Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1028618 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #420 on: October 17, 2011, 04:36:05 PM »
Thanks for that link PC I was able to see that one.
I think the reason the police won't confirm is because although they need to do their jobs, and do them right in the event of any charges (thus legally with a search warrent), they are not yet accusing any one.  I believe they are trying to do their search with out interferance from any one, including the press.  Thus I believe they are not feeding the press.  I notice the officer who speaks is very clear to stay nutral and that they are checking all tips.  I believe they are being unbias and looking at all posibilitys which is a good thing.  Very often when police get tunnel vision and the person they target is proved inocent like with DNA they it is far to late for them to catch the real perp.  I think they are doing a good job.  Also my hat is off to the SAR teams helping in this search.  Remember folks they are volunteers giving their time.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 17, 2011, 04:43:49 PM »
I felt that they should have done that in the immediate hours after Amber went missing. I mean the BF is the one that said he went home and went to sleep, but who can verify that??? His apartment should have been looked over the very time Amber was reported missing.  Also, his car should have been taken for a look over also. I mean they must have felt he was not going to cooperate with them, because they would not have to have a warrant.If he agreed to let them do what they had to, then they would not need a warrant. Well if he's innocent and had nothing to do with Amber's disappearance, then this will clear him and if it's the opposite, the police will be making an arrest. Hoping the family does have answers soon.

And no, we don't think New Glasgow is any scarier then any other place. But at night, it does not matter what place you are in, if there is evil about it will turn up in the nicest places.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 17, 2011, 04:57:52 PM »
Cape if they searched his car or any car for that matter, with out a search warrent, what ever they found would not be admisable in court.  They are covering all bases by getting warrent that way if they do perchance find something it can be used in court.   I think at the beginning they believed she would be found.  Also you can't just GET a warrent, you have to convince a judge that you have probable cause to believe you may find evidence to a crime in the area the warrent is for, in this case the car.  I am sure a warrent to search the house will be next if they haven't already done that,  it would be a matter of elimination not absolutely because the supect her boyfriend but one more step to cover.  Water is a big part of Nova Scotia, so since it isn't looking good, my thought is any bodys of water near by need to be search, which they have already started doing.  Looks like the police and Rcmp are covering all bases.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 17, 2011, 04:58:25 PM »
Thanks Gsar,  I didn't know that.  So would four be normal, do you think or do you think they called in an extra one?

I can't say for NS I think for standard searches they still roll out 1 team then call in more as needed but remember this is a long time after and they are closed grid searching.

I would consider it normal personally.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 17, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »
Hags you are upset granted but think about some of these things.  The police cannot clear any one , evidence clears or proves guilt.  The police have no magical way of clearing any one time and investigation does that.  As for him going home and sleeping.  Well sorry but I think that is normal for that age, at that age all kids feel they and everyone the know are indispencable.  My twenty two year old and her boy friend fight and he doesn't stay up all night either if she doesnt come home,  he assumes she is with friends or with me.  The fact that he went home and went to sleep says perhaps he had a clear concence or he would not have been able to do that.  I know it is hard and the whole community is upset but don't draw and quarter any one until the police do there complete searches and find the answers.  Just imagine how you will feel if he is proved innocent.  Or imagine how his mother and family must feel with all the speculation.  As well I know Ambers family are going through hell but so is his, and the whole community.  Time will solve this.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 17, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
I agree with you Cape.  The police took a good number of days to check around her apartment, and to seize the bf car. Forensics will be going over it with a fine tooth comb. While the police are doing everything to locate Amber, if they cannot locate her, then what?
In my own opinion, they  are fairly confident that they are close to knowing with certainty,  who it is, The police said that during their searches they have found evidentiary evidence (of some kind.)
This is all so tragic.  This reminds me of the case of the mother from St. Johns Nfld. Anne Marie Shirran (?) Very similar. The facebook page, etc., I don't want to say anything more.
I don't think that MC's family should have to redeem themselves of anything.  MC's family should not be held accountable as to the disappearance of Amber.
JB

