Author Topic: DRUG DEALERS AND THEIR PUSHERS  (Read 11404 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
DRUG DEALERS AND THEIR PUSHERS
« on: October 07, 2011, 10:05:21 PM »
As we look around us we can see the damages  to society that Dealers and pushers have created. Many Canadians have lost their teenagers, and yes even their spouses and loved ones through drugs.  In addition, we have our homes invaded, our  cars, and other personal property stolen.We have lost many of our daughters to prostitution to support their habits.  And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

We no longer feel safe going for a walk after dark, or taking public transportation after dark, restricting our free choices within our own environments in the name of personal safety and security.  Kudos to our police force/RCMP for catching this one/jb

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2011/10/07/coke-kingpin-gets-14-years

Coke kingpin gets 14 years

TONY BLAIS, Court Bureau

First posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 05:59 PM MDT | Updated: Friday, October 07, 2011 09:04 PM MDT
Cocaine kingpin Jeffrey Caines was
Caines was arrested in December 2006 as part of a lengthy RCMP investigation known as Project Koker, which also nabbed two members of the Hells Angels.

According to agreed facts, police conducted a wiretap operation intercepting phone calls to and from Caines between October and December 2005, as well as doing surveillance and various searches and seizures.

Court heard Caines was the principal member of the cocaine trafficking conspiracy and he supplied his customers with cocaine at the kilogram an multi-kilogram level with the intention they would sell it for profit.

Crown prosecutor Dennis Hrabcak told court Caines oversaw 27 shipments of multi-kilogram amounts of cocaine, involving a minimum of 54 kg, over the 41-week conspiracy and said he earned nearly $500,000 in profits.

Caines had earlier pleaded guilty in the case, but a mistrial was declared and he was then joined with the ongoing trial of Hells Angels bikers Alan Knapczyk, 37, and John Reginald Alcantara, 38.
In that case, court heard the Crown theory was that Alcantara and Knapczyk conspired with Caines to traffic cocaine in Fort McMurray and the bikers provided protection for the people he supplied in return for a fee.

Alcantara is already serving a 14-year prison term after earlier being convicted of conspiring to traffic cocaine.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2011/10/07/coke-kingpin-gets-14-years 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:10:17 AM by jellybean »

SAP

Re: DRUG DEALERS AND THEIR PUSHERS
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 11:25:42 PM »
Thank you for posting the article. It is a tiny relief that at least a few kingpins are out of circulation for awhile anyway. Not that it makes any kind of a dent in the underworld really. We can be sure they are busy plotting for when they are released to make their business more cop surveillance proof, we can bet on that.
And I have to agree it is the tip of the iceberg, a very minute tip that can't be seen because of the iceberg's humongous circumference.

Court heard Caines was the principal member of the cocaine trafficking conspiracy and he supplied his customers with cocaine at the kilogram an multi-kilogram level with the intention they would sell it for profit.

AND if they didn't there were big guns to take them down most likely and that accounts for unexplained missing and murdered men/women. In order to sell the drugs in the first place, keeping persons addicted shows they have absolutely no regard or compassion for any human. No conscience. Gutter snakes.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 04:30:41 PM »
I know that this article is posted elsewhere on this site, but I think it would appropriate to link part of it on this thread, as it clearly places us squarly with a family who has suffered with the drug addiction of their beautiful daugher, and the lack of consistent help that was so desperately needed. Unfortunately this tragedy is still ongoing.

http://www.canada.com/clues+left+behind+Edmonton+mother+vanishes/5504893/story.html

quote from her mother

There were small signs at first, hints that something was wrong with the bright, hard-working mother of three. But soon drug addiction and psychosis took over Turner's life, ravaging the woman who had been an aspiring preacher and ``the best mom in the world,'' and leaving her almost unrecognizable to those who love her.

Then, in August, the Edmonton woman vanished altogether.

