Author Topic: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011  (Read 1021668 times)

straita

• View Profile
Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« on: October 10, 2011, 07:03:34 AM »
I saw this on FB last night and it is now on local news radio stations and on the New Glasgow News website:  http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-10/article-2773021/Pictou-County-woman-missing

Here is the FB link:  https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=187045654704578

For some reason it won't accept the whole link, so you will have to copy and paste it into your browser.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:16:26 PM by debbiec »

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Amber Kirwan - Murdered - New Glasgow Oct. 9th 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 03:38:31 PM »
I just watched the evening news. Amber was at a bar in New Glasgow with some frinds. She did not leave with them, because she was calling her boyfriend to pick her up. She had recently moved in with her boyfriend. He was on TV this evening and felt that someone may have been holding her against her will.  No trace has been found of Amber. Search parties are all over the place looking for her and even down at the shore they have been searching and also had a helicopter out checking for her. Amber is a very pretty 19 year old girl. I wish the young people would realize what danger they are in late at night. It is very dangerous to stay waiting alone for someone to pick you up, especially at a tavern or bar. Hopefully Amber is found okay, but it is a long time, today is Monday and she has been missing since Saturday night. Prayers for her safe return. :o :o :o :o :o

oceansalt

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 04:14:26 PM »
In all the reports I have seen it never mentions her parents except to say her family and friends are worried. It seems to be her friend and boyfriend doing all the talking. There was also a Facebook site called New Glasgow Police Services that everyone thought was the New Glasgow Police however it turns out it is not them. The info at the site had a lot of info that was not true.

whispersoftly

• justice ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 06:53:38 PM »
Searchers were out Monday looking for a 19-year-old woman who disappeared from a New Glasgow pool hall, but by nightfall they had not found anything.

Police said Amber Kirwan was last seen outside Dooley's in the northern Nova Scotia town at 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

Her relatives called for help late that afternoon when they hadn't heard from her.

Police checked with Kirwan's family and friends, as well as local businesses and taxi companies. They also canvassed some neighbourhoods.

Firefighters and search-and-rescue teams assisted in the search. A helicopter was in the air by Monday afternoon.

"As of this time we've been unable to locate her," said Const. Ken MacDonald.

MacDonald said it is out of character for Kirwan to disappear like this.

According to a friend, Kirwan was supposed to meet her boyfriend at a convenience store shortly after leaving the pool hall, but she never showed up, the CBC's Kevin Harvey reported from the scene.

Kirwan was last seen wearing dark clothing. No other details were available.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the New Glasgow Police Service or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/10/10/ns-search-new-glasgow-woman.html

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 09:11:01 AM »
The police now are going to door to door in the area where Amber went missing. She was walking a short distance to a convenience store to meet her boyfriend and when he got there she was not there. He indicated it is out of character for her to do this and so her friends have stated also. I believe Amber must have been taken in a vehicle. Unless the police have now clues off a video surveillance camera, this maybe why the search has changed it's direction. We pray that Amber is found very soon, safe and sound. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

oceansalt

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 02:09:50 PM »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 02:11:50 PM »
I am wondering if there were any male persons in the bar that evening that were paying a lot of attention to the group of girls. And was there anyone in the bar that the girls felt was a stranger to them. But it does not matter if it was a stranger, because sometimes it is a person that knows the victim very well. I do hope the police have confiscated all video surveillance from the area. Is there anyone on here from Picou County, please tell us what you know that may not be in the news???  :o :o :o :o :o :o

