Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1028514 times)

concernedanon

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2011, 06:18:57 PM »
Can anyone confirm if Amber and her boyfriend lived near the Gut Bridge? And/or where they lived in comparison to the area the police seem to be concentrated this weekend?

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »
Oceansalt - I'm pretty sure that they live on Pictou Landing rd, but not that far out. Still - same general direction outside of town.

Whisper - I'm going to take a look at that link for sure!

Here's a new video re: the search
http://atlantic.ctv.ca/?video=550613?video=550613

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 16, 2011, 06:28:31 PM »
A concerned - Thanks for clearing up where they rent- i was only going by what I read. I totally agree with you on how it's affecting everyone. Her poor, poor friends. They are so torn between Mason and what's being said about him, as well as their guilt about the "what if's" had they walked her to Big Al's. I am not friends with Amber but I know her brother well and our Dad's have known each other for years. I've seen her over the years but never in a personal way. I know I feel so ill everytime some news comes out, and I can barely eat or sleep. If that's the toll it's taking on ME, basically a stranger to her, then I can't imagine how those close to her feel. The basics of life like food and sleep must illude them becasue they are ALWAYS doing things to help. It's wonderful that they care so much but they have to take care of themselves too before they crash :S

concernedanon

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2011, 06:37:50 PM »
This is total speculation. .. but have any of you considered the following...

Is it possible that whatever happened to this young girl, did not happen between als and dooleys.  Perhaps it didnt happen until she returned home? An argument gone wrong?

I know the shoes were supposedly found between als and dooleys.. but is it possible they could have been planted after the fact? Especially considering that there have been reports/rumours that the area they were found in was previously searched and turned up nothing.

I'm not accusing anyone, or attempting to offend anyone. Just wondering if anyone else had considered this to be a possibility

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 16, 2011, 06:42:38 PM »
Lots of people have speculated it may have happened at home (or elsewhere) but according to numerous people confirming that she never showed up at Big Als to be picked up. Cameras show Mason there but never Amber. All the friends she was with confirmed that's where she said he was picking her up.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 16, 2011, 06:46:47 PM »
from A concerned parent:
What is bothering me right now, is the toll this is taking on the entire community, not to mention our kids. The way Mason is being portrayed in the media is certainly not the way his "friends' behind the scenes are portraying him. It seems they are all afraid of implicating him because they are not sure what to think. He is very convincing to them.

That won't change the course of this investigation one way or the other. I think D1 said it well in his post, quoted below.

from D1:
If Amber remains missing or is found murdered, a wide net will be cast for the killer. Mason will obviously be included whether his family or friends believe he should be or not. He will be publicly exonerated if and when another guilty party is found. If innocent he will have to go through the process to be ruled out same as any other poi. Nothing personal, just the way it is.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2011, 06:49:20 PM »
concernedanon
This is total speculation. .. but have any of you considered the following...

Is it possible that whatever happened to this young girl, did not happen between als and dooleys.  Perhaps it didnt happen until she returned home? An argument gone wrong?

I know the shoes were supposedly found between als and dooleys.. but is it possible they could have been planted after the fact? Especially considering that there have been reports/rumours that the area they were found in was previously searched and turned up nothing.

I'm not accusing anyone, or attempting to offend anyone. Just wondering if anyone else had considered this to be a possibility

There is video of Amber leaving Dooleys towards Big Als. And then there is no footage of her arriving at Big Al's but there is footage of Mason waiting for her.

Concerned Parent
I believe from the posts you have made you are more concerned with one young man's every move......Most of what you are posting is hersay.....before posting these thoughts, are these
a) coming from what you personally have witnessed
or
b) have heard from others.

I find the few posts you have made directed purely towards one person, who has yet to be proven guilty.  Leave that decision to a jury, and the police investigating this crime please.

UPDATE: Just read debbiec response to A concerned parent.......and this summarizes it best....

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2011, 06:51:58 PM »

from A concerned parent:
What are the chances in a well lit place, this girl was grabbed and no one saw anything? Really.

