Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1039944 times)

calorumado

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2011, 03:05:55 PM »
praying this beautiful young lady gets located soon.. hopefully safe and healthy. as time goes by, from previous cases we know this likely is not the case. but i just want to remind you all that although horrible acts have been happening - we have also seen amazing recoveries... the little boy from bc, the woman from moncton nb... theres a chance she is still safe!

i think the police know A LOT more than they are letting on, and personally am hoping the fact they did not do a ground search yesterday as a sign they received a good lead that meant they no longer had to search for answers

calorumado

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2011, 03:08:25 PM »
ALSO - the cell phone comments are true. cell phones stay logged on facebook for a long time (like over a month) without having to be logged in again.. and depending on her phone she may have never had to log in... for example if she had a smartphone she would have been using the ap. if she had logged into her facebook on a friends phone that night as she did not have her cell phone with her, there might be a chance she forgot to log off... its kind of tedious on a cell phone

IMHO

• As the Name says- In My Humble Opinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2011, 05:19:57 PM »
Apparently her mother posted it. It is of Amber's cat.

According to Amber's facebook the Boyfriend's mother posted it.   Why would she have access to Amber's FB & Cell.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2011, 06:29:13 PM »
We all are praying for Amber's safe return. It has to be very stressful for family members. What we usually do is try to question what could have happened to Amber. We just worry because the time has gone by now to almost a week since Amber disappeared, a long time for someone to be missing. I do hope that the police have valueable information as to what may have happened to Amber. The police obviously know more then we do and we will just have to sit by and wait for the results of their investigation. Thoughts and prayers are with family and friends of Amber.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2011, 06:40:33 PM »
hags.nook, can you put that link here where that report was? And have the police checked that report? Just wondering. ???

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2011, 06:48:40 PM »
Quote hags.nook

And why has Mason Campbell's family not come forth in his defense
?  And who ever wrote the Face Book Fake Police Report day 1 is very likely the same person responsible for Amber's disappearance. Unquote.

His mother did come forth in his defence, at least on this site.
See her posts #81, #82 & Post 98. Her first name is Eva.

Peace
JB

IMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2011, 07:06:11 PM »
hags.nook, can you put that link here where that report was? And have the police checked that report? Just wondering. ???

The FB page was "New Glasgow Police"..It was a fake site and I believe it has now been taken down.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2011, 07:35:58 PM »
praying this beautiful young lady gets located soon.. hopefully safe and healthy. as time goes by, from previous cases we know this likely is not the case. but i just want to remind you all that although horrible acts have been happening - we have also seen amazing recoveries... the little boy from bc, the woman from moncton nb... theres a chance she is still safe!

i think the police know A LOT more than they are letting on, and personally am hoping the fact they did not do a ground search yesterday as a sign they received a good lead that meant they no longer had to search for answers

My personal reasoning in my mind for the lack of more grou d searching is they are burning out searchers and have little else to cover so far. I would not think that it is because of evidence at this stage but as im not involved in this case thats just a thought from past experiences.

IMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2011, 07:41:49 PM »

My personal reasoning in my mind for the lack of more grou d searching is they are burning out searchers and have little else to cover so far. I would not think that it is because of evidence at this stage but as im not involved in this case thats just a thought from past experiences.

GSAR_Mbr......no offense but your font color is very difficult to read.  It hurts my old eyes....  :(

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »
No offense taken, I shall make a concius effort to stop coding the entire text and go back to just coding my Sig.

-GSAR_Mbr

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2011, 07:59:36 PM »
I played the ctv.ca segment. Mason looked at the camera when he gave the reason for not picking her up at Dooley's.  He was very straight forward, and was looking directly into the camera. And he  made brief eye  contact with the camera with everything else that he said.

This really says very little in a way...(although it is telling to some posters that he is holding back.)  There may well be another reason.

He could be feeling guilty and ashamed of himself,  because he didn't pick her up,  These are two ways of looking at it. 

We have two families who are in a deep crisis.
I send my best wishes to both families, with hopes that Amber will be found quickly and found safe.

