Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1039658 times)

myheartbreaks

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #1065 on: October 21, 2011, 06:42:33 PM »
Sorry was typing as the post was made.
Sorry was typing as the post was made.

Why sorry?? :) I'm thankful someone else was thinking of this as well!

me too, glad to know that everyone has a different insight as to what they see in the video, and that some are thinking the same as others.

Trenton Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 21, 2011, 06:43:34 PM »
Oryx this is a link to google map. You can see Big Al's on the right and the trees right across the street. The big parking lot is on the right between 2 houses ( I think you can only see one though). This view is looking toward downtown New Glasgow.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
Hope it works, I'm not real computer savvy.
I just tried it and of course it doesn't work. You can type in 134 North Provost Street New Glasgow NS and go to street view and the turn the picture with the arrows until you see Big Al's.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:47:41 PM by Trenton Mom »

Tougher Laws

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 21, 2011, 06:44:01 PM »
Initially when I watched the video the first few times I was focussing on the cars, however after watching it several times I noticed as Amber was walking off on her own a person in a black tshirt (appeared to be a male) came out of what must have been a doorway (probably dooly's front door - I'm not from the area so not positive) just after she passed. And then shortly thereafter another person in black came out of the same doorway.  It's probably just a coincidence that they came out right after she passed...but just speculating could it be someone who happened to notice an attractive young female wandering off by herself and possibly followed her...the video shows the first person stop at the corner but who knows after that..too bad the video stops there...does anyone who was there know who those two people were and if either one of them headed in that direction shortly after Amber walked off?  Obviously this is all just speculation and was probably just a coincidence..but couldn't hurt to follow up on.

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 21, 2011, 06:49:36 PM »
I guess I need to correct myself, because now that I look on google maps the area between Dooley's and Big Al's is immense.

EJP

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 21, 2011, 06:51:25 PM »
If you find out, you may discover the owner of that black car behind him may very well have been at his house that night. :)  I will tell you right now, when he got home after failing to pick Amber up, there were people at his place, awake. I'm leaving it at that. And no, I was not there. Just know for a fact. The cops know this too.

Black/Dark Car********

I cannot find the link but someone out there probably knows where it is..........

Does anyone remembe the news clip about bf's car being seized, and the clip showed him talking and right behind him were "TWO" cars........a black on and a red one......

I don't know how to post video links and have no idea where to find it but we've all seen it I'm sure.......I'm wondering who owns this car in the video beside his??????????????

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 21, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »
Wow, 2011 and the citizens of PC never lock their doors?  Must be nice!! I vaguely recall when I didn't lock mine, and I lived in a City, even then.
It is a sad thing when something like this happens and people lose their sense of personal security.And it is nice to learn that we still have parts of Canada whereby its citizens do not lock their doors.

JB

mytwocentsis2

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 21, 2011, 07:02:48 PM »
If you find out, you may discover the owner of that black car behind him may very well have been at his house that night. :)  I will tell you right now, when he got home after failing to pick Amber up, there were people at his place, awake. I'm leaving it at that. And no, I was not there. Just know for a fact. The cops know this too.

Black/Dark Car********

I cannot find the link but someone out there probably knows where it is..........

Does anyone remembe the news clip about bf's car being seized, and the clip showed him talking and right behind him were "TWO" cars........a black on and a red one......

I don't know how to post video links and have no idea where to find it but we've all seen it I'm sure.......I'm wondering who owns this car in the video beside his??????????????

So did I pick up on something by noticing this car I wonder?  Would this be the car in question?  Just wondering again, seeing as it is out there in the video for the world to see......
at about 1:45 shows them behind him

opps

ETA link      http://atlantic.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20111012/kirwan_search_teams_111012/20111012/?hub=AtlanticHome

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 21, 2011, 07:05:05 PM »
I guess I need to correct myself, because now that I look on google maps the area between Dooley's and Big Al's is immense.

No offence....i live here...and I don't agree with you. Immense is a big word. A lot of re-speculating about the same block. You see the traffic and people out on the streets in this video...not dark...not quiet...protected? yes ...there's a police car...

hags, no offense taken! 

