Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1028517 times)

HollyP

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #915 on: October 21, 2011, 11:46:38 AM »
I think your right pc (that the video ended) if they can confirm the shoe they found to be hers it was only about 20 feet from where she moves out of the camera. You would think that car would have at least seen something? Maybe they already talked to whoever owns the car though.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 21, 2011, 11:47:18 AM »
The video seems to stop.....start again with No lights, no Amber.......edited???

Do you see that?

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 21, 2011, 11:47:40 AM »
jobo ...you didn't at all come across negative.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 21, 2011, 11:50:34 AM »
I'll watch again jobo ...I didn't notice before

HollyP

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 21, 2011, 11:52:38 AM »
Understandable, when club time is over the main thing the Cops are probably concerned with is impaired driving and fights...I didn't mean to come across as negative to the Cops, if I did.   Seems to me they are going non-stop.  I am sure they all want the truth too.

Holly, I tend to think the opposite, I think there will be more answers by next week.

Jobo, I don't know what to think. I really don't get any of it. Probably because I don't have all the facts though. I really thought that they knew where the investigation was going by now. Does the release of the tape mean they have no idea? Or that they need more evidence? They are still saying it is a missing persons case though. So does that mean they don't have any evidence to say that it is anything other than that? Very confusing and scary. I just want my kids to feel safe again. :'(

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 21, 2011, 11:53:30 AM »
Oh my what a chilling picture. It looks like a black car turned up right behind her. They said earlier  that the bf was at doolys in a black car at 1am. The police were right there as well. Oh my how she went missing in such a short time frame. I guess police cars don't all have video equipment in them  Too bad because their camera would have shown all the way up that street.
Looks like she might have gotten in a car willingly or grabbed and lost her shoe maybe? If that was the case there had to be more than 1 person.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 21, 2011, 11:54:58 AM »
There is a reason the police wanted the public to see this video. Why?

maybe they are hoping someone see's that car at teh end of the video? Did that car stop and talk to Amber briefly before turning? I don't know.

BUt I do suspect the police are hoping someone out there is able to confirm something they already know or something like that.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 21, 2011, 11:55:21 AM »
To me it seems to just come to a stop. ...but I am not good at these things. My hubby does all kinds of work with video ....he'll be back soon and watch the video. I did notice her feet look light colored ....is that just me or the lighting in the video?

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 21, 2011, 11:57:44 AM »
The video seems to stop.....start again with No lights, no Amber.......edited???

Do you see that?

What I see with the lights is two possibilities:

a.) That car is stopping beside the walking female, whom we are assuming is Amber.. technically I couldnt tell till I watched it a second time who I thought might be her. When I come off a stop or a yield my foot is on the gas not the brakes and this car was on the brakes.

b.) this car may have spotted the PC and been nervous and for that reason had their foot on the brakes.

The disappearing act as far as I can tell is not an edit but infact is the video dropping back to a frame in the middle of the video as the Taxi behind the PC dissapears as well.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 21, 2011, 11:58:18 AM »
True Chris and my eyes are hurting I am looking so hard. Good thing it is a police car on the other side and we only have one vehicle to focus on.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 21, 2011, 11:59:51 AM »
Oh my what a chilling picture. It looks like a black car turned up right behind her. They said earlier  that the bf was at doolys in a black car at 1am. The police were right there as well. Oh my how she went missing in such a short time frame. I guess police cars don't all have video equipment in them  Too bad because their camera would have shown all the way up that street.
Looks like she might have gotten in a car willingly or grabbed and lost her shoe maybe? If that was the case there had to be more than 1 person.

The police car may have had a dash cam however the cameras only have about an hour of memory in them so every half hour 30 minutes of data gets written over. Give or take I forget what the roll over rate is on them but it is either half hour or hour and Amber was reported missing well after that cars camera would have over written.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 21, 2011, 12:01:55 PM »
GSAR_Mbr  .....good observations and thoughts ....I did notice the car come around the corner quick so maybe it did break due to ploice.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 21, 2011, 12:04:06 PM »
Well fromPC...I thought the same about the light colour feet, but I don't profess to know for sure....we need a consensus.  Maybe Amber's shoes are of the material that would pick up light?

Perhaps all the young people in the Video have not been spoken to yet by the Cops, and by releasing it those kids might see themself, and come forward....or what you say Chris.

Thanks for some clarification on the video!

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 21, 2011, 12:08:31 PM »
Something else I just realized .....the police car can not turn left there (no left turn any more) so that means it continued with Amber up the street until it can take the turn back through town or went straight towards Trenton .....so that really cuts down the area and time Amber could have been taken. I am sure it would not have been done right infront of police.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 21, 2011, 12:10:05 PM »
GSAR_Mbr  .....good observations and thoughts ....I did notice the car come around the corner quick so maybe it did break due to ploice.

Amber also drops out of frame... could be the car called out to her and she kept going when recognizing the driver OR simply a cross walk off frame. The car speeding up plays both theories cause it could have ripped off the stop to catch up to Amber too.