Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1021461 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 12:49:49 PM »
Hi Chills,

Well, I'm sure no one will miss that post. Even if you hadn't made it the size of a poster it would have been read, as many are following this case. Please keep in mind that that everyone here is entitled to their own opinion, just as you expect to be.

Some here think that Amber's boyfriend had something to do with her disappearance, and some do not. Until Amber is found anything is possible.

whispersoftly

• justice ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »
I don't understand why donations to her family AND boyfriend are requested /required at this time ? Several companies are printing posters, Advocate, Staples etc and more will likely step up now that the RCMP are involved. So what is the funding for ??  Just wondering.

i find that happens quite a bit when someone goes missing, I often think funds are raised because of having to take time off of work to search,wait by the phone etc...So money can come in handy to buy groceries,pay bills, or generally down the road hire a private investigator or pay for any medical issue that could come up as a result of her being found alive....or the costs associated with the worst case scenario..funeral costs etc.... I guess people feel the need to help in anyway they can and donating money is one the mass public can do.

Chills

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 01:35:24 PM »
Ahhh...OK...I see now. Thanks.

whispersoftly

• justice ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 01:38:31 PM »
there certainly are many people viewing this thread today, let's hope if someone knows something of her whereabouts/what happened they make it known somehow.

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 01:42:05 PM »
I still find it strange that the parents have not be shown or heard from at all.  If someone has her it might give her strength to see people worried about her like in the NB case her daughters and husband gave her strength to get through this.
Not always the case especially with Penny Boudreau crying on TV asking her daughter to come home and knowing all along that she had murdered her.

But if she is held captive just seeing people on tv asking for information might help her. Most abductors will have the news on at some point. Just my opinion because if it was my daughter I would be on tv keeping people searching and keep the story on the news. I haven't seen much of in the national news.

Chills

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011, 02:18:47 PM »
I hope Amber is found alive. If that turn out not to be the case then I hope the evidence is solid enough to lead the police to whom ever harmed her. I hate the cases where the police come on saying the evidence has been compromised or that it was too late to find good evidence and the persons responsible are never found out.

I spoke earlier of my feeling that her BF may have been involved . As an adult I admit that was a gut reaction as a parent written in the early AM. My child is older and lives away but still something about this case hit home. I have seen this Mason a couple of times in person and did not care for him.  Perhaps that was just a reaction as a dad. I know others who know him and have had negative dealings but thats a far cry from hurting your girlfriend I guess. I was upset when I wrote my earlier post. It seems to me like the kids are hiding something , or maybe just scared to speak up and I was imagining how things must be from her parents viewpoint. Frustrating. Who do you believe ??

Maybe she was intoxicated or drugged , there are different versions of this going around too. There is the story of her being in the bathroom crying & upset just before leaving. While I know its just hearsay, it could also be true. Maybe she had an argument with her BF or a girl friend, add in too much booze and who knows. If she is found gone could it maybe have been accidental ? First reports said staggering from bar. Then those got changed to no, only one drink over the next few days, which is it ?? Or more likely somewhere in the middle ? The pic of her at their apartment before going out certainly looks like more than one drink. Add in a few more drinks over the next few hours ?? Will the story get changed back ??

These are just the ponderings of a parent who sees things a little differently than the youths close to Amber.
Praying for her return.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2011, 02:58:06 PM »
If she was upset and crying in the bathroom before she left, that is surely a red flag that something was wrong. Did anyone see her besides the girls when she left their company?? She may have gotten into a car willingly with someone else whom she trusted. If someone offered her a drive, maybe she did get in another vehicle. I still am looking at the BF. Was the residence where they lived checked out??? I would imagine the police would go there and check it out. He has been questioned, according to a poster. It just doesn't sound good to me.

And I also don't believe that anyone should be collecting money in this case. If the BF needs food, he can certainly go to his parents or the food bank. Also the churches are very good to help people. But to go out there and ask for money to be donated, I don't agree. Any funds should be given to the Search and Rescue or donated to the Fire Department, they are the ones who deserve the funds.

