Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1034808 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #3705 on: June 11, 2016, 11:35:43 AM »
What a waste of time and money on this sick killer.

Hopefully his request to appeal to the Supreme Court will be denied.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: June 12, 2016, 04:18:45 PM »
I really would like to know "who is paying for his lawyer, who is paying for this appeal", he has no money. It is absolutely his ability to keep his face in the news, those type of people want to be noticed. They have to do all this to shock the public, to get tongues wagging about him again. Lock him up, throw away the key and never mention the monster's name again.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: June 13, 2016, 10:07:46 AM »
I suspect it is Legal Aid, Cape.  Yet so many individuals with legitimate cases have their applications denied.  It seems very unfair.

It has to be extremely difficult for Amber's family going through this time and again.  I don't expect the Supreme Court will agree to hear his case but it's still always there nagging in the background.

I've always believed they should have thrown away the key after his first murder, too.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: June 17, 2016, 04:26:04 PM »
RubyRose, I totally agree. I know that these sociopaths like to relive their crimes. They want to feel like they are committing the crime again, they play it over in their minds like a movie. That is why the monster in Ontario also wants a new trial, he states his reasons is because of the witness who testified against him in Tori Stafford's horrific murder. They constantly want to relive the crime, get in the news again and be front and center at the courthouse. But the news reporters shouldn't even bother mentioning it, unless it has been agreed to. We don't give a rat's ass what these monsters are looking for, if they get it, then we'll know, until then we don't give a damn about them. Let them rot where they are and we don't want to hear their names mentioned. It is like the terrorists, they want to have their names all over the news, but if you notice, the news reports are commenting 90% of the time "the killer", so that is what these vermin are, killers.   :( :( :( :( :( :(

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: October 06, 2016, 11:56:39 AM »
Supreme Court of Canada refuses to hear killer Christopher Falconer's appeal
Falconer serving life sentence for 1st-degree murder in the death of Amber Kirwan

By Blair Rhodes, CBC News  Posted: Oct 06, 2016 11:37 AM AT| Last Updated: Oct 06, 2016 11:59 AM AT

The Supreme Court of Canada has denied an appeal request from convicted killer Christopher Falconer, who is serving a life sentence in prison for the murder of Amber Kirwan.

Falconer was convicted of first-degree murder by a jury in January 2014. Falconer has to serve at least 25 years in prison before he can apply for parole.

Kirwan's body was found in a shallow grave in Heathbell, Pictou County, in October 2011. She had been missing for about a month.

Kirwan's father, Donnie Kirwan, told CBC News Thursday that the decision by the Supreme Court not to hear Falconer's appeal was "a relief".

"We really didn't want to go through that again," he said. He declined further comment.

Falconer appealed his conviction on the grounds that certain evidence introduced at his three-week trial should have been subject to a voir dire, arguments held without the jury being present.

Falconer had already lost before the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal.

As usual in such cases, the Supreme Court gave no explanation for its decision not to hear Falconer's case.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/christopher-falconer-amber-kirwan-supreme-court-canada-1.3793849

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: October 06, 2016, 12:39:06 PM »
Thank you, debbie.    Hopefully this sad case has finally reached the end.  I doubt there can ever be any real peace for Amber's family and friends but at least now there should be no further appeals hanging over their heads.