Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1039556 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #210 on: October 16, 2011, 11:24:08 AM »
Thanks eva for clearing that up/

EvaCampbell

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 16, 2011, 11:27:44 AM »
RE Cell phone call.  It has been discussed that a call came through to 911 from a girl but when the number was called back it was disconnected.  Then someone said that even a disconnected number can accept a call from 911.  So, how can that be?  Does this mean that 'call' that eveyone heard reported was just a rumor and not fact?

I just wanted to put this out there, because I didn't actually know this myself until I began this job. But any phone cellular or land line, regardless of whether or not you subscribe to service for that phone CAN call 911.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 16, 2011, 12:13:16 PM »
GSR.

I am just getting back to the posts from earlier discussions. I apologize if I seemed abrasive in any sense. The fundraising comment was rude of me.   Part of me was trying to defend Eva's son alongside of her.  No mother needs to read such hateful comments about their child. It's painful and immature to say the least......

I was trying to remind those visiting the site that not everything is as meets the eye.  The media portray what they want to portray, and every person reacts differently in different situations. Instead of having flame wars, perhaps it would be more productive to have clean discussions.  I just noticed that there are admins who consistently moderate the site. It did not appear this was occurring previously.  So once again I apologize if I was rude to you.  It was a little bit of the momma bear shining through.

C

halifax902....... inquiring about "conversations in regards to what is spoken on scanners".  I do believe this refers to listening to the actual police scanner, rather than the online scanner, where most info is scrambled, coded or the frequency switched if speaking about sensitive information.  That information, if applicable, can be used in a court of law.  If passed over public knowledge it is no longer usable......from what I understood. Someone else may be able to verify this further.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 16, 2011, 12:27:32 PM »
If Amber remains missing or is found murdered, a wide net will be cast for the killer. Mason will obviously be included whether his family or friends believe he should be or not. He will be publicly exonerated if and when another guilty party is found. If innocent he will have to go through the process to be ruled out same as any other poi. Nothing personal, just the way it is. Vehicle descriptions may become important at some point too either to further exonerate or implicate. What did Mason drive? Any other suspicious vehicle reports from that night?

Nothing personal, Just seeking the facts ma'am, just the facts.

IMHO

• As the Name says- In My Humble Opinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2011, 01:08:33 PM »

halifax902....... inquiring about "conversations in regards to what is spoken on scanners".  I do believe this refers to listening to the actual police scanner, rather than the online scanner, where most info is scrambled, coded or the frequency switched if speaking about sensitive information.  That information, if applicable, can be used in a court of law.  If passed over public knowledge it is no longer usable......from what I understood. Someone else may be able to verify this further.

According to the Radiocommunication Act,[10] it is completely legal to install, operate or possess a radio apparatus that is capable only of the reception of broadcasting (digital and analog, but not encrypted data) provided that private information is not passed on or disclosed to any other person(s) or party(s).

Hockey_Nut

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »
Divers were searching the water near the Big Gut bridge Sunday afternoon.

http://www.ngnews.ca/media/photos/unis/2011/10/16/photo_1880930_resize.jpg

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 16, 2011, 02:17:47 PM »
Hockey anything new since they sent the divers out, if they did.  Is this in regard to Amber do you think, or is the ten year old who is missing any where near there?

Hockey_Nut

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2011, 02:24:28 PM »
The pic and associated storyline comes up on the same page as the most recent update on 'Search for missing girl continues' so i would def think they are related.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-15/article-2778727/Update%3A-Search-for-missing-girl-continues-/1

IMHO

• As the Name says- In My Humble Opinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
Hockey anything new since they sent the divers out, if they did.  Is this in regard to Amber do you think, or is the ten year old who is missing any where near there?

The 10 yr old was found about 10km's from where he went missing (looks like a runaway).. 200 miles away from this location...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/10/16/ns-missing-boy-bridgewater.html

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2011, 02:26:53 PM »
Thanks Hockey and Im. much appreciated.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2011, 02:53:59 PM »
GSR.

I am just getting back to the posts from earlier discussions. I apologize if I seemed abrasive in any sense. The fundraising comment was rude of me.   Part of me was trying to defend Eva's son alongside of her.  No mother needs to read such hateful comments about their child. It's painful and immature to say the least......

I was trying to remind those visiting the site that not everything is as meets the eye.  The media portray what they want to portray, and every person reacts differently in different situations. Instead of having flame wars, perhaps it would be more productive to have clean discussions.  I just noticed that there are admins who consistently moderate the site. It did not appear this was occurring previously.  So once again I apologize if I was rude to you.  It was a little bit of the momma bear shining through.

C

Oryx thank you for the apology.. I may have taken your wording more to heart than neccesary. I can see the point behind defending Mason/his mother as it is very true what others have posted. Nobody has even been arrested so some have been harshly pointing fingers.

I myself could be included in that since I posted my gut feelings over his interviews. No hard feelings are felt over your comments and hopefully my responses weren't too abraisive(its difficult to go back on my phone and re read them as it would take forever to find them. I will look tomorrow from a computer.) I extend an apology though for my frustrations which I am sure were shining through.

GSAR_Mbr

oceansalt

« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2011, 04:02:04 PM »
We live a few miles from the Scotch Hill Site and took a drive by at around 11 am this morning. There were roughly 20 cars, one RCMP car, 2 search and rescue vans. There were generators set up and also a video camera set up that was taping all the cars that drove though. We were stopped and asked to be aware that there would be alot of people stepping out of the woods onto the road and to be careful. There were helicopters flying over head as well. I have not heard any rumours at all from local people. The site is about a 30 minute drive from New Glasgow.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 16, 2011, 04:33:39 PM »
Ocean , did you feel that what they are doing there is in regard to Amber, or something totally different?  Hard to imagine them having another major thing that close thought.  Thanks for your update.  Wonder why they would video the cars passing?  Any one have a thought about that?

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2011, 05:00:54 PM »
Maybe like an arsonist returning to watch the fire? Maybe there was a certain type of vehicle reported in the area? There must be a vehicle of interest? This is 30 minute drive from where Amber was last seen?

whispersoftly

• justice ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2011, 05:07:01 PM »
video-ing cars going past a possible 'crime scene' of this nature, at least I thought was standard procedure here......I know it is in some states.
It goes on the belief that the killer/arsonist/rapist etc will return to the scene of the crime...

sooo either a certain car was seen around before she went missing or that night -or-
they know something we dont know i.e someone known to them -or-
they will be scanning to see how many times certain cars pass and determining whether they are persons of interest/locals/ innocent rubberneckers etc..

just a thought anyways...