Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1033973 times)

Jay

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2011, 07:07:11 PM »
FWIW - as much as I don't agree with Mason's behaviour and that odds would be that he's involved, my gut instincts are that is was random. I have no proof and if I'm wrong I'm wrong. I will question things until I get confirmed answers, but regardless I just want her home first and THEN we can worry about who's involved.

I would assume since the authorities aren't warning us to be careful or on guard that they don't think this'll be a serial "thing"?

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2011, 07:07:36 PM »
I saw a group of people who were out (must have been at the vigil) discussing him buying the smokes and fireworks. I don't know what that's about, but I heard it as well.

Once again....this is hearsay.

I will remind you, anyone who is an actual friend to someone does not go around spreading rumors about said friend. It's just not proper etiquette.

HollyP

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 16, 2011, 07:08:12 PM »
Concerned Parent, If you know all of this to be fact/you are so sure, why don't you go to the police then?

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 16, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »
I thought the donations were for the family and I don't think a BF is family. He seems to be really enjoying the attention. Better for him to lie low and stop speculation regarding his attitude. Grabbing 5's and 10's from donation boxes is totally wrong. People have a hard time financially in this day and age and would hate to think their bit of money was being wasted like that. Police should be told about this.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 16, 2011, 07:11:38 PM »
A $5,000 reward would be alot of money to a young person. If any one in the two camps (her friends and his friends) know something............

Police said that they have things of evidentiary value. So, I think they have a fair idea as to  what happened to Valerie, and are confident that they are searching the right areas.

Bless both of the families, and the townsfolk of Pictou County.

JB

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2011, 07:13:18 PM »
I thought the donations were for the family and I don't think a BF is family. He seems to be really enjoying the attention. Better for him to lie low and stop speculation regarding his attitude. Grabbing 5's and 10's from donation boxes is totally wrong. People have a hard time financially in this day and age and would hate to think their bit of money was being wasted like that. Police should be told about this.

People are setting up the funds for "The Kirwan's and Mason". The money wouldn't have been in the bank yet since it'll be closed until tomorrow. So "if" he did take the money (yes, hearsay) he would have access to it since it seems it's "mostly" all his friends running the benefit/fundraisers (maybe not, but I know his cousin spearheaded the benefit night). People are upset that the money will help him instead of just the family, but to be fair since Amber is gone she will have bills to be paid too. Probably 1/2 their rent and utilities are her responsibility. Also, as for the bank account, when they are set up it is in a manner so that one person can't go in and wipe it out - so that's not a possibility.

EvaCampbell

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2011, 07:14:29 PM »
Posted on the online scanner page:

Pictou County Public Safety

Status: Until further notice, ALL law enforcement channels are turned off. This is due to the out of control Facebook posts of "I heard this on the scanner" and the ridiculous rumors that come from those comments in relation to the Amber Kirwan case.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2011, 07:16:46 PM »
A concerned - are you saying they stopped searching 100 ft before there home - not IN their home?

Also, can someone explain what an evidenciary search is as opposed to another kind? Are they searching for her? Or just evidence? Sorry if it's a stupid question!

HollyP

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2011, 07:18:25 PM »
Glad the scanner has be shut down. The way peoles mouths ar4e running is crazy... Not to mention RUINING peoples lives... All very sad.

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »
Jellybean you keep saying Valerie . Her name is Amber. I agree with you about the money. It should be going to her family.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2011, 07:25:18 PM »
if she was attacked in between big als and dooly's he would have seen it happen.

There is a short distance where HE wouldn't be able to see her from Big Al's. But if something did happene there, then people at Dooly's should have been able to see her. Someone HAD to have seen something!

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 16, 2011, 07:27:54 PM »
For those curious about how the TD Donation accounts work....

When an account is set up for monetary donations there is usually one or two trust holders.  Meaning the account is set up primarily for entering the money, but the cash can only be withdrawn by the two trustees.

Because of the issue with who is getting this money, I am fairly positive any funds raised that go into this account are not being withdrawn by any family member, friend, or the bf himself personally.

The Trustee(s) would need to be a lawyer, or someone the family trusts to take care of the account.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 16, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
Way too much time is being spent here talking about Mason. As I've said in the past, some here think he is involved and some do not. That will remain to be seen. It is not up to us to try him in the court of public opinion.

This thread is for Amber.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 16, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »
I believe debbiec would know what this particular forum is for....... :o

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 16, 2011, 07:34:37 PM »
Am I wrong in thinking that in these sort of cases, the missing person's home would be one of the first places investigated?