Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1028481 times)

D1

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #675 on: October 19, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »
I have been around posting on here for awhile as many others have. I have made assumptions and second guessed situations only to be proven wrong in the end. It's easy to fall into and tough to resist when it looks so clear in one's own mind. 

SAP

« Reply #676 on: October 19, 2011, 02:56:05 PM »
I have been around posting on here for awhile as many others have. I have made assumptions and second guessed situations only to be proven wrong in the end. It's easy to fall into and tough to resist when it looks so clear in one's own mind. 

Me too. My eyes have been opened these past few days and I hope I can remember what I have taken from these "lessons". :)

SAP

« Reply #677 on: October 19, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »
Truce here too Sap!

In the end, we're all just people who care about people. Even though we may not agree with each others ideas or the way things are being said I believe it's just because people are frustrated. This case is a particularly frustrating one and the ramifications of Ambers disappearance are significant. Let's all try to hold it together for each other, for the involved families and for the good folks of Pictou County.

ITA. I understand the frustration and I know it's not easy when this happens in a small community that is so close. The fears that go along with it. I do so hope you all have answers soon of what has happened to Amber. 

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 19, 2011, 03:04:18 PM »
from D1:
When emotions run high, it's hard to just be objective. Most of us posting on here are just regular people, we form opinions based on what we hear whether warranted or not, it's all being voiced, the good the bad and the ugly. The community wants action and the alternatives are frightening. The lynch mob mentality doesn't help though, the truth will come out, suspicion has led to warrants and only the evidence will lead to charges. It's being looked after, we don't have to repeat the same accusations over and over, it won't make any difference we all know whats up. 

Good points D1. It's the accusations and finger pointing that have caused the problems on here. I have said a number of times that in the end it will not matter what anyone thinks. The evidence will speak for itself.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 19, 2011, 03:16:16 PM »
Wondering if any one has an update on what areas are being searched to day,  as well as what the weather is like in that area for the search.  Let this be the day Amber is found.

teachlove

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 19, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »
jellybean:  Thank you  and  you are very welcome!  I am glad you appreciated my post.  :) 

kimvan

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 19, 2011, 03:36:57 PM »
eyeswideopen.....they are still searching in the water..Big Gut Bridge.  The weather for the next 24 hrs looks not favorable.  They are calling for upwards of 30+mm of rain and some wind to go along with it (gusts up to 70 here in Cape Breton) but the wind won't be that on the Mainland....not favorable searching conditions:(

teachlove

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 19, 2011, 03:47:22 PM »
eyeswideopen: weather for pictou county - rainfall warning... next 24 hours 50+ mm :(

SAP

« Reply #683 on: October 19, 2011, 03:48:21 PM »
jellybean:  Thank you  and  you are very welcome!  I am glad you appreciated my post.  :) 

I think there are many who have appreciated your post Teachlove. It's so very positive and we need that here. Thank you. :)

PleaseComeHome

• "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 19, 2011, 04:07:50 PM »
I hate to be Negative Nancy with all this wonderful positivity going around... but the drive for awareness certainly had a lot of screaming and profanity out of car windows. I want this girl to be found soon!! Of course I am worried about AK foremost, but I am also worried about the emotional state of the community (and especially her family and close friends). I know this has already been discussed but things are so tense.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:12:07 PM by PleaseComeHome »

SAP

« Reply #685 on: October 19, 2011, 04:13:10 PM »
I hate to be Negative Nancy with all this wonderful positivity going around... but the drive for awareness certainly had a lot of screaming and profanity out of car windows. I want this girl to be found soon!! Of course I am worried about AK foremost, but I am also worried about the emotional state of the community (and especially her family and close friends).

That screaming and profanity you mention ... at whom was that directed? What were the person's doing, those at whom the screaming was done to?

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 19, 2011, 04:17:41 PM »
thanks teach and kim for the update and weather forcast/
please not quite sure what your saying, are you saying they are jumping and screaming at citizens driving or a certain people in particular.  I am sure the strain is heard on everyone including the reg citizens.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 19, 2011, 04:29:11 PM »
Thanks Please.  Have things settled down then in the town somewhat?  What is your opinon.  Perhaps the nasty weather will keep more of the kids and general public inside.  Sad the weather is so bad for the searchers.

TruthandReconciliation

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 19, 2011, 04:43:22 PM »
 Hello,

This is my first time posting but I have followed the case very closely from the beginning. To begin, I was in the same year through high school as Amber, but was not close to her. I was at the "club" (it's Dooley's people, it's essentially a billiards hall that transforms into a bar with a dance floor, to keep the local young people entertained)  that night when she went missing. I remember seeing her, and I will  have that image etched into my mind for the rest  my life. I left at 2 am  (though I was out around 1 30 am smoking a cigarette and it was just as busy as it was at 2am and, no, I do not remember anything suspicious occurring at that time in the area of her disappearance). There were many people outside, with taxis and police in the vicinity. My friends and I walked to a house party that is a street up (Alexander Street) from the one where Big Al's is located. I was indeed inebriated. Thanksgiving is an important time for University aged people. This is because many people come home to the county to visit their families. It is very common for these people to want to visit their friends, so naturally on Saturday night (after spending a night with their families) many University attendants, as well as those who stayed in the county, go out and party on that night, as a sort of "reunion". My goal here is to give this forum the perspective of what the night was about, because frankly, I feel that many are not familiarized with young people (not "kids" as some people have been using). It is unfortunate but I feel that the situation that is occurring, such as the ridiculous parade idea, would not be the same if the University attendants did not have to leave the county. If  this demographic of young people were more involved in the response, though this is hard to do when you pay 15,000 a year and have to go off to school throughout the Maritimes or farther, that this whole mess would have been lessened or avoided, and that it would have been  more mature. The first night that she was recorded missing I met with others in a planned search for her. At this time I think nobody had any idea that she might possibly be murdered or abducted. Most of us believed that she may have gotten lost or injured on the way from Dooley's, as she was drinking (to note: I saw her close to the time she left and from my observations she did not look greatly inebriated), and we all genuinely wanted to help. I am most concerned with the well being of Amber and our first priority should be trying to find her, we can figure out the details of her disappearance later. I am not accusing, all I am doing is commenting on facts, though I feel Mr. Campbell is not making a good case for himself. I felt uneasy after he had said that a friend was with him the night she went missing recently, whereas from the first night there was no mention of this friend. Why was this not mentioned earlier? People have said that it was because of the investigation. I find that hard to believe, because why would that have anything to do with the case in the beginning? It was and still is a missing persons case. So what harm would there be saying you were with a friend. If it was because he had been drinking and the other illegality with his car, how would this affect that other person?  However, from the very beginning something seemed out of place. That is all I have to say about that. I feel that it is not warranted to label everybody, such as her friends or people her age as "kids" who are all a "mess". This is not fair. Many of us who are away and some of those who also reside still in the county, are greatly concerned with the happenings that occurred after she went missing (i.e. the "parade" and other things).  I am open to any criticism and opinions about any of my comments, as we live in a free society, where debate and free speech is not only valued but also encouraged. These are just my thoughts, and I hope that she is found soon. I can also try to answer any questions from other about the local area that you may have.

T&R

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 19, 2011, 04:56:20 PM »
Welcome, and nice interpretation of that weekend...can totally picture it!   I wish the aftermath was as carefree.

I am guilty; I have always used the word kids...always, even when referring to my own, and I am very sorry, Truth, but you won't be able to teach this old dog a new trick.  I grew up that way, and I am sorry if it offends you, but it is not intended. 

Did you get to see Amber walking away?