``My daughter disappeared just like a puff of smoke,'' says her mother, Wendy Yurko. ``My daughter is gone. She's nowhere, and I don't know what was done to her.''
unquote:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 04:36:05 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 09:54:39 AM »
This is how these pushers and dealers leave families in tatters, with all too often tragic endings.  Families are often powerless once a loved one becomes addicted. They not only contribute to lives lost, but they destroy the souls of others, and blow families apart.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Body+missing+Dana+Turner+found+Innisfail+mother+says/5535423/story.html
Quote from Mrs. Yurkow

What does it take for citizens to wake up?  There is an irony to this story. ex Police Chief Lindsay of Edmonton brushed off citizens concerns that drugs and gangs were here, in Edmonton.. Chief Lindsay denied that we had any problems with drugs, and was certain that gangs were not here.
Now his own son Mark  Lindsay  is part of this tragic story, and my heart goes out to the Lindsay family as well. They too have suffered for many years.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, another quote by this mother
"There's no closure in finding out your beautiful 31-year-old, (who) has her whole life ahead of her, is dead," Wendy Yurko told 630 CHED. "There is no closure in realizing that every single system that we say we have set up to help people who have problems is a total utter failure.

"I'm talking about Alberta Hospital, Royal Alexandra Hospital, the drug treatment centre that doesn't exist, (EPS), the RCMP, every adult and crisis unit, social services -- you name it. We have been trying to get help for Dana for a year, and got nothing from anybody, and now my daughter paid the ultimate price." unquote:

JB

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 04:59:54 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 12:32:16 PM »
There is another sad story to add to this thread.  I won't give his name out of respect for his family who are still in mourning.

He was a great friend, loving son, brother, exceptional husband and dad.  He was an excellent provider, always had a smile, kind, helpful, etc, etc.  All of this is true.

He was a seller of marijuana, who was shot and killed by an acquaintance. This acquaintance was known to police,  and we can guess as to how he earned his living.

So - there you have it.   Each time, an individual buys some toke for recreational use -  often the history behind that toke is not very pretty.

JB
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 02:04:40 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 12:49:53 AM »
Here is another example on this site. A son's words
quote:

im 21 years old, and let me tell you, this road has been very rough, its going on 4 years almost and it just feels like yesturday, ill give you guys some info on my mother, my mother had a very rough childhood, dabbling in the usage of drugs (pot at an early age) and then of course advancing to more hardcore stimulants, Ive seen my mother take pills (perks) I only lived with my mother till the age of 12-13 so I really dont know what she took,,,,,,,,,,,,
unquote.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:52:57 AM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 03:05:39 PM »
http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/police-warn-of-dangerous-drug-hitting-maritime-streets-1.1591503

Police warn of dangerous drug hitting Maritime streets Deadly designer drug? 
students to children as young as 12, are using the drug.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 03:15:04 PM »
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/bath-salts-drug-dangers

Mental Health Center

'Bath Salts' Drug Trend: Expert Q&A

Save This Article For Later

By Matt McMillen
WebMD Feature

Reviewed by Brunilda Nazario, MD

"Ivory Wave," "Purple Wave," Vanilla Sky," and "Bliss" are among the many street names of so-called designer drugs known as What Do People Experience When They Take Bath Salts?

The effects can include agitation, paranoia, hallucinations, chest pain, increased pulse, high blood pressure, and suicidal thinking/behavior, Horowitz says.

Suicidal thinking/behavior may last "even after the stimulatory effects of the drugs have worn off," Horowitz says. "At least for MDPV, there have been a few highly publicized suicides a few days after their use."

Are Bath Salts Illegal?

In July 2012, the Synthetic Drug Abuse Prevention Act made it illegal to possess, use, or distribute many of the chemicals used to make bath salts, including Mephedrone and MDPV. Methylone, another such chemical, remains under a DEA regulatory ban. In all, the law covers 26 chemicals, all of them ingredients in synthetic drugs.
"They snort it, shoot it, mix it with food and drink," Horowitz says.

Where Do You See the 'Designer Drugs' Trend Going?