I used to live on Alexander street in the 90's. I also am from Pictou County.  If you follow North Provost, the area of darkness in which this young lady could have been taken is a lot more broad than was first implied in some posts. As there are people who are not from this area, and are only seeing a small section of the road by the Boarding house, I thought it would be good for them to see what else was ahead of Ms. Kirwan that evening after she turned the corner past the Spears Boarding House.  There are two houses that stand beyond the heavily treed area and a large lot, then another parking lot where a power station, and then another house, more trees, I do not remember if the house remains on the left off of Fraser, but this is directly across from Big Al's parking lot.   If not properly lit, this is a broad area as far as I am concerned where the girl could have been taken.  It is not merely.....that you turn the corner from the edge of the video and BAM there is Big Al's. I would like others to see this as well. For as Ms. Kirwan goes out of view....this is the road ahead of her.

PleaseComeHome

• "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 21, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »
The area is not immense no. But it is still too long to be walking in the dark alone. It would certainly creep ME out if I walked that stretch (no matter how safe the community is reported to be). Every person has instincts when walking alone in the dark and mine would be beeping of the charts. Pupils big, heart beating fast. I feel horrible because I know in my mind she would have had regret about taking the walk alone. Maybe she is the type of girl who NEVER walks anywhere alone and thought "I will be fine just this once". Horrible thought.

No offence....i live here...and I don't agree with you. Immense is a big word. A lot of re-speculating about the same block. You see the traffic and people out on the streets in this video...not dark...not quiet...protected? yes ...there's a police car...

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 21, 2011, 07:10:13 PM »
Wow, 2011 and the citizens of PC never lock their doors?  Must be nice!! I vaguely recall when I didn't lock mine, and I lived in a City, even then.
It is a sad thing when something like this happens and people lose their sense of personal security.And it is nice to learn that we still have parts of Canada whereby its citizens do not lock their doors.

JB

JB, I used to live in a city. Believe me. We still lock our doors. My hubby is from a small town in the south shore and he locks the door whenever he comes in and out of it (I think he's a tad bit more paranoid than I)!!  ;D 

mytwocentsis2

• View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 21, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »

JB

JB, I used to live in a city. Believe me. We still lock our doors. My hubby is from a small town in the south shore and he locks the door whenever he comes in and out of it (I think he's a tad bit more paranoid than I)!!  ;D

Doors locked in Pictou Co? YES! I live in a small town on the south shore....I don't even know where my house keys are and can't remember ever locking my door since I moved here :S

Oryx

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 21, 2011, 07:26:43 PM »
I digress, it is time for this lass to get her siesta.  I hope tomorrow brings more enlightenment about this young ladies whereabouts.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 21, 2011, 07:29:15 PM »
It almost looks as if that car coming up the street on the right was WAITING for her to come by (the black car??). Just an extreme theory, but it could be possible that the person in the car was made aware that AK would be walking by. Almost like a set-up. Just a THEORY but a set-up by someone could be a possibility. Whether the person who set that up was MC, a friend of MC, a stranger, ect. I could not say. I do not mean to accuse the bf at all. I am just speculating...throwing things out there.

You're right, this is an extreme theory. Who would have made someone aware that Amber would be walking by. I could see someone seeing her as she left Dooley's, or someone driving along the road that she was walking along, going up ahead and waiting for her to come along. As some others have mentioned we have no idea how far Amber walked after we can no longer see her on the video. It sounds like there were some dark and isolated areas that she would be passing through, late at night, alone.

myheartbreaks

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 21, 2011, 07:33:30 PM »
I would think ( and this is just my thoughts ) that the police car in the video would have been questioned, as to weather or not they had seen a girl ( AK ) walking along that road when he drove up that way. If he would have said, " no i didn't see a girl " which would have been hard to miss if she was on the side walk when PC drove pass )  then one would have to think that in the time it took the police to drive up that road, ( given the light was just about to turn green )  then the person(s) that took her would have had to taken her very quickly has to not be seen by the cop coming up the road.
If the PC had said " yes I had seen the girl ( AK ) walking along the sidewalk " then you would have to think that she made it pass the road that we seen her walking on and that she was within eye shot of BIG AL's store ( given how fast she was walking and where she would have been when the police drove pass her ) 

just a few thoughts not in anyway based on facts,

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 21, 2011, 07:35:22 PM »
If Mason was at Dooley's around 1:00...wouldn't Amber have known this?  If Amber did phone Mason to pick her up as Debbie says...how do we know this? Is there a taped message or only a cell number showing?

Just for the record, it was not me that originally said this. It is what has been stated from the beginning. We have no way of disproving it at this time. Perhaps at some point we will learn that it wasn't this way, but for now this is what we have.