Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1039371 times)

Jay

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2011, 12:05:23 PM »
I agree JB. Odds are not great based on who's now involved with the investigation and the words they are choosing to say to the media. They have to cover their asses if their efforts aren't resolving anything.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2011, 12:10:04 PM »
I do hope they find Amber. But I think if the police found her remains they would say so. They might have credible information that she was seen with someone and they have to keep the clues close to their chest. But it would be nice if the RCMP updated the public and made some kind of announcement. It is very scary, it is a week tonite since Amber went missing. I hope they have a candlelight ceremony for her and bring some peace to those who are looking for her. Maybe if her friends gathered and had prayers in a setting like that, it would help get them through all of this. God bless you and the community who is helping to find the young lady.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2011, 12:31:37 PM »
We have had a prayer circle on Monday night, a beautiful candle light vigil on Wednesday, a prayer gathering on Thursday, and tonight there is another candle lit walk 12am-2am to represent the approx time she went missing. Today there was a fundraising "human ribbon" photographed (green ribbon to represent lost children) and Amber's family were there. It's nice that they were able to come see what everyone is doing to help lessen their burden. A lot of "events" have been organized, and although they are thoughtful, they are so emotionally exhausting for our community. I totally understand that people are feeling like they need to do something though, and these things are what they are coming up with. Our local businesses have been huge supporters in helping raise awareness and money, but honestly - we need to put all our concentration back to finding her ASAP.
My fingers are crossed that Amber is found safe and this nightmare will be over for her.

Levi

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2011, 02:16:23 PM »
they are now posting that 'they' heard on the scanner
water search & rescue crews have been called as well as RCMP helicopter ...ASAP
nobody knows why or what is going on!
OMG, hope this is not bad news , but seems they are looking in the water

Wanderlei

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2011, 02:18:45 PM »
latest reports have SAR as well as helicopters called out ASAP !!! local residents reporting cops , k9 units , forensic truck out in wooded area near Scoth Hill !!! this is alarming cause they were not supposed to start searching to 7 am tomorrow. Worried to say the least  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Levi

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
MAP showing Heathbell Rd : http://g.co/maps/btnqg

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2011, 02:51:34 PM »
The tension in the air right now in this community is palpable I'm telling you. I think at this point we are all expecting the worse. I can't help but sit here in tears waiting for something, ANYTHING to be said. 6pm news is supposed to have some sort of media release - probably CBC and CTV. A girl on the FB group lives right there where they are searching and said she saw someone being lowered from a helicopter into the water. What else could it be? :'(

IMHO

• As the Name says- In My Humble Opinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2011, 03:04:32 PM »
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=wp&feedId=6773

The above link is the local broadcast scanner....very quiet.

I also have a Grecom PSR 500c which picks up a fair bit more.  By law I am not allowed to report what I hear..
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 03:14:25 PM by IMHO »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2011, 03:25:55 PM »
The tension in the air right now in this community is palpable I'm telling you. I think at this point we are all expecting the worse. I can't help but sit here in tears waiting for something, ANYTHING to be said. 6pm news is supposed to have some sort of media release - probably CBC and CTV. A girl on the FB group lives right there where they are searching and said she saw someone being lowered from a helicopter into the water. What else could it be? :'(

Which facebook? Can you send the link to us, as she has a few of them.

JB

IMHO

• As the Name says- In My Humble Opinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »
They did call in New Glasgow Water Rescue a few hours ago.....

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2011, 03:41:15 PM »
Someone in that area must have "spotted something in the water", and that may be why they rushed out there, rather than going tomorrow.  JUST GUESSING.

JB

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2011, 04:14:41 PM »
Which facebook? Can you send the link to us, as she has a few of them.

JB

This is the only one I've been following, as it was created by her BFF who was also with her the night she disappeared.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=187045654704578#!/event.php?eid=187045654704578

So far nothing has been confirmed about what they were specifically looking for. I have to only assume they were given a tip from someone or when they brought in everyone they;ve already questioned to be re-questioned that someone admitted to having more info which led them to that area. For the most part it's pretty desolate - I can't imagine someone just accidentally stumbling upon something. *shrug*

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2011, 04:25:10 PM »
I went back to find the posts from the people saying what they've seen going on today in Scotchill where they were investigating, and it was deleted. Unfortunately, a lot of the posts are getting deleted because no one can bear the thought of Amber never coming back unharmed. It's not realtistic, but it is an understandable defense mechanism.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2011, 04:26:56 PM »
"Stumbling upon" is very common.  Even after organized searches are done, very often the victim is discovered by someone out walking their dog, just everyday people.  It doesn't matter really. I  can appreciate that the community is very tense right now. My heart goes out to Amber's parents - their lives have been turned upside down since their beautiful daughter went missing. I doubt very much if Pictou County has experienced anything like this in a long long time.
Take care

JB