Author Topic: Scott Kelly | Missing | St. John | August 31, 2011  (Read 7764 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Scott Kelly | Missing | St. John | August 31, 2011
« on: October 04, 2011, 09:25:51 PM »

Was Scott ever found? Were the human remains ever identified?

Remains found in St. John's park
CBC News Posted: Sep 9, 2011 8:47 PM NT Last Updated: Sep 9, 2011 9:49 PM NT

No clues confirmed in search for St. John's man
Searchers scour St. John's park for missing man
The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary says human remains have been found in an isolated area of a St. John's park.

RNC Const. Suzanne FitzGerald told CBC News a person walking in Bowring Park found the body in a waterway.

No other details have been released.

The RNC and Rovers Ground Search and Rescue had been searching the park for Scott Kelly, 39, who has been missing since Aug. 31.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2011/09/09/nl-remains-park-909.html

No clues confirmed in search for St. John's man
CBC News Posted: Sep 6, 2011 10:00 AM NT Last Updated: Sep 6, 2011 8:32 PM NT Read 12 comments12
A Royal Newfoundland Constabulary officer with the force's mounted unit joins the search for missing St. John's resident Scott Kelly. (CBC)

A mounted police unit helped reinvigorate the search for a missing St. John's man Tuesday, although there is no sign of what has happened to Scott Kelly.

Scott Kelly left his home early Wednesday morning and has not been seen since. (RNC)
Scott Kelly, 39, was reported missing after he left his home in the west end of St. John's around 2:30 a.m. last Wednesday. It's not known where Kelly had headed.

On Tuesday, police expanded their search west of Bowring Park and into Mount Pearl.

"Once we're done with this area, we will be looking at other natural trail areas in the city as well, because that is what Scott Kelly enjoyed, the trails," Const. Suzanne FitzGerald said.

FitzGerald said none of the tips received by police has produced any results. Police have been scanning surveillance videos from area businesses to help find clues.

It's not known where Kelly had headed when he left his home, but family and friends said he liked hiking on nearby trails.

Police said Kelly is about five-foot-seven, weighs about 175 pounds and usually has his hair in a ponytail.

When he was last seen, Kelly was wearing blue jeans, a black T-shirt, a blue fleece and a blue salt-and-pepper hat.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2011/09/06/nl-kelly-search-906.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2011/09/02/nl-kelly-search-missing-person-902.html

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kelly | Missing | St. John | August 31, 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 12:28:05 AM »
Sad News.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2011/09/13/nl-kelly-obit-913.html

Funeral planned for Scott Kelly
St. John's man reported mising on Aug. 31

CBC News

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 11:48 AM NT

Last Updated: Sep 13, 2011 11:43 AM NT
Accessibility Links

Scott Kelly left his home early on the morning of Aug. 31.(RNC)
The funeral for a St. John's man reported missing late last month is scheduled to take place Wednesday.

The family of 39-year-old Scott Kelly also plans to mark his death with a musical celebration at the Majestic Theatre Wednesday night.

Kelly, who was well known in the city's music community, disappeared early on the morning of Aug. 31.

Police used a helicopter and volunteer search teams over several days in a bid to find Kelly.

A body was discovered in an isolated part of Bowring Park on Friday, but police have not confirmed it was Kelly's.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:04:53 AM »
Wait I am confused.  A funeral is planned but I am seeing anything that says he was found dead? Or did I miss that.  I see the report of a body found but police have not said it was Scott.  He is only missing a few months?  Any tell me what I missed here Please

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 10:54:40 AM »
Even though it was unconfirmed that the body found was Scott, it likely was if a funeral is planned. In the past I've noticed that not much information is forthcoming if someone has taken their own life. I am wondering if that is the case here.

amIam

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 03:59:25 PM »
debbiec, yes, this seems to the rule in the area of suicide.
The intense LE search for him seemed of great importance as opposed to your average persons.
My heart goes out to Scott's family.