This is certainly not impossible. We have cases on this site where similar things have happened. Vanished into thin air, sometimes in the middle of the day. Almost like they have been "plucked" off the face of the earth.

Nothing is impossible.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2011, 06:54:02 PM »
[quoteThis is total speculation. .. but have any of you considered the following...

]
[/quote]

...I can't resist;  this is a most logical comment .  ...was wondering when it would come up.  Amber may very well have gone elsewhere after the club .... home, a friends, anywhere.... maybe more than one location.  If nobody saw her after she split up with her friends, anything is possible.  And that observation is just plain logical;  it doesn't point fingers at anyone in particular.  To protest too loudly is not wise!  imho

One thing that keeps coming back at me when reading this thread is the fact that she had to walk to Big Als to meet the BF.  If they were on normal or good terms with one-another, the logical thing for a guy to do is walk her to the car .... regardless of circumstances.  I don't think he was anymore invisible to cops cruising by being parked in the car at Big Als than he would be walking to Dooly's and picking up his girlfriend.  ??? I just find that odd.  Guess I'm old school, and still believe in guys watching out for girls.

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 16, 2011, 06:54:36 PM »
Concerned. How is it possible that he is taking money out of the donation boxes to buy cigarettes. I thought all donations were going into a bank account. No one should be able to dip into them. Seems he is developing a cocky attitude. Not nice.

concernedanon

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2011, 06:54:54 PM »
Perhaps she got home some other way? And perhaps the boyfriend was then angered by the fact that he was waiting at als while she was already at home? Although it sounds like it might be a far walk for her to get home, and I'm sure if she had gotten a ride home with a friend or in a taxi that they would have come forward...

I hate to keep coming back to the boyfriend, but having past experience in an abusive relationship,  I have come to recognize the signs.   I get a bad feeling when I see his reactions/responses, and when I hear other people speaking about him (even the way people word the "good" about a person can be telling). I sincerely hope for the sake of Amber/ her and his family/ and their friends that my intuition is wrong on this one.

halifax902

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2011, 06:55:23 PM »
I also understand it like concerned did.  I have heard and there has been NO official report saying Mason was seen on camera's at Big Al's. 

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2011, 06:56:19 PM »
 Even if Mason is publicly exonerated, there will always be some people who will doubt it. He will never be completely trusted by everyone because of all the doubt people have about him now. As I've said before - I personally think he's not involved, and for his sake I hope they find out who is responsible ASAP. Pictou County has people that would probably take matters into there own hands and deal with Mason themselves. I've been scared since the beginning that someone could do something to him, thinking he's guilty without proof. No one in particular of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2011, 07:02:03 PM »
I saw a group of people who were out (must have been at the vigil) discussing him buying the smokes and fireworks. I don't know what that's about, but I heard it as well.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2011, 07:02:42 PM »
[quote author=lostlinganer link=topic=5383.msg72797#msg72797 date=1318812842

One thing that keeps coming back at me when reading this thread is the fact that she had to walk to Big Als to meet the BF.  If they were on normal or good terms with one-another, the logical thing for a guy to do is walk her to the car .... regardless of circumstances.  I don't think he was anymore invisible to cops cruising by being parked in the car at Big Als than he would be walking to Dooly's and picking up his girlfriend.  ??? I just find that odd.  Guess I'm old school, and still believe in guys watching out for girls.
[/quote]
This is something me and my husband did when we were first together.  He did not have his license, if he'd had a few and was tired I wouldn't argue. Does it make him a lazy man......maybe. Never bothered me, mind you, when I became pregnant, that changed the rules completely.   Does it make him a gentleman.....probably not. But this isn't the day and age when men get out and open the door for women.  We're talking about 19 year old male and a 19 year old woman.  We do not know how their arrangements go.
I don't believe this means anything.......in accordance to the case itself.  Nor does asking someone to buy cigarettes for him, or disappearing for hours at a time (um......he's been searching his little butt off folks......sleep is still a necessary requirement to existing, last I checked) ;)

I agree with debbiec....anything is possible.