Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1033853 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 07:00:53 PM »
Hi Somethingfishy. Welcome to the site!!
 :)
Thank you for providing us with the  links.

Is Big Al's on the same street as Dooleys? or is Big Al's on a side street, out of prying eyes of traffic cops? Does anyone know?
This is important (to know) isn't it?

JB
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 07:17:03 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 07:59:28 PM »
 quote boyfriend:

"I should've been there. I should've waited longer around there. I should've tried harder to skim up and down that road," he said.

Campbell said he didn't go directly to the club to pick her up because his car inspection is out of date.

"I can't drive after midnight, and I did have a couple drinks and I was tired. You know, I wasn't preparing myself for a situation like this," he said.

unquote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, lets see. He was not to drive after midnite(why?) I don't know Nova Scotias laws. Is it because he did not have a car inspection done?
Yet it was okay to drive after midnite to Al's convenience store, which also looks like a main road as well. (Perhaps police hang around Doolie's checking drivers?) 

I get the feeling that he was nervous even driving after midnite, and didn't want to hang around Big Al's too long either.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I am buying into his reason.  He may have lost his lisence in the past, and was just getting it back, and since he also had a few drinks, and he was tired, he didn't want to be on the road for too long.-
I'll buy it!!

JB

ellash

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 08:09:16 PM »
In Nova Scotia as a new driver, you are not aloud to drive after midnight until you get your full drivers license.

ellash

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 08:32:48 PM »
I'm not sure if you are from Nova Scotia or not but NG is not a very happening place. It is a very small town where everybody knows everybody, including everybody's business. In my opinion most of the people at Dooley's probably knew each other, or knew somebody who knew somebody. Although I don't live in NG, I live close enough to know that if I were to go to Dooley's in NG, people would notice that I was a new face. In other words, people knew Amber!
At the same time, I have been one of the many people who have been drugged at a bar in Halifax, NS after being out with friends. Thankfully, my friends were there and I was safe even though my behavior was very out of character after having had the drink. I wonder could this have happened to Amber? Did anyone notice if she was acting abnormal in anyway or has there been any indication if she was given a lot of drinks. After reading somethingfishing's comment, I started thinking that if someone were to abduct Amber after being at Dooley's they might be on camera buying her drinks. I really hope this is something the police are looking at.

So as I mentioned about NG, not a lot of people would be out driving that late, which is why it was probably an issue for the boyfriend to drive close to the club with his restrictions. In a place like NG, police are around to catch drinking and driving and will frequently put up road blocks. Anyone from NG would know they might run into a road block, which is why I find it strange that anyone would risk taking anyone in a place as small as NG.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 08:56:26 PM »
I think the girlfriend when asked what she thought happened to Amber, and her reply was "Well, it is obvious" could mean anything... or it could also mean the boyfriend.
Catakill, I just love the way that you were able to take his words and tear them apart,  revealing a possible killer of Amber.
Are there any camera's at Big Al's?  It being a small town, maybe not.  His car may have been captured there on camera.
If he was so protective of keeping his license, he would have told her to take a cab home, or get a ride home with one of her friends.
I think this boyfriend is on the radar list of a suspect for certain.  Now the police have to locate her.

JB

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 10:10:51 PM »
Folks, a side note on who I am and what I do.

I am a New Brunswick Search Manager who has been involved in SAR for 4-5years. I am also a Computer Technician, as well as a Provincial Enforcement Officer.( so yes I deal with criminals and interviews on a regular basis)

I post that as those that dont yet know me or my post wouldn't neccesarily know where I am coming from. I post opinions and facts not theories and am open to answering questions about my experiences. My intent is to neveroffend any other poster.

@catakil- just a note people have told me before, splitting your paragraphs up into segments will make an easier read that will get more views.

@jb- I'm sure you know from my prior posts I dont generally jump on a band wagon regarding who did what but i have to say i agree odds are that Ms. kirwan has met foul play. Personally my gut is not ruling out her live in Boy Friend but I have little fact to go on. Yes as you noted his "answers" could be legit but... Seeing him on the news tonight he didnt appear to be overly distraught. In saying that maybe he shows his emotions differently than i would however if I just lost the woman i was going to marry i would be bawling like a baby.

