Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1021766 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2011, 05:59:02 PM »
Then they were probably checking out a tip.  The police have pulled out all of the stops, and are going after this case vigorously, so calling in a helicopter would be natural, (RCMP?) RCMP used a helicopter to find and locate Carol King's car. There is only one police car at this site,( which is of interest to people)
If they had located her, then there would be more than one police vehicle there. And yes, the parents would be the first to know. Even then, they may be warned that IT MAY BE, as the police would have to posititvely identify the remains.
So, just in case people are just skimming through this post. 
She has NOT BEEN FOUND, according to her best friend.

JB
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 06:02:47 PM by jellybean »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2011, 06:01:21 PM »
Jelly Bean not sure of the time dif from where I am and to this town,  but it is dark here perhaps there as well.  Do you think it is likely that the one officer is garding the area until daylight comes and a proper search can be done?

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2011, 06:09:38 PM »
Jelly Bean not sure of the time dif from where I am and to this town,  but it is dark here perhaps there as well.  Do you think it is likely that the one officer is garding the area until daylight comes and a proper search can be done?

I know you asked JB but i can answer for a FACT that the answer is no. A crime scene could be watched by one officer but if there is evidence to be bagged it would be done tonight.  A body would never been left with a gaurd like your asking about(if i understand you right)

GSAR_Mbr

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2011, 06:09:55 PM »

I think that this is the case. SAR are resuming search at 7 am there apparently (according to volunteers posting on FB earlier this evening). Earlier there were MANY police at the site, so much so that the scanner was reporting that they were sending extra coverage from Antigonish. At 4pm they said the search would be extended 3 more hours, but by 5 they were being told to head back to New Glasgow. It's getting darker earlier here now, and the area is taped off with the entrance being watched by a patrolman. I wonder if it's a set up. A newspaper article stating a "lone officer" and a pic of a single car. Maybe they are trying to trap someone into coming back to cover something up.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2011, 06:12:40 PM »

I think that this is the case. SAR are resuming search at 7 am there apparently (according to volunteers posting on FB earlier this evening). Earlier there were MANY police at the site, so much so that the scanner was reporting that they were sending extra coverage from Antigonish. At 4pm they said the search would be extended 3 more hours, but by 5 they were being told to head back to New Glasgow. It's getting darker earlier here now, and the area is taped off with the entrance being watched by a patrolman. I wonder if it's a set up. A newspaper article stating a "lone officer" and a pic of a single car. Maybe they are trying to trap someone into coming back to cover something up.

This is unlikely as any lawyer would get it thrown out as entrappment

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2011, 06:15:06 PM »

There goes that theory then!
GSAR_ have you ever conducted a search with a person of interest involved in searching along with you?

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2011, 06:23:04 PM »

There goes that theory then!
GSAR_ have you ever conducted a search with a person of interest involved in searching along with you?

Please note I should have put... My understanding is instead of noting it as a fact. As i could be wrong.

To answer your question I personally have not, but there was a search in NB that i have been told about where a gentleman(feels wrong to call him that) acted as a spontaneous volunteer he kept trying to lead his field team astray towards where the subject was found. Unfortunatly for him... His team didn't locate the missing female and therefore his attempt at an excuse for his dna being there didn't work out.

I wasn't arround then and it was years ago but that is what I was told. May I ask your reasoning behind asking? We have a couple cases in NB which are unclosed in my mind one of which is posted in the NB forum but my information on it is confidential and therefore i won't say which one. However i will say the way the remains were found by a family member and the location have SAR confused but then again its the police officers job to sort out the confusion. We just need to find them and bring them home to the ones they love/love them. N
ormally with happy ending.

GSAR_Mbr

IMHO

• As the Name says- In My Humble Opinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2011, 06:29:14 PM »

There is a minimum of two - one is auxiliary...they are on until 0300 hours...

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2011, 06:36:45 PM »
GSAR - The police have identified Mason as a POI (in The News article earlier in the week). I'm curious as to if he would be allowed to search with them. I'm not 100% sure he has been, but I can't remember seeing that he hasn't been either. If someone can clear that up that'd be great. I know he's been doing a great deal of other things to help find her, just not sure about the search part. I'm not convinced he has anything to do with Amber's disappearance by any means, but I know a lot of other people are. Thank-you for your info!

There's a midnight candlelight vigil tonight - I hope by the time it's over they have found her safe. The way I see it is, if someone was able to take her without being noticed, they should be able to bring her back in the same manner! I'm remaining hopeful :)

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2011, 06:43:36 PM »
GSAR - The police have identified Mason as a POI (in The News article earlier in the week). I'm curious as to if he would be allowed to search with them. I'm not 100% sure he has been, but I can't remember seeing that he hasn't been either. If someone can clear that up that'd be great. I know he's been doing a great deal of other things to help find her, just not sure about the search part. I'm not convinced he has anything to do with Amber's disappearance by any means, but I know a lot of other people are. Thank-you for your info!

There's a midnight candlelight vigil tonight - I hope by the time it's over they have found her safe. The way I see it is, if someone was able to take her without being noticed, they should be able to bring her back in the same manner! I'm remaining hopeful :)

In NB if he is a POI there is no way he would be searching. All outside volunteers have to pass CPIC and have an officer sign off before we use them. I believe NS is the same. All SAR team members must have passed a CPIC here to join a team.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2011, 07:12:44 PM »
I can't say for certain Mason didn't have anything to do with it. I don't know him personally, my gut just tells me he didn't do it. I could be wrong. I know the odds are he's involved and statistics are against my opinion. My husband, mother, and best friends all believe he's involved, but I just don't. I've seen all the interviews and read the articles and I'm still not convinced. I spoke with him twice at the first candlelight vigil and he's a mess. Could it be guilt?? Sure could. But I don't think it is. Perhaps a bit because he wasn't right at Dooly's to get her, but I think he's just lost without her. I'm also a huge believer in being innocent until proven guilty, whch he hasn't been or he'd be in jail. Maybe the cops are giving him enough rope to hang himself but we'll see in time. I dunno, I know I could be wrong. Either way, I'm willing to be right or wrong as long as Amber is found. And IF he is innocent, he will never ever have the full trust of his community again which is a shame if he's truly innocent.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2011, 07:32:25 PM »
this is to gsar's comment.where exactly was he seaching?at tim horton or acropol pizza.because he was seen at both places posted and seemed to be in good cheer.he said he was driving all over town looking for her.as if she would be just walking down the street.also i doubt the police would let him be involved in the seach being the closest one to where she was supposed to be that night.

With all due respect... What are you talking about? Please go re read my post and be sure to QUOTE what you are asking about since I wasn't talking about what you are saying I was.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2011, 07:40:34 PM »
GSAR. Gosh, you didn't say that!! Tim Horton's etc. If this young man is charged, seems to me it may not be possible to find an unbiased jury.

JB

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2011, 07:50:18 PM »
GSAR. Gosh, you didn't say that!! Tim Horton's etc. If this young man is charged, seems to me it may not be possible to find an unbiased jury.

JB

Jb can't tell if your being sarcastic or backing me Lol can you clarify
And I agree on the Jury note! Even if it isn't Mason, the jury will be so biased the true killer (if not mason)could get of because he is already to be strung up!

GSAR_Mbr

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2011, 07:51:58 PM »
GSAR:  I am backing you. :) You never mentioned anything about Tim Horton's etc.  Perhaps this person is getting "sites mixed up?" It can happen you know.

JB
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 07:55:53 PM by jellybean »