Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1022220 times)

Oryx

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #270 on: October 16, 2011, 07:36:17 PM »
Jay,
Am I wrong in thinking that in these sort of cases, the missing person's home would be one of the first places investigated?

[/b]

Not in the least. If the bf was a person of interest, in this case the person's home, car, land, would be checked first and foremost.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2011, 07:38:33 PM »
Jay,
Am I wrong in thinking that in these sort of cases, the missing person's home would be one of the first places investigated?

[/b]

Not in the least. If the bf was a person of interest, in this case the person's home, car, land, would be checked first and foremost.

So they wouldn't have to have a ridiculous search warrant to search beacuse she lived with someone?

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 16, 2011, 07:41:19 PM »
Jay,

[/b]

So they wouldn't have to have a ridiculous search warrant to search beacuse she lived with someone?

Mind you, I am not law enforcement, but I would think that the home would have been voluntarily offered up for search from the very beginning. The would have needed to get articles of Amber's in order to do a proper search with the K-9 unit.  My understanding has been that this young man has been nothing but forthcoming with the police in every aspect.

IMHO

• As the Name says- In My Humble Opinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »
Without a doubt- it is a pressure cooker here and on other on line sites. Personally I think that may be a good thing. At some point someone will bow to the pressure and hopefully open their mouths.  If as concerned parent indicates some of the young people are now coming forward- that is a good thing. I am sure some of Ambers friends did not like her BF...that would be normal human nature of teenage girls.  I hope if that is the case- they have expressed their concerns to the police.

No one knows what was said in the conversation between Amber and the BF when he said she called to go pick her up. A lot of the information from that point on is based solely on what the BF has told people. Possibly self serving. So we can take that with a grain of salt.

I have major issues with the fund raising- now they are talking bottle drives and gathering pennies. Yes, bills have to be paid, but that would be the last thing on my mind.  I fully support the funds raised for the reward. But under no circumstances should any money be disbursed now to anyone from donation boxes set up in the various locations - ie: mall & Rec Centre.  There needs to be a proper accounting and accountability.

As the name says..IMHO

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2011, 07:44:38 PM »
Hags- I knew that some have been taken down and replaced due to the phone #, but the ones we put up were the the two newest ones, both with crimestoppers #. It's just sad :(

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2011, 07:44:47 PM »
Sad333.  Sorry, I know it is Amber.  Hmm., no excuse on my part.  We do have a thread on here for a young lady in Quebec, same age as Amber, who was found murdered, and I guess I have her in "back of my mind"

I am beginning to see, after reading much of the posts, why Mason is seen by some as being involved somehow. Posters  have their right to express their reasons for feeling the way that they do.  It doesn't have to be all one sided.

Items of evidentiary value, means that what they have found are things that could be used in court should an arrest be made. Example - the shoe.  They are still looking for items of evidentiary value.  And the search for Amber, of course,   continues as well.
His home, where she lived, may have already been searched.  And if not, why not?   We don't know.

About the funds?  I agree IMHO.

JB

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »
IMHO

I agree with you 100% in regards to donations being made. In no way or means whatsoever should any of this money anywhere but straight into the TD bank account that has been set up.  My personal feelings on the matter of the donations are as follows:

They were started merely for assistance and support to the family and the search campaign.  If monies are being raised and spent in any other way the persons spending the money should be held accountable and have to pay back the cash made.

If the bf is dipping his fingers into the till.....then those keeping an account (and believe me there are people doing so) will be making a note of anything spent on his behalf and what he owes, if persay he is responsible in any sense for the young ladies disappearance.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 16, 2011, 07:49:20 PM »
JB - thanks for clearing up the evidenciary search question. I just found it odd the way they expressed so clearly thats the kind of search they were doing as opposed to just saying they were still searching

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2011, 08:15:18 PM »
Hag - no, it was his cousin who is spearheading the benefit being held on the 28th.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 16, 2011, 08:19:11 PM »
Everyone here is entitled to an opinion, however we can not have people directly accusing anyone. This is not a court and we are not judge and jury.

This thread is for Amber Kirwin.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 16, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »
Either way, it has nothing to do with finding Amber. I'm hoping whatever activity happened this evening is the last piece of the puzzle to finding her.

Thank you and you are right.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 16, 2011, 08:37:18 PM »
Truly hope with the intensity of searches going on today that they find her, and find her alive.  Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends and people who love Amber that it is resolved soon.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 16, 2011, 08:42:40 PM »
There is 145 guests on this forum tonight...and today a record was broken for the most viewers.  That goes to show how many people are hoping for some answers in Amber's disappearance.  It goes to show how many of you "down easteners" care for Amber.  We all do, but it is so evident on this thread that so many people care.   

I hope the person who has the answers will step forward and talk. 

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 16, 2011, 08:50:27 PM »
Yes, this thread is about Amber.  Amber did not live in a bubble.  She had parents, she had friends, she had classmates, she had co-workers, and she had a special guy in her life.  It may also be possible, that she had a secret admirer, unknown to Aamber and to others. 

Were there any "new faces" at Dooley's that night?
Was there any particular person who stared at her for long periods of time?

Did anyone leave shortly after Amber left Dooley's?  She was caught on the video leaving Dooley's, I believe. - or was there anyone who left a few minutes prior to Amber leaving the bldg?

All of that being asked, I have the impression that police are confident that they are on the right track.
And yes there are times, that a person is NEVER FOUND.

JB

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 16, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
Levi wondering why you think some one is about to be arrested?  Do you know that or is that just your opinion?  If you know something please keep us updated.  Many of us are up till all hours even though we dont know Ambers worrying and praying she is found safe.  Thanks.