the people that were at his apartment were still there when he got back and how long he was gone for????? I am sure the police have asked these questions and interviewed everyone that was there. As part of their investigation i guess there are some things we are not meant to know just yet. I strongly feel that the police know who took her or they would be warning the public if it was a random act. Hopefully they are waiting for this "person" to lead them to her!

PleaseComeHome

• "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 16, 2011, 10:15:43 PM »
On the fb page for Amber it ws posted by (anonymous got privacy reasons)

"Just got back from uptown, put another candle up for Amber, and re-lit the ones that went out.
If someone can tell me if Mason decides to restart the search that was to occur tonight that would be great. He said about 30 minutes ago he would be posting it on fb once he can get a phone and figure out whats going to happen tonight.
Praying you're found soon Amber, we all want you home safe and sound ♥"

....I thought if he was a POI (which I am not sure the police have released a statement on)..that he would be banned from searching. I am not sure maybe this is more of a community organization or what...but I think the police should be aware who is going. I thought they had to pass a a strcit police test to become a volunteer searcher? Confused...

RJ

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 16, 2011, 10:17:08 PM »

I hope the person who has the answers will step forward and talk.

I think the person who has the answers is about to be arrested.

I just hope something breaks, soon. I'm worried for these kids - I'm not sure they'll be able to cope after having their nerves strung out like this for so long.

I think we all know that with every passing day the likelihood of this little girl coming home unharmed goes down. Bad things happen in this area, too - it was what, four years ago the Hayward fellow went missing, and it was almost two years until they found his body, but that case didn't create the attention this one has, even though he disappeared in broad daylight. Heck, the Evening News has had it on front page every day for a week and I know those poor reporters are working extra time to cover all this, and that sure didn't happen with the Hayward case.

I don't much care who did what at this point, it just needs to end before everyone snaps. All the rumors are driving everyone mad, but goodness knows there's always a little truth to the Pictou County Rumor Mill.

I find it odd, the section of the county they're focusing on so keenly, yet police are still insisting it's a missing persons case. They must suspect foul play by now, because goodness knows the poor girl wouldn't walk all that way by herself, being seen by no one, shoeless, in the middle of the night, and stay there for a week. It's ridiculous to even think that.

PleaseComeHome

• "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 16, 2011, 10:26:45 PM »
Also what was the timeline between when the boyfriend saw she was not at Al's and made the 9/11 call? I have heard that it was not until early morning. Just looking for clarification on this?

RJ

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 16, 2011, 10:32:08 PM »
Pleasecomehome - he's been leading private searches all week, I remember hearing he'd done the track behind the graveyard on Trenton Rd specifically, but he's not on a SAR team to my knowledge.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 16, 2011, 10:35:48 PM »
from schooner:
I am sure the police have asked these questions and interviewed everyone that was there. As part of their investigation i guess there are some things we are not meant to know just yet.

I'm sure the police have asked all the questions that we have asked here, and many more. As in any investigation they will not divulge information that will compromise the case. Yes, there will be things that we are not meant to know yet. I would be skeptical of those acting like they are privy to inside information. It is likely not much more than rumour and speculation at this point.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2011, 12:04:35 AM »
NO there is no criteria for being a volunteer searcher. A few years ago in Edmonton, a man led a search party looking for his missing wife. Not surprisingly, he found her dead in a ditch. He ended up being convicted of her murder.

That said, I am glad he is out looking, and her friends and such. That community has a great spirit and I wish more places responded as quickly and with as much enthusiam as this one.

"Just got back from uptown, put another candle up for Amber, and re-lit the ones that went out.
If someone can tell me if Mason decides to restart the search that was to occur tonight that would be great. He said about 30 minutes ago he would be posting it on fb once he can get a phone and figure out whats going to happen tonight.

....I thought if he was a POI (which I am not sure the police have released a statement on)..that he would be banned from searching. I am not sure maybe this is more of a community organization or what...but I think the police should be aware who is going. I thought they had to pass a a strcit police test to become a volunteer searcher? Confused...

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2011, 12:09:29 AM »
I agree with that. The police have nto said anything in days, and when they did, they said they were processing evidence. And it sounded like they were doing a very specific search recetnly too. I hope this means they are building a case right now!

I hope the person who has the answers will step forward and talk.

I think the person who has the answers is about to be arrested.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2011, 01:27:24 AM »
I'm not a "big fan" of police since years, but the winds of change have been blowing around; I've got a strong feeling these police are not one bit stupid.  I don't think they will make any mistakes here.  I think someone will be ending up locked away for a long...long time over this.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 17, 2011, 05:39:04 AM »
I'm not a "big fan" of police since years, but the winds of change have been blowing around; I've got a strong feeling these police are not one bit stupid.  I don't think they will make any mistakes here.  I think someone will be ending up locked away for a long...long time over this.

I believe that is why they are being so thorough with every tip they receive. It is best to leave no stone unturned, especially in the case of a missing person. Bringing in the RCMP Crime Team was an excellent move on behalf of the New Glasgow Police detachment.

I would like to remind everyone at this point:
There have been no statements verifying any articles have been submitted as evidence in this particular case, they have only been sent for forensic testing.
Rumors about someone's car being impounded last evening, may have more to do with a certain individual driving around without proper insurance and paperwork, rather than being directly related to this case.

And finally.... “If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with your own ears, don't think it with your small mind and spread it with your big mouth!”   :D

Assuming makes an ass out of You and Me. So always use an objective mind frame.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 17, 2011, 05:57:06 AM »
NO there is no criteria for being a volunteer searcher. A few years ago in Edmonton, a man led a search party looking for his missing wife. Not surprisingly, he found her dead in a ditch. He ended up being convicted of her murder.

That said, I am glad he is out looking, and her friends and such. That community has a great spirit and I wish more places responded as quickly and with as much enthusiam as this one.

Chris with all due respect I would ask you not to come up with your own answers to questions as this one is wrong. There is criteria to be a volunteer Searcher, whether the person is on the local SAR team or whether they just want to help for a specific file.

It varies from Province to Province but there IS criteria which must be met and has been posted (parts of it) in my earlier posts. Note to anyone thinking that hey can just go search... if you aren't cleared to do so by the police you are actually liable to face charges for obstruction of Justice. Please get the facts for your local area before assuming anyone.. even someone listed as an admin is right.

GSAR_Mbr