Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1028900 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #885 on: October 21, 2011, 07:49:38 AM »
This forum is not about arguing. People come on to give opinions of what may have happened. I have never seen so many comments on a thread in so few days. We are now up to 72 pages and a lot of it is bickering between certain individuals. This is not what this site is about. And most of you are new and have never been here. Some of us are here for four years and we are interested in getting justice for the victim. That is all this is about. It is not to dump on someone else's opinion. Feel free to give an opinion, but accept someone else's. That is all I have to say about that. We just want Amber found, we want justice for Amber. We want to know where Amber is and that the person responsible is in handcuffs, that is all we want. So we are all working to the same solution. Prayers once again for those who are working so hard to find Amber. :o :o :o :o :o :o

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 21, 2011, 07:51:14 AM »
Capeheart .....remember at the very beginning of Amber missing, there was a fake police web page. On that page it stated Amber was seen at the Needs store with the man..... I read it myself. Not sure when Mason had it on his FB but if he saw it on that fake web page he may have tought it was true and deleted it off his FB when he found out it was a fake site.  Just I thought .....

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 21, 2011, 07:54:26 AM »
fromPC, yes, that could be. But someone deleted it from this thread and the only one that can do that is our administrator or the person who posted it. ;) ;) ;)

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 21, 2011, 07:58:47 AM »
capeheart ....sorry the post re: FB and the Needs store was for you

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 21, 2011, 08:00:23 AM »
LOL .....I mean the post was for catakil.  I mst be very tired today ...

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 21, 2011, 08:04:40 AM »
catakil ...there are many good folks in PC. They certainly pull tongether during times like this.

I think I will be going to get a new keyboard this one has pop on it and buttons ar stickig very annoing to see the letters not showing up.

fromPC

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 21, 2011, 08:12:26 AM »
I did har the police know .....however the stated in an article they would be loking into it but focusing on Amber at this pont.

Gong to ge a new kyboard ......back later

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 21, 2011, 08:16:19 AM »
I am going to try, very carefully, to point out the flaws that I see in this statement.

Now...if the person people suspected of Ambers disappearance were some pervert from Alberta I'm sure many of you nay sayers would be on the "hang him high" bandwagon.

Speaking only for myself, no I would not.

Don't you realize that you are emotionally charged and are not being reasonable?

One could ask you the same question. I haven't allowed emotion to come into play as of yet and likely won't, I have nothing invested in this but interest.

Instead, whenever one person makes one sentence where they refer to a fact that could possibly infer that Ambers boyfriend may be involved you get all defensive and rip what is said apart. That is so obvious throughout this whole thread, right from the beginning.

That is called debate. I've said it numerous times: I do not enjoy the way some of the posts have come across and chose to debate such. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Nish

Edited for clarity
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:23:46 AM by Nish »

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 21, 2011, 08:24:34 AM »
Gong to ge a new kyboard ......back later

Get a Mac. I am a recent convert and life is soooooo much easier.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 21, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »
Hi Folks,

I am sure this must be hard on this town and the people who know the girl or her boyfriend. I hope we can hold our judgment on what happened at this time.

The police are not warning the public to be vigilant, which means they probably already know what happened and are convinced of it.

Searching the vehicle of the BF may have just been routine, it may not have. No one knows thus far.

But I think almost all of us agree, the police are working on this, seem to have evidence and a working theory and we should all know in short order as I feel they will make an arrest, or if not, make a statement with more details.

It is difficult for the mods here to keep having to deal with angry people, even if they end up being right, I hope y'all can appreciate that. Thanks.

I have quoted Chris's (admin, for those of you that are unaware) post above regarding this thread.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 21, 2011, 09:38:43 AM »
This forum has certainly gotten boring. You can't say anything before someone jumps all over your post. Nothing is being said as slander, just trying to put together what happened to Amber. Someone commented that they found black shoes. Well just look at the picture in the paper and you can see its a black shoe. Time to relax here and stop being so critical over every post.

I think it's pretty clear to most that have been posting here, what is not allowed. That would be naming someone who has not been found guilty of anything.

Trying to figure things out is alright. We are all intelligent enough to understand that some of it is speculation. Most times a poster will say 'they wonder if something could have happened". We do not want to curb all the ideas that people have, or their desire to speak at all.

In the beginning of this thread some posts that were hateful, or had crossed the line of what is allowed, were removed. That type of posting has pretty much stopped, and things have become a lot calmer on this thread.

If someone crosses the line in a post admin will let them know.

I have re-posted one of my own posts regarding this thread. I am also admin, for those of you that are unaware. 

This thread will not be permitted to deteriorate into an argument.

HollyP

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 21, 2011, 11:10:09 AM »
There was just a news release related to the case. "The police have released the video of 19 year old Amber Kirwan Leaving Dooely's  headed toward big Al's" They are hoping this will generate new leads.

ng.guy

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 21, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:17:54 AM by ng.guy »

ng.guy

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 21, 2011, 11:16:43 AM »
Video released by police of Amber leaving Doolys. 

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-21/video-2783615/Police-release-surveillance-video-of-Kirwan/1

almost exactly after she crosses the street a car turns to follow. There is a police car kitty corner, but if she got into the car willingly, they would not pay any attention...

does she start running after she crosses the street or is it just me?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:20:47 AM by ng.guy »

HollyP

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 21, 2011, 11:17:43 AM »
Thanks ng guy. Seeing her in that picture makes me sad :'( I think this is showing her walking toward the group of friends to tell them she was leaving.... I hope they show the entire video on the news tonight.