Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1028938 times)

concernedanon

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2011, 09:04:40 PM »
What about the possibility of someone trying to throw the police off?

Maureen

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »
Can't the police contact the phone company and find out where the call came from?

BrokenHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2011, 09:06:29 PM »
What about the possibility of someone trying to throw the police off?

This was my first thought when I heard it!

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2011, 09:08:18 PM »
She didn't take her cell phone with her.  She left it at home remember?

JB

concernedanon

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2011, 09:10:18 PM »
Obviously I hope the police look into it very diligently,  but hopefully they also keep patrol on the wooded area they have been cconcentrated on today/tonight.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2011, 09:13:37 PM »
Was that the wooded area where her shoe was found, between Dooley's and Big Al's? - or is it the wooded area outside of town?  Which wooded area?
This is confusing....Aso about the cell hone call.  How could it be from Amber, as she left her cell phone at home.  She did not have a cell phone with her. So this could well be a prank.

JB

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2011, 09:20:18 PM »
Was that the wooded area where her shoe was found, between Dooley's and Big Al's? - or is it the wooded area outside of town?  Which wooded area?
This is confusing....Aso about the cell hone call.  How could it be from Amber, as she left her cell phone at home.  She did not have a cell phone with her. So this could well be a prank.

JB

They are still currently searching the spot out of town. The call is probably a sick prank which hopefully doesnt take anyone away from the search. It shouldn't though since it was traced to another small town opposit of whereAmber disappeared - Stellarton. If it's not a prank then somehow she has gotten a cell phone. It's a disconnected one but as long as they are charged you can call 911 with them

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2011, 09:28:41 PM »
Thanks Trenton, about the shoe.

Is it possible that all of this police and helicopter activity may have nothing to do with the search for her, but may have to do with something else, such as an escaped convict, or whatever.  This may be a silly question, I know, but is there something in the news generally that woud bring out the helicopter (a fire) or someone other than Amber?

JB

BrokenHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2011, 09:31:30 PM »
Honestly the only other reason for a helicopter to be out this way is doing a search for pot plants and its already past harvest... so the answer to ur question is 99% sure no other reason for it to be out...

EvaCampbell

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2011, 09:34:20 PM »
The police never identified Mason as a person of interest. I asked Ken MacDonald if anyone from the police gave any such statement and he said they did not. He said unfortunately they can print what they want. And technically the do not say that a policeman stated that.

GSAR - The police have identified Mason as a POI (in The News article earlier in the week). I'm curious as to if he would be allowed to search with them. I'm not 100% sure he has been, but I can't remember seeing that he hasn't been either. If someone can clear that up that'd be great. I know he's been doing a great deal of other things to help find her, just not sure about the search part. I'm not convinced he has anything to do with Amber's disappearance by any means, but I know a lot of other people are. Thank-you for your info!

There's a midnight candlelight vigil tonight - I hope by the time it's over they have found her safe. The way I see it is, if someone was able to take her without being noticed, they should be able to bring her back in the same manner! I'm remaining hopeful :)

EvaCampbell

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »
this is to eva,the papers said mason IS A PERSON OF INTEREST,and that was in the paper.

yes...but they did not say that the police identified him as a person of interest. there is a difference.

camnn06

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2011, 09:43:11 PM »
All Eva said was the paper can print whatever they want, so yes it was in the paper. There is no reason for you to say it is true because it was in there. If the police never stated it, I for one would believe his mother.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2011, 09:48:43 PM »
just my input , the press is not always right, and very offten completely wrong.  I know this as I delt with it when my brother was missing, I turly believe at times they make up stuff that cant be verified just for something to write.  I know they quoted me when my brother was missing and it was all lies that way not what I had said and I made them retract it in a half page story under the rath of me suing them.  I however was smart enought to tape every single conversation I had in relationship to my brother being missing that i had with any one .  thus I had the proof.  Praying this girl is found safe and sound. 

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2011, 09:52:06 PM »
Thank you Eva. If he was a POI,  they have confirmed it with you, and they DID NOT. Your son while talking to the media, said, I just know I am a person of interest by the police, or something along those lines.   In other words, he feels that he is. Thus the media printed it, and now some people believe it. That is why it is, in my opinion, best that he not speak to the media, as the media can twist things around. Just my opinion Eva.

JB
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:57:21 PM by jellybean »

sad333

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2011, 09:53:57 PM »
eyeswideopen did they find your brother. I know nothing of that case. Hope it turned out good.