His point about meeting at the conveince store, makes sense because he shouldn't have been driving after midnight or after drinking and the cars inspection was due. Having worked in bars before I can gaurantee cops watch them. I worked a small town bar they were always at the nearest cross street if they weren't already tailing someone.

As i meantioned i have no fact to cast light upon him but my gut is raising red flags. I will however defend him on not remembering what he did minute for minute. None of you can tell me you could remember every detail. I've posted before when people were skeptical about how a family couldn't be sure if a pair of shoes belonged to a subject... Well I'm sorry I'm a trained Provincial Enforcement Officer... I cant telli you what pair of shoes my sister has and i am trained to watch detail and i do SAR and i know the importance of detail but still couldn't do it.

As for the questions about kidnappings and assaults. Nothing can be ruled out and that 10 minute distance is more than enough. Don't believe me see the NB Case File below:
 http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=3253.0

Gsar_Mbr
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:18:01 PM by GSAR_Mbr »

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 07:57:10 AM »
I live only about a 5-10 minute walk to Dooly's and I go to Big Al's on a daily basis to pick up milk for my kids.  It's just down the road and around the corner from my house.  It makes me shiver.  The place is so open.  The objects found, which appear to be shoes were found around the Elk's Gentlemans' club, which is a place men go to hang out and drink and stuff, but I don't think it was open at that time of the day.  I find it amazing that just nobody saw anything, but it only takes a second for someone to grab someone and throw them in a van, etc.  Something else I don't know if people thought of, today is garbage day.....and it makes me wonder if she could (God forbid) be in a dumpster or green bin...sorry for sounding morbid here, but let's face it, that stuff happens.  My heart is going out to her mother, and being a mother, I can only imagine what the family is going through....looking at that empty spot at the table at Thanksgiving....so heartbreaking.  At first I thought she may be pulling a prank for attention...but it's beyond that now...this stuff never really happens around here, and I hope for a happy ending for the family....but things are not looking good.  God Bless.

whispersoftly

• justice ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 08:01:04 AM »
I think it's fully plausible that a stranger did something to her, it happens.

I think it's fully plausible someone that knew her did something to her, it happens.

To assume only that the boyfriend did it is wrong, however to not assume is wrong as well.

to assume only that a stranger did it is wrong, however not to assume is wrong as well.

Quite a quandry isnt it? 

They need to find out where on security tapes she dissappeared and maybe start there, the only other thing left to do is keep your ears 'to the ground' and search,search search....woods and old abandoned buildings as well as along the highways in and out of NG.....

natesgirl1977

• "Every contact leaves a trace." Edmond Locard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 08:18:47 AM »
Wow, a lot of lies in here. You guys need to brush up on your facts a bit before attempting to dilute other's minds with your on personal perceptions.

Lesson 1:
Mason wasn't raised by his godmother. (where you thought that is absolutely ridiculous)

Lesson 2:
The cops questioned Mason to have these RUMOUR starters shut their mouths. Mason was on camera driving towards Big Al's, pulling in at Big Al's and waiting. The cops are diligently working with Mason to find Amber, he is given all information from them as well. Something they wouldn't do for a suspect.

Lesson 3:
Mason is running on NO SLEEP and NO FOOD and is more than worried and is absolutely distraught due to this very very tumultuous situation that is before us.  He is the one that is out at all hours with Police and SAR helping and giving up ALL INFORMATION needed to help find her.

Lesson 4:
Just in the past 3 months, 11 and I repeat 11!!!!! Sexual offenders were released from jail within a 20 mile radius of Dooly's New Glasgow as per the Police. So take that info and shove

So to Chills who thinks that Mason has a chip on his shoulder and is suffering from little man syndrome, it's time to suck back and reload and realize that talk is cheap. You need to brush up on facts before you go off on a spiel and try to encrypt minds with your complete and utter blasphemous mindset.

