Author Topic: Jessica Marie Lynne Godin - Fatal Hit and Run  (Read 15274 times)

SAP

Re: Jessica Marie Lynne Godin - Fatal Hit and Run
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 10:26:41 AM »
This is horrible! I have the same questions as you all do; something does not sound right with the police explanation, nor how the mother of Jessica's friend reacts. If a guest at your house goes for a walk and doesn't return ... wait for 3 days? Unbelievable. How much longer would she have waited if the farmer hadn't spotted Jessica?
I've hit animals twice while driving at night in a car ... one was small, a porcupine and it did not fly into the ditch; the other was a deer. I was speeding and hit the deer with my left front of the vehicle and it catapulted over the car and remained on the highway. Is it possible that a truck hit would spin the body into a ditch? The sudden impact usually makes a body spin, imo.
A few years ago a young HS graduate was hitch hiking home near my home town. He was hit by a vehicle which kept going. All his clothes had been ripped off by the impact but he was found on the highway.
IMO, the placement of Jessica defies hit and run.

RIP Jessica.

amIam

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 11:56:13 AM »
The article states the waist high tall grass was pressed down in the direction of Jessica's remains.  I find this curious.

concerne citizen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 12:21:14 PM »
Ok I see I'm not the only one who doubt here.... Being from around there I know for sure the ditch is not close to the road... I mean a fair distance is from the road to the ditch.  Not sure for the one in Fournier but I know for most of those around Casselman... I just have a feeling something is wrong and very wrong... and as I state previously OPP around there are not use to investigate crime... one wonder if conclusion is just not a way of not investigating...  For sure would it have been my kids I would be on there back.... hope for Jessica her mom is on there back to investigate properly...and find the guilty one if it's a hit and run.... RIP Jessica and my sincere condolences to her family and all her friends

amIam

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 12:45:43 PM »
One would think the autopsy would have determined if Jess was a victim of a hit and run driver.  The waist high mushed down grass sounds very strange though.
How far from the edge of the road is the ditch??  Is this a secondary road, meaning one limited to 60 kms or one with the restriction of 80 kms?
I live on a 60 km country road, most drive at 80, at night it's worse with drunk drivers trying to avoid RIDE checks. 
At night, even the most observant of speed drivers have difficulty seeing on country roads.
Enroute to home not long ago, my son hit a 2300 lb cow that had escaped it's pasture.  It was just at dusk and he was just driving along at the speed limit of 60. It came out of nowhere, hit the driver's side front light and fender and cartwheeled down the road ending up in the opposing lane.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 01:08:53 PM »
It is true, amIam...the country roads can be brutal to drive at night.   In my area it's 80kh, then drops to 50....but it is soooo dark.   You drive along, getting used to the dark, then a vehicle or two come towards you, and it's back to trying to re-adjust your night vision.
If a person is NOT walking facing traffic, they are living dangerously. I appreciate the walkers that have reflective clothing or flashlights.

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 08:57:16 AM »
Jobo - a person would not call in a hit and run for several reasons... especially if they are drunk. If drunk enough they might not even realize that it was a person they hit or maybe just clipped her with the mirror or a truck.

SAP - lets hope that those close to the investigation have the same questions and are asking them. It really bothers me that she was gone for 3 days (with no personal belongings) and no one thought it was strange. How many women go away without their purses on a planned outting? A short walk yes - away for a few days - not willingly.

Concerne Citizen - you are not the only one with doubt. 2+2 does not equal 5...

amIam - you are so very right about country roads. I am hoping that this just turns out to be a horrible accident and some scared person did the wrong thing.

I do tend to agree with the majority here that landing in a ditch seems odd - not impossible if she was on the very edge of it. More likely it feels to me that someone knows that they hit her and moved her into the ditch.

SAP

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 10:53:15 AM »
From concerne citizen link previous page:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/technology/Accident+victim+missing+three+days+before+body+found/5455893/story.html

1. Grass had been pressed down beside the road into the ditch in the direction the body was found.
2. Police estimate the body was there for 2 days.
3. The lady of the house where Jessica was staying claimed Jessica was missing for 3 days.

Not sure how accurate police can estimate by a day, however the grass pressed down (and it stayed down) indicates a drag as far as I know. I believe a body would catapult, not leaving grass smashed down.
It could be a hit and run but the driver would have dragged the body off the road before escaping. I don't know how much experience those particular police have with death, and someone working alot with deceased may know for sure, changes in appearance after two or three days, but if police are spot on, it sounds intentional. Where (and with whom) was Jessica?
I'm not pointing fingers however it also seems a bit strange that the farmer who found Jessica, his ex mother-in-laws place was where Jessica had been staying and she was not concerned enough to report Jessica missing. I guess it must be a small community. Still police really need to scrutinize everyone involved there. Especially also the persons who needed help in getting their truck unstuck.
Yes Annastaisha, lets hope the police are asking all the right questions. Lets hope Jessica's mother finds this page and sees the doubts, and keeps after the police.

concerne citizen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 09:24:26 AM »
Jessica Marie Lynne GODIN of Casselman Ontario died as a result of injuries sustained in a hit and run between September 22-24, 2011. The OPP believe she was the victim of a hit and run. The Police are looking for your help

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHOUR7XhWnc&feature=youtu.be

discus

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 09:17:42 AM »

discus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 12:56:11 PM »
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Update+seize+pickup+truck+death+Jessica+Godin/5692223/story.html?cid=megadrop_story

The police must have suspected her boyfriend(for some reason I thought he was an ex) but haven't found evidence to substantiate it. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:59:29 PM by discus »

SAP

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 01:01:38 PM »
If Police had been able to examine the truck sooner, perhaps they would have found fragments of clothing of Jessica's. What a shame; no answers for the family. Someone knows something, especially the person who ran into Jessica. It's not possible to hit something the size of a person's body and not know it.

discus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 01:04:45 PM »
Yes no doubt, also if the bumper was damaged it could have been replaced/repaired in that time.