Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1034031 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #1080 on: October 21, 2011, 07:40:11 PM »
Question:   
In the Video does it seem like the cops pull up to the lights?....BUT did they continue on when the light changed?   Anyone know the habits of the Cops in town?  Do they ever just sit at that intersection at that time of night?  Or do they circle the block? 
  I google mapped Dooly's to Big Als....It is 650 metres or a 7 minute walk it says.

I had to erase the link to the map, it didn't work....

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 21, 2011, 07:43:55 PM »
jobo, if the bar just got out it is completely plausible that they would wait there for a moment instead of continuing forward promptly. I know when other bars in the county let out, cops were always present to prevent possible fights, etc.

myheartbreaks

• View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 21, 2011, 07:45:51 PM »
they might have sat for a few seconds, but there is another car behind him ( looks like a cab )

unless the cab would have sat there for a few seconds as well.

mytwocentsis2

• View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 21, 2011, 07:52:09 PM »
the bar closes at 2am....before 2 (at 1:30 or so) usually there is one (possibly more) car sitting parked watching the crowd and a few cars circling the loop as a lot the crowd leaving the bar from this time till after it closes goes to the pizza joint around the block.....once it is closed there usually is a few cop cars right there till the crowd thins out a lot.

I'm betting that cop car at the lights was looping...not parked UNLESS there was a fight going on or starting in the crowd.

ETA when the cops park watching the crowd they don't park on the road like that unless something was going on...they park off the road or down usually out of the vision of this cam

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 21, 2011, 08:02:25 PM »
Okay...then the Cops do there what they do here...got it.   Yes, I think you are right he is the Cop that must be 'circling the loop'....but next question:  Which way would he logically/normally go?  In the direction Amber was going?  Or around the corner to his left?  (maybe that question really can't be answered).

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 21, 2011, 08:04:42 PM »
Okay...then the Cops do there what they do here...got it.   Yes, I think you are right he is the Cop that must be 'circling the loop'....but next question:  Which way would he logically/normally go?  In the direction Amber was going?  Or around the corner to his left?  (maybe that question really can't be answered).

If he is in the lane to the far left, he would go straight and circle down around to North Provost, then back.  In the past couple of years this intersection saw an overhaul. No more left turning down George St from Archimedes.  There is a lane for those going straight down Trenton Rd. and those turning by the Elks club back downtown.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 21, 2011, 08:16:40 PM »
Why can't your roadways go straight ahead to get to A  and then hang a left or right to go down another street to get back to where you started?  Like in a perfect square? lol
I would be ticketed left right and centre if I was driving around there. :)
JB

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 21, 2011, 08:17:20 PM »
Why can't your roadways go straight ahead to get to A  and then hang a left or right to go down another street to get back to where you started?  Like in a perfect square? lol

JB

Why not INDEED!! :) I share your frustration.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 21, 2011, 08:19:20 PM »
Oh my what a chilling picture. It looks like a black car turned up right behind her. They said earlier  that the bf was at doolys in a black car at 1am. The police were right there as well. Oh my how she went missing in such a short time frame. I guess police cars don't all have video equipment in them  Too bad because their camera would have shown all the way up that street.
Looks like she might have gotten in a car willingly or grabbed and lost her shoe maybe? If that was the case there had to be more than 1 person.

What if she lost her shoe because she was afraid to get into the car and started to run? Maybe if there were two people in the car and she saw one was the b.f. who she wasn't expecting- then she panicked and one grabbed her? Since we're guessing at so many things,  maybe she was afraid of the b.f.?  Did he call her through one of her friend' s cell phones or maybe he had one of his friends call her ? Maybe she walked out of Dooley's thinking she was getting a drive with someone else and then in the car was her b.f. and someone else?  We're so conditioned to hearing the same old stuff...maybe there's another twist here.

Why am I quoted here? I said none if this please go fix your tags.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 21, 2011, 08:25:09 PM »
Hate to hag on about that side door at Dooley's.  But i imagine it would be locked from the outside, so that no one could sneak in, as I gather there is a COVER CHARGE?

But it must be accessable from the inside to get out.  Fire laws. There must be more than one exit in case of fire, and it must be readily opened by people inside.
There always has to be more than one exit.

JB

Tougher Laws

• View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 21, 2011, 08:25:40 PM »
Someone following her on foot would draw a lot less attention then a car pulling over and forcing her in...if any of the cars in this clip were involved it would have to be much further up the road I would assume or the cop or bystanders would have witnessed it...it really looks like the male in black coming out of dooly's right after Amber passes by the door was about to follow her but then looks to his left and sees the cop and pauses to make small talk or possibly bum a cigarette maybe waiting until the cop car keeps going before continuing after her...everyone would just assume he was walking home himself. (Once again this is speculation...but watch the video again and completely ignore the cars and watch the crowd instead.)

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 21, 2011, 08:31:45 PM »
JB

It was a bolt lock on the inside in my days....alongside of the regular key lock.  Therefore it can be accessed by the staff to unlock at any point.....I would hazard a guess this door would not be deadbolted until all patrons had exited the building. At least it wasn't until we closed.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 21, 2011, 08:37:22 PM »
On that note, I am off to slumberville.  Praying tomorrow brings more enlightenment and brings us all closer to bringing this young ladies disappearance to justice.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 21, 2011, 08:39:22 PM »
I don't see him crossing the street.  He is standing on the corner and then you see his back to us, and then the car goes by.

Oryx, I don't mean when they close up, I mean when they are open during the evening etc.  Patrons would have to have more than one exit other than the front door.  So I am thinking that someone could have slipped out of another exit to follow her, if he overheard her tell her gf that she was leaving.

JB

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 21, 2011, 08:45:05 PM »
jellybean, when my kid worked at a bar, they tried to stay one step ahead, and had things under control every night with the locking of the doors, or manning the doors to the outside, to the patio, whatever.  They were always extra diligent.

Question:
So, the Cop car, when the light changed (after the video we saw)....would've gone straight for a bit and then turned? ( I noticed the walk signs start to flash in the video, then a car coming from the right side of our screen, going the same direction as Amber (the car we have been trying to figure what colour it is)....so a light change was coming up and then the Cop car should have driven past Amber, what, within a minute after we saw her in the Video?...that is providing she was still walking to BigAl's.?  It is a 7 minute walk (google maps).
Now I am wondering what the heck the Cops saw?  They are the car that came next.  No?