"Drug makers will keep creating new combinations at home and in illicit labs," Horowitz says.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 03:20:07 PM by jellybean »

justsayin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 11:52:02 AM »
These are VERY dangerous drugs, no doubt about it.  These back yard chemists are trying to stay a step ahead, creating new drugs from old formulas and "tweaking" them to try to stay above the law.  It's unfortunate that there isn't enough information out there to warn people off of them, but many informed people take this crap anyway.

If you look back to prohibition times, where some of the "pushers" of that day were poisoning folks with lethal wood alcohol, or involved in criminal activity that often resulted in violence.  And then we saw the legalization of booze were it was taxed, and regulated.  That really isn't much different from this.  Same crap, different pile.  And yes, alcoholism is rampant in North America.

People will always look ways to escape their problems, or lose their inhibitions.  Just how far it will go, we shall see.

It's a conundrum. 

Grand Caravan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 11:33:37 AM »
I don't know when the drug problem is ever going to end. I think the only solution is real education about the problem. Parents are not setting a good example for their children to follow. People don't watch the news because they don't want to know about all the crime out there. I say make sure your kids know how many young drug dealers were murdered in Surrey last year(21) These things have a terrible effect on the families. How many parents toke a few once in a while, you cant hide that from your kids. How many parents drive like maniacs, speed, run through red lights and stop signs and drink too much and owe $25000.00 on their credit card. How many kids see their parents cheating on each other? And you wonder why your kid goes out and does drugs. Wake up and take a good look in the mirror>

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 12:45:46 PM »
And then we saw the legalization of booze were it was taxed, and regulated.  That really isn't much different from this.  Same crap, different pile.  And yes, alcoholism is rampant in North America.

I realize that you were pointing out synthetic drugs but I must chime in with something a judge I know once told me: he had seen loads of folks in front of him for doing stupid **** while they were drunk, but he'd never sentenced someone for doing something dumb after smoking pot. I guess my point is that there are differences. And I'd go further with mentioning that we spend a metric boatload of money on chasing down pot growers and smokers - to what end? Yes, there is an organized crime issue, no doubt. But wouldn't this, at least in part, be alleviated with legalization, regulation and taxation? Perhaps I am oversimplifying. I guess, at the end of the day, I am always a bit flabbergasted when I hear of some dude, doing harm to no one, getting busted for a few bong hits. Obviously there are extremes, but...

I'd far sooner see loads of investment in rooting out the synthetic drug manufacturers, importers, dealers and users than money seemingly wasted on some kids smoking fatties and playing Hungry Hungry Hippos while eating Cheesies and watching Fraggle Rock from the safety of their parents' basement.

It's a conundrum.

Indeed.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:19:10 PM by debbiec »

justsayin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 04:25:16 PM »
I totally agree with you NISH.   I would say legalize it, take the $ and pour it into the war on these synthetic drugs.  Regulate it so there is a standard. It stops buddy on the street from distributing something that laced with another "chemical" like PCP to "ehance" the buzz.  That's where the dangers come in. 

I'm all for logic and simplification.

jellybean

• View Profile

SAP

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 01:24:44 PM »
Was it worth it for her? She had a job with justice where she could work/study her way up the ladder but she chose a get rich quick scheme. Too bad for her and her poor choices. In this day and age I can't see that anyone is so clueless as to think they will never get caught and will get rich and I fail to muster up any sympathy for any of them.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 10:23:08 PM »
Was it worth it for her? She had a job with justice where she could work/study her way up the ladder but she chose a get rich quick scheme. Too bad for her and her poor choices. In this day and age I can't see that anyone is so clueless as to think they will never get caught and will get rich and I fail to muster up any sympathy for any of them.

Lost an excellent career  position, good benefits, yada yada, not to mention a potential criminal record that will stay with her for the rest of her life..

Don't expect a reference for future employment either.

Drugs are all encompassing to some people.  When will they learn before it is too late?

jb