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:45:49 PM by jellybean »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 17, 2011, 05:08:49 PM »
eyeswideopen, they have searched a great deal of water in the surrounding area, but I don't think they came up with too much there. They had divers in the water and boats, but nothing was found. Somehow, I do not think that Amber is in the water. The community of New Glasgow, the police and searchers are doing the best they can. Hopefully the person responsible for this will come clean and give it up, tell the police where Amber is. Because you know, they are coming to get you and they will get you, so you might as well tell the police now and save the family members a lot of grief. It is just prolonging the inevitable, but the ending will be the same. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 17, 2011, 05:12:52 PM »
Jellybean, I know the case you are speaking of, very similar. The only thing different is she left the home after an argument and he said she went out for a walk. There are many cases such as this, similar. It seems like the police know more then we do at this time and a possibility they are closing in on a final conclusion here. :o :o :o :o :o

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 17, 2011, 05:19:50 PM »
Cape if they searched his car or any car for that matter, with out a search warrent, what ever they found would not be admisable in court.  They are covering all bases by getting warrent that way if they do perchance find something it can be used in court.   I think at the beginning they believed she would be found.  Also you can't just GET a warrent, you have to convince a judge that you have probable cause to believe you may find evidence to a crime in the area the warrent is for, in this case the car.  I am sure a warrent to search the house will be next if they haven't already done that,  it would be a matter of elimination not absolutely because the supect her boyfriend but one more step to cover.  Water is a big part of Nova Scotia, so since it isn't looking good, my thought is any bodys of water near by need to be search, which they have already started doing.  Looks like the police and Rcmp are covering all bases.

Have to correct you on part of this.... Evidence is still admissable with out a warrant as long as you have signed consent. However Police always go after a warrant because why would you walk up ask to search it get refused and then turn around and give the SOC time to ditch the evidence.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 17, 2011, 05:24:27 PM »
GSAR-mbr, yes, because if you did not have that search warrant, then while you were gone to get it, he could destroy evidence. And you would have no right to hold him or search or check anything. I am glad that things are being checked out with regard to the BF's vehicle. There should also be a search warrant for his apartment. If he's got nothing to hide, he should not mind them looking. :o :o :o :o :o

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 17, 2011, 05:24:56 PM »
I would imagine the only video at Big Al's would be inside the store. They don't have gas pumps so no need for one outside. I cannot see how she was abducted between Doolys and Big Al's. Its a 3 minute walk. I think the BF was seen inside the store but she wasn't so she could have just gotten in the car and they left. Something isn't sitting right. Now the police are searching near their apartment. I think they might have had an argument on the way to their place. Strange for him to say that he went home and went to bed instead of looking for her. He could have walked to Doolys and checked with her friends.  Instead she get reported missing some time the next day. Something is wrong because the only spot on that walk from Doolys you cant see is such a small area and according to the google map its a one way street so someone would have had to come up behind her. Just my opinion but as time goes on nothing is making any sense.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 17, 2011, 05:31:12 PM »
sad333, he may have gone back the way he came and went by Dooly's and went through the area which she was supposed to have walked. I had posted earlier on that I just could not understand that he just went home and went to bed, I'm not buying that story, sorry.If you had an argument earlier on in the evening and you went to pick someone up and they were not there, you would wonder what happened to them, especially when she just phoned him. I would be awfully worried if someone called me to pick them up and I could not find them at 1:30 in the morning and especially a girlfriend or boyfriend. And the fact that they lived together, that surely does not make sense. I have a lot of doubts related to the boyfriend. I hope I'm wrong, but it isn't adding up. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

frompcns

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 17, 2011, 05:38:52 PM »
Hi, never posted before but just waned to update that the abandoned paint factory that was searched earlier this week is on fire tonight....

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 17, 2011, 05:44:33 PM »
frompcns: OMG!! This cannot be coincidence??

JB

frompcns

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 17, 2011, 05:46:08 PM »
I think they had it under control fairly quickly