Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1028948 times)

fromPC

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #900 on: October 21, 2011, 11:18:04 AM »
TY for the update .......to bad we couldn't see the whole video. Someone may recognize a vehicle or something, but it is hard to see detail.

ng.guy

• View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 21, 2011, 11:18:36 AM »
I edited my post, video is now posted.

HollyP

• View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 21, 2011, 11:20:39 AM »
Video released by police of Amber leaving Doolys. 

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-21/video-2783615/Police-release-surveillance-video-of-Kirwan/1

almost exactly after she crosses the street a car turns to follow. There is a police car kitty corner, but if she got into the car willingly, they would not pay any attention...

Thanks again. Very errie.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 21, 2011, 11:22:11 AM »
Video released by police of Amber leaving Doolys.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-21/article-2783615/Police-release-surveillance-video-of-Kirwan/1

I was really hoping that any tips they had received so far would have led them to this young lady.  This is more disturbing to me....the fact that the police were RIGHT there.  They should have released the video from Big Al's in conjunction to this.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 21, 2011, 11:23:35 AM »
OMG ......my heart is breaking ....actually crying. Please tell me that was not a poice car to the left?? If it was ....soooo close to her ..OMG!!

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 21, 2011, 11:24:24 AM »
Police car I mean ......

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 21, 2011, 11:24:54 AM »
You know, seeing that video has me changing my tune on my previous belief that we do not need to be a nation on camera much like the UK.

I travel to Scotland every other month for work and sometimes spend quite a bit of time in the central part of the country, in a town about the size of Antigonish. There is virtually nowhere you can go in the main areas of that town where you are not on camera at some point and these cameras are not owned/manned by shop owners/business people, they are monitored and run by the police. In larger cities, especially in bar districts, there is even more camera coverage and they have been instrumental in catching some pretty high profile criminals.

I know for a fact that my walk from my favourite pub to the flat I stay in is covered about 90% by cameras and there is a route I could take where I'd be covered 100%.

While cameras might not prevent an incident from occurring they most certainly would offer more information.

Nish

HollyP

• View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 21, 2011, 11:25:02 AM »
I had a feeling that the leads they were following may have been tips from rumours. I think they are stumped at this point without any hard evidence. I agree it is disturbing.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 21, 2011, 11:29:21 AM »
It does seem like Amber was walking with purpose, not dilly-dallying along.  And it does look like she says a quick good night to friends.
 Once the car comes into the video we lose track of Amber....(but that does not mean that car had anything to do with her disappearance,) the video seems to stop and then when it starts up again we just see no one....not even the car taillights.   
I think the video was edited.

You young ones with the young eyes, does it look to you that Amber is wearing black shoes?   Does it look like the car had brakes on?  Or can you tell?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 21, 2011, 11:32:23 AM »
It is sad the Police car was that close, but they would probably be more interested in the group mulling out front of Dooleys.

This might be a good learning lesson for Police to actually take a closer look at the lone person leaving....especially a female.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 21, 2011, 11:33:11 AM »
TY again NGguy ....

HollyP

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 21, 2011, 11:35:16 AM »

She does have dark shoes on. Black/navy blue can't say for sure. Her missing person poster says she was wearing black flats. The car break lights did come on. (but there is a yeild sign for traffic coming around that corner so that could explain the break lights.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 21, 2011, 11:39:14 AM »
I can imagine it would be so very hard for them to watch everything. Yes, the club would have been the priority. I can just imagine how terrible the officers felt when they first saw this video. With all the drinking and driving that goes on I am sure someone walking may not be at the top of their priority ....not to mention the fights that break out when club time is over.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 21, 2011, 11:44:16 AM »
Understandable, when club time is over the main thing the Cops are probably concerned with is impaired driving and fights...I didn't mean to come across as negative to the Cops, if I did.   Seems to me they are going non-stop.  I am sure they all want the truth too.

Holly, I tend to think the opposite, I think there will be more answers by next week. 

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 21, 2011, 11:44:33 AM »
It looks as though the car stopped, but I think it's the video itself coming to a stop.