oceansalt

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 02:32:38 PM »
I am near New Glasgow. There are alot of people out looking for her. From what I have heard Dooley's (the bar she was at) was packed. The survelience camera was checked there and also at Big Al's (where she was meeting her boyfriend) I also understand that other businesses in town were checked or going to be checked. The distance from Dooleys to Big ALs can 't be 1/2 of a kilometer apart. The time span between her leaving Dooleys and her boyfriend getting to Big Als was 10 mins. It's hard to believe she disappeared in that short disatnce and time.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 05:12:15 PM »
oceansalt, this is a very short time span. This just sounds like more then one person was involved here. She could have been abducted very quickly, especially if there was a driver and someone could open a door and she would be not expecting this. She should have never left alone, especially with all of these people around and I would assume most of them would be males. This does not sound good. And now we are into Tuesday evening and no Amber, my prayers are there with all of her friends and family. They must be very worried as to what has happened to her.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 02:58:04 PM »
No, the boyfriend is not a suspect. He drove there looking for her and within ten minutes she disappeared. So she must have been snatched off the street. According to one poster there were many people around that evening. And I would think that her boyfriend must have an alibi for the time period. All can be checked out easily. If he has a cell phone or however she contacted him, it should be regisered with the phone company. As I understood it, she did not make it to the convenience store. So who on the street saw her, especially with so many people around. And we have not heard of any surveillance cameras being helpful in Amber's disappearance. I did not think of the boyfriend being involved, but if his story does not check out, that could be possible. And just that you mentioned that, has their residence been checked out by the police??? Sometimes the first person to look at is the boyfriend or husband in some of those cases. Anyone from Pictou County on here that can give any info on the boyfriend and what kind of a guy he is?????? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
While I was posting my last comment, I just watched the evening news. The RCMP have stated they are still doing an ongoing search of buildings and terrain around the water. They have indicated that they have some articles which have been sent to forensics to see if they belong to Amber. But the investigation is ongoing. Her boyfriend was on there also and he made a comment that he felt she was being held against her will. But what I did think was unusual was, he did not state on there that if anyone was holding Amber, please release her to her family. Also, Amber's parents or relatives have not made any comments, just friends and her boyfriend that I saw on news reports. Hoping you are safe and come home soon, Amber. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 03:12:35 PM by capeheart »

oceansalt

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 03:45:09 PM »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 04:11:17 PM »
By all accounts it looks as though Amber may no longer be "with us'.   How many times have we "heard", she or he may be held against her or his will.

This is a thought of self preservation, as to think otherwise would  be too horrific for them.

This often turns out to be a murder. Very rarely is a young woman held against her will for any length of time. She was either stalked and murdered that nite, and they may find her remains in the water.  Water is often used isn't it?  It is a fast way to dispose of a body, rather than dig into the earth.
I would certainly have a good look at the boyfriend as well.  Very often they will chat away trying to be in control of the situation and steering the police, and the public in a different direction. ie Abducted.

I am sorry for being so morbid.  This is not my usual approach. However,  I am sick and tired of young women disappearing and usually ending up with the same sad result. I guess they should all lock themselves up in their homes after dark, and even then, some of them are not entirely safe.

God bless her parents, who are keeping their silence and may be on a vigil waiting for word. I so hope that she TRULY IS FOUND SAFE, and is one of the few.

JB
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 04:31:27 PM by jellybean »

oceansalt

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 04:33:31 PM »
I think there was someone at Dooleys watching her or someone passed her while she was on route to meet her boyfriend. If I understand things correctly when her boyfriend got to their meeting spot and she wasn't there he texted the cell phone she called from to see if she was still there. The time span was only about 10 mins from when she left Dooleys to when he arrived at Big ALs to pick her up.  There do not seem to be any rumours around about him however people are really curious to why her parents don't seem to be talked about or interviewed.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 05:06:27 PM »
I am confused. First report she was to meet him at another bar, called Big Al'S.  Then she was to meet him a convenience store. Is the name of the convenience store Big Al's and it is not a bar?

Why would he not pick her up at the bar where she was last seen? Most boyfriends would, wouldn't they?  Somehow this makes me wonder.  hmmm

JB

Wanderlei

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 05:17:12 PM »
yes, Big Al's is a convience store . about a 5 minute walk or even less away from the pool hall . i also find it strange that she was not picked up at the pool hall!! VERY STRANGE !!