Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1021266 times)

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2011, 10:25:28 AM »
The 'family' are NOT requesting donations. this is something the kids came up with. They want to help but don't know what else to do. We had started a bit of a 'kitty' so to speak for gas money for the kids who are driving around distributing flyers, the the family never asked for donations.

People here are only getting half truths and filling in the blank on their own. It is unfortunate, but expected.

Eva, I unerstand that you are having a hard time dealing with the current situation it makes perfect sense for you to be defensive as would I.

If you re read my post all I stated was that the post further above did not make sense as most families are too distraught to think of that. I am a Search & Rescue Volunteer I train at my expense, travel at provincial expense rate(if activated by a police agency) I do not get paid for my days missed at work or get my sleep back for nights spent travelling through the most dense brush and marshes searching for people I have never met and will never truley know. I have Thousands of dollars in personal gear which I use for these events as well as I have my personal dog who is currently being trained at my expense for Tracking.

I search for Suicidal People, Hunters, Lost Children, if they are lost I search... So I fully understand the monetary implications of a situation like this.

Im not trying to battle you on here and I simply wont as we dont know each other. All I would ask is that you stop judging the intentions of the posters on here as we are discussing what could be. I can gaurantee that unless you are guilty of something to do with Amber's Disappearance then you can not tell us fact for fact what has happened either.

We are all here just to voice what we think from the events shown.

-GSAR_Mbr
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:31:41 AM by GSAR_Mbr »

scotsquine

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2011, 10:34:02 AM »
I have a friend in New Glasgow and she tells me that everyone there is totally shocked that something like this could happen there.  She has sent me pictures with hundreds of candles being lit for amber.  She says that the whole town is distressed and rallying around to help in any way.  They are all praying that Amber is found safe.  The kids, teens are scared and are being told to stay in groups.  I know that the BF or husband is always the first person police look at, regardless of the situation.  There are a lot of sex offenders in nearby Halifax, not sure about New Glasgow.  I just pray that they find her safe and soon!

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2011, 10:51:37 AM »
My heart goes out to both families. And I hope that the funds raised will hellp the families to continue with the search. It appears to me that the police are putting forth every effort, pulling out all of the stops in locating this young lady. I wish other communities would have the same spirit of "team work in searches" that Pictou County has shown.
I am hoping that Mason will be able to step back, and get some rest (sleep deprivation is not a good thing) especially when being around police, or being scrutinized by the public (tv). This is a difficult time for both families.This is just my opinion.
If the clothes belong to Amber then it goes without saying that her missing would not have a positive outcome.  We are all hoping that they are not!!

JB

whispersoftly

• justice ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2011, 11:03:25 AM »
every time a situation like this happens donation jars are set out. To me this is nothing new. This happened in the Karrissa boudreau case almost right away. Houses lost to fire,lethal car accidents that children have lost parent etc etc etc....geez.

im not being mean here, but what exactly is the big deal about donations that everyone is stuck on. We have a young girl missing, with the possibility of some articles being found that may belong to her, and everyone is up in arms over donations.?????  Way back on post #56 I explained why donations start and what they are generally used for...

Get a grip

scotsquine

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2011, 11:06:26 AM »
Does anyone have a link to Mason's interview?

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2011, 11:28:38 AM »
The only thing I can add to this post is that I sure would have appreciated donations when my brother was missing.  I give coutos to the people doing so.  When My brother was missing I ended up having to sell my house, to finance searching for him and had to start all over again with three young kids, not easy.  The idea of gas money to search is an excellent idea in my opinion.  All the help I am sure is appreciated and will help in finding her. Hope the town unite and find her.  Prayers for both familys.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2011, 12:21:19 PM »
Abraxis.

You use internet websites as reference points to back up suspicions of lying and then assume that someone is in fact being dishonest.... Then have the gull to call me lazy?

I am really not (oh no, I used I AM instead of I'm) in the mood to discuss linguistics with you.  If major crime units based their arrests on that sort of "lazy" assumption, our jails would be over-crowed with proper-speaking deviants.....it would be a regular Hannibal Lector Ho-down so to speak! :P :o

Your website is loaded with various pointers Abraxis. But it fails to take into account that each person responds to different situations in different manners.  I agree there are ways to determine if someone is lying (you would know what Mason's are if you were very close to him), but these "suggestive mannerisms" are not fail-proof. Therefore, the next time you decide to point fingers please...perhaps you should learn a bit more about humanity.  Btw.....my four year old does not use contractions EVER, he has shifty eyes, can't sit still, and has a false-looking grin.   I guess he must be a continuous liar.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2011, 12:23:35 PM »
You are reading only what the media portrays (I have spoken to the media, it's stressful, and if you have anxiety it makes it even harder to remember everything you need to say).  A reporter takes notes. NOT emotions.  Go talk to the boy yourself if you want some concrete opinions.