I've been out there everyday searching, getting posters, getting donations. I know what's been found, I know where the progress is and the cops are "FAR FROM CLUELESS" (their words not mine)

So instead of coming in here and shooting off, get out there and look instead of pretending you are concerned. I traveled over 6 hours to be here, what did you do?

Can you tell me how you know that 11 offenders have been released in the New Glasgow area?  I am a mom of 2 small children at home and this news is rather upsetting to me.....

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 08:37:52 AM »
Wow, a lot of lies in here. You guys need to brush up on your facts a bit before attempting to dilute other's minds with your on personal perceptions.

Lesson 1:
Mason wasn't raised by his godmother. (where you thought that is absolutely ridiculous)

Lesson 2:
The cops questioned Mason to have these RUMOUR starters shut their mouths. Mason was on camera driving towards Big Al's, pulling in at Big Al's and waiting. The cops are diligently working with Mason to find Amber, he is given all information from them as well. Something they wouldn't do for a suspect.

Lesson 3:
Mason is running on NO SLEEP and NO FOOD and is more than worried and is absolutely distraught due to this very very tumultuous situation that is before us.  He is the one that is out at all hours with Police and SAR helping and giving up ALL INFORMATION needed to help find her.

Lesson 4:
Just in the past 3 months, 11 and I repeat 11!!!!! Sexual offenders were released from jail within a 20 mile radius of Dooly's New Glasgow as per the Police. So take that info and shove

So to Chills who thinks that Mason has a chip on his shoulder and is suffering from little man syndrome, it's time to suck back and reload and realize that talk is cheap. You need to brush up on facts before you go off on a spiel and try to encrypt minds with your complete and utter blasphemous mindset.

I've been out there everyday searching, getting posters, getting donations. I know what's been found, I know where the progress is and the cops are "FAR FROM CLUELESS" (their words not mine)

So instead of coming in here and shooting off, get out there and look instead of pretending you are concerned. I traveled over 6 hours to be here, what did you do?

Can you tell me how you know that 11 offenders have been released in the New Glasgow area?  I am a mom of 2 small children at home and this news is rather upsetting to me.....

As noted above I work with Police on a daily basis in NB and am a Provincial Enforcement Officer which gives me Peace Officer Status so essentially a cop except dealing with different laws. I couldn't tell you if my neighbor is a sex offender or not so I dont know how the poster somehow knows for a FACT that 11 sex offenders have been released in 3 months.

Also to my knowledge we have no system like that of the US but again if we did... There would only be more violence in our neighborhoods.

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 09:18:37 AM »
The NB case certainly proves you can drop off the face of the earth. She was abducted within 2 minutes of leaving the mall. Dragged for 2 kilometers and nobody saw anything. But maybe they did and did not realize it. In that area of town it probably looked like a guy dragging his drunk girlfriend home. The police in that case should have gone door to door in that area considering lots of x-cons lived in the area. Most of the people living in that place were released from prison and they would never call police for anything. Instead the police kept assuming she left of her own accord but the ones that know her knew that would never happen. She is a fantastic Wife, Mother and Grandmother.

So the same thing could have happened to Amber only probably taken by car. We can all assume what could have happened but until the truth comes out we are just playing a guessing game. The first one suspected is always the spouse or partner.  It was such a short distance to Al's but it was also a shorter distance to the car of the NB lady.  It proves there are so many perverts out there just lying in wait for innocent victims.

Lets hope they find this young lady fast and bring her home safely.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2011, 10:50:58 AM »
I find it all very suspicious related to the boyfriend's story. Who saw him??? Why did he go home to his place and sleep without knowing where Amber was. If she told him to pick her up, how could he just dismiss that, it does not add up. And I don't care how much stress someone is under, you can basically remember what you did. You would make a list of names of who to call. He never once said or pleaded to the public for Amber's return. If he thought someone had her, why not plead to this unknown individual to release her.

If Mason was drinking at home that night, he may have been fuming and working himself into a fit of anger, because Amber was out enjoying herself. And possibly the whole thing blew up when he did pick her up. This is just something that could very well have happened.

