Author Topic: Lisa Irwin, 10 month old: Missing Kansas City, Mo  (Read 53432 times)

SAP

MissB

• View Profile
Re: Lisa Irwin, 10 month old: Missing Kansas City, Mo
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 09:56:55 AM »
This case sounds quite fishy to me, as well. The narrow window, phones missing, lights blazing & parents not keeping their story straight, are all very suspicious to me. I am about to become a Private Investigator, and in a few years I plan to open my own business, specializing in Missing Persons/Children, so this case hits me hard. There are far too many evil/sick people in this world, and far too many children & their families are suffering at their hands. I can only pray that this poor, sweet lil girl will be found safe, but I my gut instinct is that the parents had something to do with it. If not one, both of them. I'm sorry but if I found my 10 month old daughter missing in the middle of the night, I would not be searching for her myself before alerting anyone......I would be losing my mind, hammering on my neighbours' doors, screaming for 911. JMO

I have to agree with a previous post where the person commented on Lisa's crib mattress being up so high. At 10 months, a child can stand holding onto things and could easily pull herself out of that crib and fall. I know my daughter could at 7 1/2 months, and the first time I saw her stand in her crib, I lowered the mattress. It is possible she may have fallen, and Dad found her when he came home, causing them to panic and elaborate a kidnapping to cover it up. I'm praying this was not the case, and am just speculating.

As far as the Police looking at her parents as suspects, I understand that would be upsetting, no doubt, but at the same time, if it were my daughter, I would let them ask their questions and not cut off the case by refusing to communicate. That makes it seem as though they have something to hide. Based on statistics, it is more often the parent(s) responsible, and it makes sense that the Police would try to clear them first.....failing a LDT is a red flag for sure. Being sad or upset does not affect a LDT, as it is not gauged solely by your emotions. If they are not involved, I hope they get their lil girl back, safe & sound. Just my thoughts on the case. I would also assume that the police would have already spoken to Dad's employer as to his work shift, and if anything seemed out of place.

I'm looking forward to hearing some more information on this, and will be following it closely.

SAP

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 10:32:52 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-teen-questioned-police-california-tip/story?id=14695496

Video at link. Also new: Police questioned a teenaged neighbor who was at the Irwin house during the day on Tuesday. The teenager knew the access code to the garage of the Irwin home. DNA sampling was done on the teen.
The other clue, police still investigating a tip of a young couple seen in Calif with a baby that resembled Lisa.

Warning: There is a self proclaimed investigator on the Net, Alonzo Washington ... visiting his site may give your computer an add on you don't want.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
okay either I am lost or I am missing something.  The link I saw showed the baby could no way climb out of that crib, on the top part of her head showed above the rails?  Where is the link showing the crib set to high up for a ten month old?  They said they searched the house first, which any normal person would if looking for a kid, then called the police?   Okay were is the suspicion there.  that is what everyone would do?  They have continued to call the police with names of any one who may have had any contact with them or the baby?  So where is the not co-operating?   I just don't see where any of you see this.  Or is this just based on the cold hearted cop that gave a statement?  just my opinion.  The father seems a little odd in the interview, but perhaps he is antisocial . 

SAP

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 10:59:31 AM »
All you need to do is go back to page two of this thread where a large picture of the crib is posted. It was taken by the news crew allowed into the Irwin house.
I usually go back a page when something is mentioned that isn't clear.

Just reading each article thoroughly will give you some info on why and at what point the couple were said to be not co-operating. I have read it several times but will explain it ... the father at one of the interrogations on Thursday felt drained and told police he needed a break mentally. He was seen leaving the police station alone while Bradley had stayed with police. It was after the father needed a mental/emotional break that police said the couple were not co-operating. After Irwin went home, and at some point when Bradley joined him, they were seen by media at the command post with arms flailing but conversations weren't heard. It was then that the tape came down and the command post dismantled.
Other than what is posted here, googling "Lisa Irwin missing" brings up a long list of articles, videos and pictures. Many of the articles are repetitious so they will not all be posted here.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:33:09 AM by SAP »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 11:14:29 AM »
Yes, that "crib business" bothered me as well. I wondered, how can a 10 month old baby get out of it's crib? I could understand the window being left open, IF THE PARENTS LEFT IT OPEN, although police did not say that the parents left it open. The missing cell phones do not make sense either, coupled with the theft of the child. Why, with the family being in such a deep sleep, the fact that they didn't hear anything, and the house ablaze with lights did not wake them up, I may even concede that possibly is the case.  However, to look and call out  for a 10 month old baby throughout the house, when the child always slept in it's crib, does seem very odd.  However, I may even concede to that, in thinking that the parent panicked and checked the house for the child.
First thing I would of done, would be to run to the master bedroom and get the wife out of bed, and ask, where is the baby?  He didn't do that.
So here I am left conceding to all of his explanations.....And the police are not buying it.  I don't blame them.

JB

SAP

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 11:23:54 AM »
Something is not fitting with the very early explanations. Eyes for lies made it clear. Bradley and Irwin are waffling. Irwin in one interview says he came home, checked the older kids and then the baby's room and then called Bradley. In a second interview he changes to we checked Lisa's room. That is not hard to remember under stress I don't think.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 11:34:35 AM »

Below is the link to a site that does statement analysis. There are some interesting comments made about this case on that site as well.

