Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1021054 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2011, 07:41:55 PM »
Thank you sad333:  Yes her parents are reaching out and appealing for her safe return./JB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.news957.com/news/local/article/287767--family-of-missing-new-glasgow-woman-reaches-out

Family of missing New Glasgow woman reaches outPolice in New Glasgow have turned several items of clothing over to forensic identification services to determine whether they're connected to Kirwan's disappearance.

Cst. Ken MacDonald tells News 95.7 local residents turned over a few items Wednesday that are now being analyzed.

"We have had various items of clothing being turned into us by local residents, but our forensic teams and our investigators have to confirm that clothing to see if...it relates to the victim, but this hasn't been done at this point in time," he said.

MacDonald says members of the local community are being extremely helpful with the search effort.

"Some of our community members are helping feed our local volunteers, putting posters up on telephone poles, so we haven't had any problems or issues with the public helping the investigation at all," he said. "The message is out there and the public are being very supportive and cooperative."

Nearly 100 searchers scoured an expanded area Thursday that included woods and the East River.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 08:35:37 PM »
Valerie used a friends phone at Dooley's to call her boyfriend, to ask him to pick her up. They agreed to meet at Big Al's. When he went to Big Al's and waited for her, and she didn't show up, he called the friends phone number, but there wasn't any answer on that persons cell. He probably texted as well.  The cell phone records can always be checked anyway.

JB

grich

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2011, 09:28:54 PM »
the search was conducted in almost every wooded area in new glasgow around the area.  searches also included the east river, which runs through the town.  the last focus of searching, from my understanding, was on glass st. in trenton - not too far from big al's.  but roughly a 20 minute walk, or 3 minute car ride.  there are some abandoned buildings they were searching there.  if you google map and use street view, you can see the walk from dooly's to big al's.  not far.  unfortunately glass street is not on street view, but if you use the satellite option you can zoom in on the street and see the outlines of some of the old structures.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2011, 09:31:38 PM »
No ground search for missing New Glasgow woman
CBC News Posted: Oct 13, 2011 11:18 PM AT Last Updated: Oct 13, 2011 11:14 PM AT

Ground searches for missing New Glasgow woman Amber Kirwan didn't appear to be conducted Thursday, but police say the investigation into her disappearance is ongoing.

Police are going over evidence and tips found in the past few days.

Kirwan, 19, was last seen at about 1:30 a.m. Sunday when she left her friends at Dooly's pool hall to meet her boyfriend Mason Campbell.

Campbell is a person of interest in her disappearance.

Dooly's manager Chasity MacKinnon said she couldn't get it off her mind.

"I mean, we have eight staff, nine staff working at one time and just for no one to see her leave. It's upsetting," MacKinnon told CBC News.

She provided police the last glimpse of Kirwin from a security camera. MacKinnon said security footage shows Kirwan walking alone towards Big Al's Convenience.

People around town say they're hoping she'll be found safe.

Some employees of The Beauty Barn across the street from Dooly's say clients have said they don't feel safe leaving the salon alone after dark.

Police say while there appears to be a lull in the case, that's not true.

"This investigation is not scaled back, we're still investigating it as a missing persons investigation," said Const. Ken MacDonald.

Searches by five crews from across the province were conducted in the New Glasgow area Wednesday. New Glasgow Fire Rescue used three kayaks to search the East River, which runs through the centre of town.

No crews were seen Thursday.

"There's a lot of tips, there's a lot of information, there's a lot of evidence has been gathered from the public and as a result they have to analyze it."

MacDonald said analysis is being done by both New Glasgow police and officers from the RCMP major crime unit.

Police say some articles of clothing found during the search still haven't been identified as belonging to Kirwan.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/10/13/ns-ground-search-amber-kirwan.html

EvaCampbell

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2011, 09:56:43 PM »
I am Mason's 'actual' mother. I raised him. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. I have no problem logging in under my 'actual' name. How about you? Didn't think so.

You seem to think you are the only one who knows the truth? Have you spoken to the authorities? Didn't think so. What exactly do you mean by the 'wrong side of the tracks'? This again proves you don't actually know Mason.

You may be able to persuade others in this forum that you are 'in the know'. However, those people that 'actually' know Mason are reading this and are realizing that you couldn't possibly know him.

As far as him planting the story about the sighting at the Needs store? I was at Needs and the woman was very convincing, the police were less convinced and rightly so it appears. But at the time we were all frantic, and willing to knock on the door of every crack house in town. I was disheartened to learn just how many 'known' drug houses there were. In the early hours we just wanted action, and it seemed like the police were going at a snails pace. But they were actually being meticulous.

Mason speaks to the media to keep Amber's name and likeness out there, fresh each day. He has to be careful what he says as not to hinder the efforts of the police so maybe he is not as articulate as he would like, would you be?