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2011, 12:57:21 PM »
I cannot understand why the police are not warning people to be careful when walking at night. They said its just a missing persons case only. They do not want to alarm the public.
I wouldn't want my kids out walking alone until we know what has happened. Maybe they think she has just run away. I guess they are right saying its a missing person case right now so no reason for the public to worry. They said the same thing last year in Nb when the lady had been kidnapped.

BrokenHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2011, 01:18:06 PM »
I can't believe the posts on here... 90% of them are people arguing about nothing they can possibly know. If everyone put as much effort into looking for Amber as they do at trying to point fingers they might have actually found her by now. In my opinion I dont give a crap what happened or who did it, we just need to find this poor young girl and let the police point fingers. As a mother myself I cannot even begin to imagine what her poor parents are going through right now, my heart goes out to them and Amber wherever she may be. I pray every day someone finds her or comes forward with some solid leads at the very least. And people remember, pointing fingers can seriously mess up an innocent persons life. Everyone saying that Mason had to have had something to do with this is going to make his life very hard for the rest of his life. Everyone will always be second guessing him and his actions. IT IS NOT FAIR TO HIM THAT PEOPLE ARE TREATING HIM THIS WAY! Once everything is said and done and Mason is said to be innocent, how will you feel knowing you just screwed up a young mans life for good?!

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2011, 01:25:55 PM »
It is disrespectful to have arguing going on in this thread. Keep in mind that there is a young girl missing here and that needs to be our focus. Please get back to discussing Amber's disappearance. That is what this thread is for.

Any further posts that are written in an argumentative manner will be removed. 

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2011, 01:38:03 PM »
Halifax I believe that he was seen on the video at Big Al's but Amber was not. She was seen at Doolys walking towards Big Al's. It was such a short walk she must have been taken within minutes of leaving the club. Its so sad that in todays world all this crap goes on. We went through this last year with the NB case. She was taken by a total stranger and just taken off the face of the earth.  No one could understand how she walked or was taken for 2 kil and no one saw anything. So it can happen and maybe this is what happened in NG.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2011, 01:46:19 PM »
It is disrespectful to have arguing going on in this thread. Keep in mind that there is a young girl missing here and that needs to be our focus. Please get back to discussing Amber's disappearance. That is what this thread is for.

Any further posts that are written in an argumentative manner will be removed.

So glad this has been posted as I was considering quite politely posting my final thoughts at some people and leaving. It is simply that people are looking to voice their thoughts on here, some people cant be out searching on this case.

My final rebuttle is going to be simple and DebbieC as an admin please feel free to remove it if you wish I have no need to add stress in a forum over a missing person.

It was posted above asking if I would like a fundraiser for the time I spent on here and to that poster all I have seen in your posts is abraisivness, this is a forum which for lack of a better explaination is here for open discussion of all thoughts. I posted what my expenses are because I was attempting to explain that I understand the cost of a Search way better than you as I RUN searches. I have to account for the costs the members put out for each call out we respond to and was also trying to show the lengths I go to in an effort to show that I dont hold back when I can get out there and bring a loved one home.

Im done on this forum topic unless anyone has questions regarding stuff I may be able to answer due to my experience.

Hopefully Amber is found safe and alive and is home soon.

GSAR_Mbr

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2011, 01:56:26 PM »
I am a first time poster but have been following the case very closely. I noticed that in Amber's profile that someone very recently uploaded a video of cats playing from  Amber's phone. I find it strange that someone 1) Multiple people (including her boyfriend) have access to her facebook account and that 2) A person is uploading a video of a cat playing and people laughing.

I do not know if this was from her phone but people are saying it is. I don't know who else has access to her facebook account except her boyfriend. However if I were her boyfriend I would not be posting messages and videos from her account.

I am not making any assumptions or placing blame. I wonder who it is in the video and if it is recent or someone just uploaded an old video from her phone as some sort of memory of her.

So many holes in this case...I hope they find her!!

Alas I find my self opening my mouth yet again.. If it is from her phone it is likely that her account was still logged in, this could have been posted in error or she could have been logged into a friends phone and someone else the owner of the phone uploaded a video they thought to their account but now find they werent the one logged in the phone.

Just the Technician in me thinking.