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/

SAP

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 12:00:19 PM »
Thanks Debbie, that link is very interesting and informative. I have had strange feelings about Irwin as well, as he very often will not meet eye to eye when spoken to. That raised my hinky meter. In a video is about the only place I actually saw his eyes.
And as the person on the link said, exhausted from what? Answering questions truthfully may be hard for some, but when it's exhausting it sounds like hard work remembering the exact lies.

SAP

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 12:13:40 PM »
Yes, that "crib business" bothered me as well. I wondered, how can a 10 month old baby get out of it's crib? I could understand the window being left open, IF THE PARENTS LEFT IT OPEN, although police did not say that the parents left it open. The missing cell phones do not make sense either, coupled with the theft of the child. Why, with the family being in such a deep sleep, the fact that they didn't hear anything, and the house ablaze with lights did not wake them up, I may even concede that possibly is the case.  However, to look and call out  for a 10 month old baby throughout the house, when the child always slept in it's crib, does seem very odd.  However, I may even concede to that, in thinking that the parent panicked and checked the house for the child.
First thing I would of done, would be to run to the master bedroom and get the wife out of bed, and ask, where is the baby?  He didn't do that.
So here I am left conceding to all of his explanations.....And the police are not buying it.  I don't blame them.

JB

Why concede? Gut feelings and the waffling statements have most people questioning this case. I think I would first check the house if a child was missing but very frantically. The other two children were older and what's to say they didn't wake up to baby's crying and go pick her up? So yes, checking first is not unusual.
Deborah said when they went to call police they found the cell phones all missing. Why throw that in? Deborah's brother on FB claims they still had another cell that Irwin used for work and he supposedly had it on him. It was his personal cell that was home getting re-programned.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2011, 02:01:44 PM »
Well I guess I pray to god none of your children go missing.  That would make you a suspect.  Just imagine how you would feel your kid is missing and the police think you did  it.  I think people should give this some time instead of jumping to the MOM did it or the DAD did it.  Let there be an investigation for reall to find this child praying she is safe.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »
I guess I should clarify my stance.  Giving the dad the benefit of the doubt on all things, it still does not add up to "in all probability",  that it happened as he claims.
This reminds me of the  Haley Cummings case, for some reason.
JB
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 02:40:34 PM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2011, 02:36:18 PM »
Actually Eyeswideopen, you cannot say that anyone of us have said the mom or dad are guilty of disappearing their child. The majority of posters find holes in the stories of both parents, as do persons who are dealing daily with people who lie and persons who study behavior and body language.
You can't say we are saying mom did it or dad did it as we are only pointing out discrepancies and odd behavior. I believe it was you who pointed at dad as well.
This is what we do on these forums and if you think this is bad, check out others. This is what we have been doing for years and occasionally someone like a relative will ask us to stop. For another poster to ask us to stop speculating and thinking, is a bit bizarre. You will find much worse on google if you bother to research.
I am posting all sides as you can see, that I did post an article which would pull the blame away from parents and onto a stranger or possibly the teen from the neighborhood.
We are adults here and we don't need to be admonished for doing what this forum is meant for and that is, trying to find the missing and murdered and who was responsible.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 02:48:52 PM by SAP »

MissB

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2011, 03:11:41 PM »
Ok, first of all, I at no time said that it WAS the parents, but the information I have seen thus far raises many suspicions, and it is a fact that the majority of children that go missing, do so by a parent or close relative. Sad, but true. Like I stated in my post, I'm sure it would be very upsetting if my child went missing, and they were looking at me or her Dad as suspects, but they have to start close and work their way outwards, and this includes clearing the parents of involvement first. Her failing the LDT raised concern within the case, and I don't blame the Police for that. Being a very recent graduate of a Law Enforcement course, I am quite aware of the processes and grueling tasks the Police deal with in these types of cases, and there are so many limitations to what they can and cannot do these days.

Secondly, let me be clear as to what I was getting at, in regards to searching the house. If I was awoken by my husband in the middle of the night, stating that my 10 month old baby was not in her crib, while everyone in the house is asleep.....how far could she possibly go on her own? If she was old enough to get out of her bed and venture the house, then I would be more apt to searching the home first, thinking maybe she went and curled up on the couch or something, but not a 10 month old. If she fell out of her crib, she would have cried, thus waking Mom or one of the other children, who would have alerted Mom. Call me strange, but in this situation, I would not have searched my house first. Dad checked the other 2 children first, who were sound asleep, so I would not have suspected either of them of waking up and moving the baby. Due to Lisa being sick, I would have gone straight to the Master bedroom to see if the baby was with Mom, and if not, 911 would be my first priority. On top of that, they stated that the phones were noticed missing "LATER".....so how long did they actually wait before calling Police?

Like I said before, I really hope the parents have nothing to do with this, but idk, the circumstances are very strange, and clearly I'm not the only one who thinks so. It would be careless to exclude them completely until they have more evidence, especially after Mom failing the LDT.

One horrific and heartbreaking example is that of a 6 month old baby girl, named Brianna.........sexually & physically assaulted for the entire 6 months of her life, and then killed.......and for those who are unfamiliar with the case, it was her Mother, Father & Uncle who inflicted the 6 months of torture on this lil angel. As much as people would like to think that parents could not be capable of these things, sadly some of them are, and its naive to think otherwise. RIP Baby Brianna & my prayers go out to the family of Lisa Irwin. May that beautiful lil girl be found safe.