If you feel the need for attention, that is fine. You clearly did not know my son or Amber. As I write this I find I am not so much angry with you, as I pity you. Your mother must be so proud of you. (Oh that's right.....you don't post under your own name, so your mom won't ever know)

I live in the area and am growing tired of this sense of 'stick together and say nice things only' the kids have going on. They are all pretending that Amber wasn't actually really drunk, that she & Mason had a perfect warm & fuzzy relationship, that he was the bestest BF a girl could have...excuse me while I throw up.  :o

Yes, she was a nice girl but she got hooked up with a not so nice, guy with a bad attitude if you listen to the real talk about him. The stuff NOT being said on FB or in on camera interviews. He has that classic 'little man syndrome' ..you know , 5 ft tall wants to be 7 ft so has a chip on his shoulders, from the wrong side of the tracks so has another chip, somehow got a nice girl to like him...well she was insecure and he played on it.

The Mason he is showing the camera is not the Mason everyone normally sees strutting around. Its like he's been rehearsing in the mirror repeating the mantra...: must look meek & mild, must look meek & mild" / don't show anger/ don't show anger / wipe away pretend tear.

His god mother who raised him works in internet service providing or something like that so I think people may be spooked to speak out online. 

It is a real small area and someday the truth will come out, however it will likely be too late for poor Amber as I think she was grabbed off the street by Mason & a buddy. My gut has had a bad feeling about him from minute one.
Oh, he also started the Needs store rumor himself, He posted fthis from Ambers FB on Sunday night, then removed it all by Mon morning. Then when the other guy 'fake' guy gets blamed for making it all up Mason sits back & never says a word. Neither does Ambers friend who also posted this & has also changed her story a few times...hmm...( I removed the man's name for privacy.) 
:I HAVE RECEIVED A PHONE CAL THAT AMBER HAS BEEN SEEN TONIGHT AT THE NEED IN NEW GLASGOW AROUND 9 PM. SHE WAS ALSO SEEN LAST NIGHT AROUND 1 30 IN THE SAME LOCATION LAST NIGHT. SHE WAS SUPPOSEDLY SEEN WITH A R.R. ALTHOUGH I AM NOT ENTIRLY SURE , THE POLICE HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BUT WEE ALL KNOW HOW THEY OPERATE, I AM LOOKING FOR ANYONE WHO CAN COME TO THE AREA OF THE NEEDS IN NEW GLASGOW ON THE EAST RIVER ROAD AND HELP LOCATE HER !! I AM ON MY WAY THERE NOW CONTACT ME AT 301**** ASAP, he is not positive on the name, but something close to that.

So... lots to think about in a small town.  :-\

EvaCampbell

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2011, 10:22:06 PM »
All these questions have been asked and answered by police. You are not (and will not) get the whole story from a few sound bites on tv. Unless you are in law enforcement, you have not heard the 'boyfriends story'. 

Everyone seems to be filling in the blanks on their own, which is unfortunate.

Right now Amber is a missing person. What we are all focusing on is keeping her name and likeness out there, in everyone's faces. Posters, flyers, vigils even benefits. So when (when) someone sees her, wherever she is, there is no way on earth they WON'T recognise her.

I find it all very suspicious related to the boyfriend's story. Who saw him??? Why did he go home to his place and sleep without knowing where Amber was. If she told him to pick her up, how could he just dismiss that, it does not add up. And I don't care how much stress someone is under, you can basically remember what you did. You would make a list of names of who to call. He never once said or pleaded to the public for Amber's return. If he thought someone had her, why not plead to this unknown individual to release her.

If Mason was drinking at home that night, he may have been fuming and working himself into a fit of anger, because Amber was out enjoying herself. And possibly the whole thing blew up when he did pick her up. This is just something that could very well have happened.

And there was a poster that said there were a lot of people in the area that evening, at Big Al's convenience store and on the street after Dooley's closed. Somebody just had to see Amber walking to Big Al's. The only way someone could be taken so quickly is if there was a driver and someone took her. Other then that Amber got into a vehicle willingly.

But who saw Mason when he said he was waiting for Amber??? Those are questions if I was the police, that I would be asking. And how long did he supposedly wait for Amber. And why are her parents not out front and centre asking for the public's help in finding Amber? And would Amber pull a trick like this, I don't really think she would according to what friends say. I think something very bad happened to Amber.  :o :o :o :o :o :o

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2011, 10:23:34 PM »

Please, let's not allow this thread to deteriorate into an argument between two divided sides. Those who think Mason is involved in Amber's disappearance, and those who do not. Clearly that is not productive. This thread is for Amber. There is only one focus here, and that is finding out what happened to her.

Anyone who has any information regarding Amber's disappearance is welcome to post it.

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2011, 10:39:09 PM »
I posted earlier that she was not seen at Als but he was seen waiting for her. She never showed up. So my opinion is she was abducted on Provost street on her way to meet Mason. Maybe at the elks club. He took a chance and drove his car there and it showed on video. Who knows who was in waiting as she walked along such a short distance. I am sure he would have walked there but knew she said I will be there and he waited like I would have if my daughter told me to meet her there. maybe check out the excons.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2011, 10:42:10 PM »
I agree. It's quite possible Amber willingly got into a vehicle with someone who told her they were driving up the road to the store for example. If she had been drinking, her judgement and reflexes may have been impaired. Let's not underestimate the police, who I'm sure are checking out the boyfriend's alibi and the camera at the store where he went to meet her.

