Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1021538 times)

Jay

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2011, 04:33:12 PM »
I've lived here my entire life (almost 30 years) and can't remember anything like this happening. I think that's a part of why this is so hard hitting to strangers of Amber. It makes it so REAL that these things can happen anywhere, evern our little area where we rarely lock our doors at night :S

Thanks for thinking of her family. They are really good people and certainly don't derserve this :( No one does.

nickydolittle

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2011, 04:45:41 PM »
Can't remember anything like this happening?

Kevin Martin...Lynn Oliver... Alex Penney....no one remembers these people going missing?

nickydolittle

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2011, 04:50:31 PM »
If we're talking about people going missing...those are just the names I'm winging off the top of the head... there's probably a dozen more.

As for violence against women (if we wanna take it that route)... Jamie Lynn Walsh had her throat slit and her baby stolen by her boyfriend, or Andrea Perrin who was killed by her boyfriend before he turned it on himself, what about the Singers in Abercrombie, another murder-suicide? I could go on a huge list....

9/10 a woman goes missing or turns up dead, a man close to her did it. I'm curious to see how this all pans out.

Also didn't go unnoticed that the police have issued a statement saying that the public shouldn't fear for their safety or be concerned... which tells us they know it wasn't random, and that they have some good leads. Hopefully justice is served sooner than later.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2011, 04:52:34 PM »
latest reports have SAR as well as helicopters called out ASAP !!! local residents reporting cops , k9 units , forensic truck out in wooded area near Scoth Hill !!! this is alarming cause they were not supposed to start searching to 7 am tomorrow. Worried to say the least  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Normally SAR does not get called out for a recovery. If SAR has been called for an urgent event it is fully possible that there is a new case occuring.. I see no need for helicopters/SAR if a body has been found. I don't kkow this as fact but if a body has been found there would be no task for a helicopter. And police dont need multiple volunteers in the "crime scene"

Very difficult to guess at however. I dont know whether to hope they found her or not...

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2011, 04:52:48 PM »
Can't remember anything like this happening?

Kevin Martin...Lynn Oliver... Alex Penney....no one remembers these people going missing?
In Pictou County? Nope, I don't remember at all. My mom was telling me about a little boy who went missing years ago from Stellarton, but I was a baby she said.  If that's true and they've all disappeared then I feel horrible that PC has forgotten them enough that in my almost 30 years no one has brought it to my attention. I have no problem admitting that I'm totally ignorant to this kind of thing, perhaps shielded from it growing up?? I dunno, but i feel terrible for them all and their families.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2011, 04:54:12 PM »

Normally SAR does not get called out for a recovery. If SAR has been called for an urgent event it is fully possible that there is a new case occuring.. I see no need for helicopters/SAR if a body has been found. I don't kkow this as fact but if a body has been found there would be no task for a helicopter. And police dont need multiple volunteers in the "crime scene"

Very difficult to guess at however. I dont know whether to hope they found her or not...

Great point!

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2011, 04:58:11 PM »
I do remember Jamie-Lynn's tragedy, and I knew Andrea very very well and will never forget that. The situations seem so different to me and there seems to be no evidence or answers right now. Just lots of rumours and speculation. There're so many qyuestions and doubt that with the other cases the answers came more quickly.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2011, 05:03:46 PM »
they are now posting that 'they' heard on the scanner
water search & rescue crews have been called as well as RCMP helicopter ...ASAP
nobody knows why or what is going on!
OMG, hope this is not bad news , but seems they are looking in the water

The helicopter is stationed out of NB. I will check and see if my contacts know if it has been tasked but for the record... Flight ops are activated by phone not over radio... This could also be troll posting on the Facebook page to hurt people. :/ my gut is feeling weird about these posts.

GSAR_Mbr

Maureen

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2011, 05:13:14 PM »
This is heartbreaking....I know personally how her Mom feels because I have been through it. It is a horrible feeling of not knowing what to do or where to go and your mind racing on what could have happened and where is she. I hope she will be found alive and unharmed....My thoughts and prayers are with Amber and her family....

IMHO

• As the Name says- In My Humble Opinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »

The helicopter is stationed out of NB. I will check and see if my contacts know if it has been tasked but for the record... Flight ops are activated by phone not over radio... This could also be troll posting on the Facebook page to hurt people. :/ my gut is feeling weird about these posts.

GSAR_Mbr

I have my own scanner on (which covers aircraft BTY)..not the public one that I provided a link for...the reports are not from trolls....

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »

GSAR_Mbr

I have my own scanner on (which covers aircraft BTY)..not the public one that I provided a link for...the reports are not from trolls....

Then they are not using the RCMP helo as it transmits on RCMP frequencies. If you hear a helicopter on the air please post its call sign as that does not break law. Only posting transmissions does.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2011, 05:23:06 PM »
GSAR - I was listening to the scanner at the time in question. I didn't hear them specifically ask for the helicopter over the scanner, just people on FB talking about seeing it from where they lived. The scanner did talk about getting PCVGSAR to come ASAP and that it was regarding the "missing girl". Also they asked for a media release, and the name and contact # of the CBC cirrespondent they had been interviewed by.  Shortly after they were asked to switch to "central", which I can only assume is a more confidential frequency?

I wish I could show you all my FB main page right now. Every second person has stauses saying they found her body. It's so awful. Especially because it's all still just rumours. And hopefully that's all it will stay.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2011, 05:29:44 PM »
GSAR - I was listening to the scanner at the time in question. I didn't hear them specifically ask for the helicopter over the scanner, just people on FB talking about seeing it from where they lived. The scanner did talk about getting PCVGSAR to come ASAP and that it was regarding the "missing girl". Also they asked for a media release, and the name and contact # of the CBC cirrespondent they had been interviewed by.  Shortly after they were asked to switch to "central", which I can only assume is a more confidential frequency?

I wish I could show you all my FB main page right now. Every second person has stauses saying they found her body. It's so awful. Especially because it's all still just rumours. And hopefully that's all it will stay.

Bring your Facebook page to the front press the "print screen" key. Paste it into paint and upload as a photo if you wish to show. Thank you for the update. They may have received a tip she is in that area.. that would explain Gsar being called.

Central could he a different frequency but even still they are all open air. Just need the right equipment.

Thanks again for the details.

-GSAR_Mbr

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2011, 05:51:23 PM »

IMHO

• As the Name says- In My Humble Opinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2011, 05:54:47 PM »

With all due respect....No one beyond the parents and police (and I highly doubt the parents would be in the inner loop at this point) would know if she was found.