Peace
JB

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:28:35 PM by jellybean »

grich

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2011, 10:17:05 PM »
can someone from pictou county verify that half of the posters up, including the posters originally put up with the grad picture of amber, have telephone numbers that belong to amber's friend on them instead of the new glasgow police number?  someone has suggested on face book that this number belongs to mason campbell.  i am not positive if this is true or not.  further, it has been suggested  (in a news article) that mason gave the NG police a run down of his leads during the 4 or so hours of interrogation he went thought.  why does this child have leads?

if this is true about him giving out his own number and collecting his own leads - does this not represent a problem to anyone?  irregardless of the role this young man played in amber's disappearance, i am unclear as to why he has been given so much power in this situation and even more shocked over how sustainable it has been for him.  someone should be taking the posters down in new glasgow that provide people with numbers that do not reach the police station or crime stoppers directly. 

i am also unclear as to why pictou county has postered over 11,000 posters in their own community spaces (up to 11,00 posters have been donated alone on top of ones printed by individuals as reported by the news).  to me that seems representative of a town who is hysterical or possibly allowing their children to run the postering campaign.  don't get me wrong, i of course am in full support of making sure the message of amber's disappearance is out loud and clear, but plastering your own county from top to bottom in the same poster is only creating an environmental concern.  perhaps the children should be encouraged to brainstorm logical, reasonable and constructive ways to lend a hand during this tough time.   

Concerned123

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2011, 11:09:40 PM »
I live in the area and am growing tired of this sense of 'stick together and say nice things only' the kids have going on. They are all pretending that Amber wasn't actually really drunk, that she & Mason had a perfect warm & fuzzy relationship, that he was the bestest BF a girl could have...excuse me while I throw up.  :o

Yes, she was a nice girl but she got hooked up with a not so nice, guy with a bad attitude if you listen to the real talk about him. The stuff NOT being said on FB or in on camera interviews. He has that classic 'little man syndrome' ..you know , 5 ft tall wants to be 7 ft so has a chip on his shoulders, from the wrong side of the tracks so has another chip, somehow got a nice girl to like him...well she was insecure and he played on it.

The Mason he is showing the camera is not the Mason everyone normally sees strutting around. Its like he's been rehearsing in the mirror repeating the mantra...: must look meek & mild, must look meek & mild" / don't show anger/ don't show anger / wipe away pretend tear.

His god mother who raised him works in internet service providing or something like that so I think people may be spooked to speak out online. 

It is a real small area and someday the truth will come out, however it will likely be too late for poor Amber as I think she was grabbed off the street by Mason & a buddy. My gut has had a bad feeling about him from minute one.
Oh, he also started the Needs store rumor himself, He posted fthis from Ambers FB on Sunday night, then removed it all by Mon morning. Then when the other guy 'fake' guy gets blamed for making it all up Mason sits back & never says a word. Neither does Ambers friend who also posted this & has also changed her story a few times...hmm...( I removed the man's name for privacy.) 
:I HAVE RECEIVED A PHONE CAL THAT AMBER HAS BEEN SEEN TONIGHT AT THE NEED IN NEW GLASGOW AROUND 9 PM. SHE WAS ALSO SEEN LAST NIGHT AROUND 1 30 IN THE SAME LOCATION LAST NIGHT. SHE WAS SUPPOSEDLY SEEN WITH A R.R. ALTHOUGH I AM NOT ENTIRLY SURE , THE POLICE HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BUT WEE ALL KNOW HOW THEY OPERATE, I AM LOOKING FOR ANYONE WHO CAN COME TO THE AREA OF THE NEEDS IN NEW GLASGOW ON THE EAST RIVER ROAD AND HELP LOCATE HER !! I AM ON MY WAY THERE NOW CONTACT ME AT 301**** ASAP, he is not positive on the name, but something close to that.

So... lots to think about in a small town.  :-\

Hello Chills... I'm very curious as to the name that you refer to as R.R. The reason for that is because I've had a past personal experience with an R.R. in PC area. Please fill me in with the full name if you know of it, it would be greatly apperciated, Thanks .... ps. If you are not comfortable posting it on here, you can send a private msg.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2011, 12:06:34 AM »
I briefly looked at the news reports of this case and read some comments posted here. sorry I am just catching up on this now.

Normally, I am the first person to suspect boyfriends or husbands in cases like this. It is a fact most disappearances are caused by the men they are with.

But in this case, I am not seeing anything that jumps out. If anything, I am asking this:

Where was she? Why didn't she want to be picked up where she was?

The boyfriend's cell phone and car will give police ample opportunity to examine him. But I am not so sure he did anything and I hope we will refrain from blaming him just yet. She is young and very well could have ran away, there has been countless times when women that young run away and family and friends thought they'd never do that.

I hope she did just run away and will come home or call soon.

The alternative obviously is grim. And I would want to know where she was at, who was there, and why did she want to be picked up?