I wonder if the police have checked any camping grounds or provincial parks that are close to New Glasgow. There must be park areas that people would drive to within a short distance New Glasgow.   :o :o :o :o :o

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2011, 04:58:06 PM »
Seeking Answers, those are questions I had already posted earlier. Never did get anything confirmed on how long the BF waited or how long he was getting there after, it was noted a ten minute period. What I would really like to know is, WHO SAW AMBER AFTER SHE LEFT HER FRIENDS????? Did anyone come forward and say they noticed her walking. If not, she may have gotten into a vehicle willingly. With so many people around, it is unusual nobody saw Amber. People do stupid things when they are under the influence of alcohol. And it was noted that she was upset over something, that she was seen crying in a washroom. So maybe she was afraid of someone or maybe she was going to meet someone, it is darned hard to figure out just how people disappear off the face of the earth, with so many people about. Did anybody hear someone scream or did they see someone speed away or was there anything at all out of the ordinary.

I would also mention, if someone knows someone that is not acting their usual personality, drinking more or smoking more or seems agitated, that indivdual may know what has happened to Amber. Just some thing that people should take note of. WHERE IS AMBER?????

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2011, 05:10:45 PM »
Lots of questions and very few answers. I don't know of one teenager that would ever leave home without their cell phone. That part never made any sense. Everyone has their cell phone and mostly put it in their pocket. Strange because if she still had it they could trace her with it. The BF said she left it home with her purse and only took money and a couple of cards. Not making any sense at all.

oceansalt

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2011, 05:12:41 PM »
there is a dark area on the right side of Dooleys going towards Big Als where a screaming girl would not attract attention. After all there is alot of noise around a bar at close to closing. I agree Mason is a little "Different" however he did look interviewers on tv in the eye. I am sure I would be a little "different" if I had a loved one missing as well. It does seem odd that he went home and went to bed though unless he and Amber were fighting because she wanted to go out with the girls.

oceansalt

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 05:14:05 PM »
I believe she left her cell phone home so the boyfriend could have it if he went out so she could reach him

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2011, 05:29:23 PM »
I would imagine the BF has his own cellphone. He did say she left it home with her purse and just took cash and cards. The crowd she was with left her apartment. There is a picture somewhere showing them ready to go out. He wasn't in the picture so maybe he was already out somewhere. Still find it hard to think of a teen without her phone.
Walking on the google map its a very short distance from Doolys to Als. Up the street on Provost you can actually see Doolys and Als from one spot so something must have happend in the first 3 or 4 minutes. She was on video leaving Doolys and heading towards Al's.

Blair Hibbs

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2011, 06:24:18 PM »
There are "quite" a few "guests" watching this thread almost all the time...Please from a son who's Mom was Murdered and the body never found (yet) Please if you know anything even if you think its nothing or you do not want to get involved, Please reach out write it here, call crime stoppers, the Police but NOW is the time as time is critical......I pray you will come forth .....It could happen to you or yours....what would you want if that were the case???
Blair Hibbs

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2011, 06:34:15 PM »
Investigations, I have learned usually begins with the last person to see her, and then extends to the bf in this case, then the  inner circle of acquaintances, and extends outwards from there.

I will certainly go back and look at any videos that I can find of this young man making an appeal.  I have not been able to locate any facebook link, of which everyone is concerned about.  Would anyone care to give the link?

Early on, I had asked about the traffic laws, re the young man wanted to avoid Dooleys, because he was not allowed to drive after midnite. That made sense to me. He may have taken sideroads to get to Big Al's to avoid being stopped by the police.  This is very common with alot of drivers who have their reasons to avoid being stopped, and this includes adults as well.

If he truly was captured on camera at Big Al's then he did not make THAT UP, so that is one truth that he gave.  The fact that he is unlikeable to some, does not a killer make. At the moment, public opinion has found him guilty.   
All of the points made by the Sgt makes sense (possibly a jealousy factor there by the boyfriend)

Sometimes a young man in order  to save face, will say, well I let her go out on her own to be with friends, when in actual fact, a woman could very well - say I am going out with friends when ever I want to, whether you like it or not!! The fact that he said that "We were meant for each other", tells me that he NEEDS HER, more than SHE NEEDS HIM.
One thing truly concerns me here.  If it is true that the police have him in their vehicle driving around with him to search for her, does not bode well for him.

Police have been known to take their suspect  into their confidence, and buddy them up, with hopes that he may "slip".

Perhaps her parents have not made an appeal for her safe return, as they are too upset.  I would not be surprised to learn however,  that  her parents did not approve of her living with this fellow. And probably did not approve of her choice. Perhaps she was estranged from her parents due to her choices.  This is just my opinion.

Having said that, they will be appealing to the public, I am sure.

If I were this young man, I would stop talking to the press, and get some advice from a lawyer lickety split.
And where are his parents, in all of this?
JB

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 07:36:43 PM by jellybean »