I hope and pray Amber is alive.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2011, 11:27:28 PM »
Thanks for your input sad333. I believe that all possibilities should, and likely are being looked at, by the police. It is very possible that Amber was taken off the street. Just because it is not common for a person to be abducted by a stranger, does not mean it doesn't happen. It does.

That having been said, of course the police will also look at everyone who is personally involved in Amber's life. It is a necessary part of the investigation, usually starting with those closest and moving out from there.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2011, 07:56:20 AM »
Just my two cents... I agree with all those commenting that it is odd for a family f be requesing donations at this stage. I have been involved in all kinds of operations similar to his and never seen that until after a subject is found. Does it mean something iswrong here.. no not at all.

I simple back the notion that it is not a standard procedure for most families. What we don't see however is any behind the scenes costs they are being hit with or know their financial situations. DO NOT take that as an insult as it is simply reminding people that we don't know.

Sgt. You say you work LE and you throw in "Acts" but you sound like you are falsifying who you are. No LE I know would suggest bringing in an outside PI to muddle an investigation and work outside the law because if and i say IF someone is guilty here a PI could scrap the case by messing up the investigation. Not to mention most LE would never think if trying to contact a detachment they aren't involved in to give them advice/theories... You let me know how that one works out.

Again just my opinion not meant to insult anyone however I feel more strongly that your posing than I do that Mason could have been involved.

GSAR_Mbr
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:01:10 AM by GSAR_Mbr »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2011, 08:41:49 AM »
from GSAR_Mbr:
Sgt. You say you work LE and you throw in acts but you sound like you are falsifying who you are. No LE I know would suggest bringing in an outside PI to muddle an investigation and work outside the law because if and i say IF someone is guilty here a PI could scrap the case by messing up the investigation. Not to mention most LE would never think if trying to contact a detachment they aren't involved in to give them advice/theories... You let me know how that one works out.

Interesting that you brought this up GSAR. It is pretty much exactly what I thought upon reading this members post.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2011, 08:59:19 AM »

Interesting that you brought this up GSAR. It is pretty much exactly what I thought upon reading this members post.

:) To be honest I thought I might get my fingers rapped by your ruler for being so blunt and straight forward about it. I am glad that others had the same instinct as me.

I would hate to accuse but where I work LE, even if this Man or Woman is LE they are breaking protocols and potentially risking a conviction should anything go to Trial. That makes all LE look sloppy and untrust worthy, people know from my previous posts I dont speak on files im involved in unless I am answering questions about General issues and not that File.

No Sargeant would ever list they were a SGT and put a number designed to be a Badge/REG. Number in a forum.

-GSAR_Mbr

EvaCampbell

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2011, 10:00:46 AM »
The 'family' are NOT requesting donations. this is something the kids came up with. They want to help but don't know what else to do. We had started a bit of a 'kitty' so to speak for gas money for the kids who are driving around distributing flyers, the the family never asked for donations.

People here are only getting half truths and filling in the blank on their own. It is unfortunate, but expected.

Just my two cents... I agree with all those commenting that it is odd for a family f be requesing donations at this stage. I have been involved in all kinds of operations similar to his and never seen that until after a subject is found. Does it mean something iswrong here.. no not at all.

I simple back the notion that it is not a standard procedure for most families. What we don't see however is any behind the scenes costs they are being hit with or know their financial situations. DO NOT take that as an insult as it is simply reminding people that we don't know.

Sgt. You say you work LE and you throw in acts but you sound like you are falsifying who you are. No LE I know would suggest bringing in an outside PI to muddle an investigation and work outside the law because if and i say IF someone is guilty here a PI could scrap the case by messing up the investigation. Not to mention most LE would never think if trying to contact a detachment they aren't involved in to give them advice/theories... You let me know how that one works out.

Again just my opinion not meant to insult anyone however I feel more strongly that your posing than I do that Mason could have been involved.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2011, 10:02:37 AM »
I do not know anyone in this forum. I do not know the Kirwan family on a personal level, and I do not know Mason's family or friends.  So this is a completely unbiased opinion.

But I can tell you a lot about Pictou County and it's widespread generosity to family and friends in need.   All of us know what it is like to try to make ends meet.  Also, I'm fairly positive few of you are aware of the family's financial situations, therefore it's not anyone's place to judge.    People from this area have come home to assist in ANY way they can.  So generating donations for the friends and family of Amber Kirwan is second nature.  Everyday that Mason, and Amber's family spends searching, is another day without the money to pay for groceries, gas, heating, and rent (as Amber was living with Mason, she probably split costs, therefore it is all resting squarely on his shoulders to pay for these necessities).   These are the things that they should not have to worry about, missing a daughter, loved one, it's heartbreaking enough.