And there was a poster that said there were a lot of people in the area that evening, at Big Al's convenience store and on the street after Dooley's closed. Somebody just had to see Amber walking to Big Al's. The only way someone could be taken so quickly is if there was a driver and someone took her. Other then that Amber got into a vehicle willingly.

But who saw Mason when he said he was waiting for Amber??? Those are questions if I was the police, that I would be asking. And how long did he supposedly wait for Amber. And why are her parents not out front and centre asking for the public's help in finding Amber? And would Amber pull a trick like this, I don't really think she would according to what friends say. I think something very bad happened to Amber.  :o :o :o :o :o :o

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2011, 11:12:36 AM »
Capeheart I believe there is a picture of the girls and 1 guy taken before they left for Doolys. Also someone said the video from Doolys shows her leaving and heading towards Al's. Also was stated the video from Al's shows her boyfriend there but there is no video of her showing up there.
So she could have been taken enroute.  I agree that most cases the person knows the abductor.

Chills

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 12:40:07 PM »

Point 2
Mason himself said / posted that HE got the call.
Point 3:

Yes I noticed that he brought up how he has been sleeping very little , understandable , it was the way he said it though that caught my eye. It is gone now because when the NG New updates they remove the old unfortunately but it was his choice of words , again, that has struck myself and others that read it as odd. bringing up that he didn't really have total recall of all he'd already said etc. It was strange. Not saying anyone would remember everything, but there is just something about the way he talk about things. Call it a hunch. He certainly had no regard for how the police operate when Amber was first missing as was shown in his own words. Just because the Needs store may not have turned out to be a real lead. Mason DID make that post and those are his exact words copied & pasted from the FB page prior to them being removed. There was a SAR member online at the time that can verify that if needed.

" I've been out there everyday searching, getting posters, getting donations. I know what's been found, I know where the progress is and the cops are "FAR FROM CLUELESS" (their words not mine) "
This aspect of things also bothers me, lots of civilians who are friends with the people involved in this case, close friends, had / have been give were given free access to a lot of the information gathered & videos. Especially in the beginning. All you need to do is look at the posters the police are still allowing to be posted around town with the boyfriends cell number as the contact number, not the police number, but HIS cell number. Drive around town people if you don't believe me look at the posters with the grad pic of Amber, now look at the 301- **** number. Guess who's that is ? I'm sure by now its tapped but what about those first few crucial hours ? Why did Ambers friends feel the need to put Mason's number instead of the police on those posters ? Why not both if they felt his HAD to be there at all ?  :o   
I know I know, your going to say because they are kids or something right ? But did you read all the negative they were saying on Sat night about the local police ? Some of us did. Your going to bring up the 24 hour thing I imagine, I still don't know if that is true in NS is it? Anyone verify ? Anyway the police number could still have been on those posters as well and later when all these other posters were going up...perhaps those should have come down. As I see them all over the place side by side usually.

Now imagine being a youth in this small area and you might know something but all the posters you see going up on Sunday have Mason and his Moms
 ( correct me if I'm wrong on the second number, it was someone's family member, NOT the police ) what does that say to you ???
What if you don't like Mason, not everyone does, no matter what some would like you to believe. Do you really call him with the info ?? I feel the RCMP major crimes unit should have been called in from the beginning ,but thats just my opinion. I think our police did a their job but let things get a little out of control at times. Now important evidence may be lost for good. Hopefully not. Will keep praying for Amber

And just an FYI, I too was out looking. I was even at the North end rec to get some of those posters you had donated. Not the ones with Mason's number.  ;) But I am not a kid that has to go along like a lamb and agree with everything. I'm entitled to my opinions. If I feel someone harmed her I will say it, even if I feel was her boyfriend , I don't hang out with your that crowd so I am not wearing blinders. I hope I'm wrong, I really do...I'd hate to think that the person she must have cared about and trusted was the person to turn on her, to harm her.  :'( 
[/color]

EDITED TO A SMALLER SIZE.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 02:33:34 PM by Chills »