Author Topic: Jessica Marie Lynne Godin - Fatal Hit and Run  (Read 15001 times)

concerne citizen

• View Profile
Jessica Marie Lynne Godin - Fatal Hit and Run
« on: September 26, 2011, 08:05:20 AM »
Not sure this is poste where it should... if not can someone move it where it should be....

This is so sad... she was so young.... hope justice will be served.....

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Casselman+woman+found+dead+Fournier/5457011/story.html

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Body+Casselman+woman+found+Fournier/5455893/story.html

concerne citizen

• View Profile
Re: Jessica Marie Lynne Godin - Fatal Hit and Run
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:13:11 AM »

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 09:08:59 AM »

**just posting articles in case they disappear like they sometimes do**http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Casselman+woman+found+dead+Fournier/5457011/story.html#ixzz1Z4US3qrs

Annastaisha

• View Profile

Annastaisha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 09:11:18 AM »

Annastaisha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 09:12:50 AM »
Not sure if I'm doing this right, debbie is the picture genius

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 09:30:18 AM »

Thanks for getting all these articles posted Annastaisha. You're right, things have a way of disappearing off the net, so it's good to get them while we can.

Picture looks good too!  :)

concerne citizen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 10:13:47 AM »
Thanks for posting article for me... I will do same in futur... this feel so close to home.... I was born and raise in a little village just outside of Casselman, even raised my kids there left few years ago move to Ottawa... don't recall any murder really around Casselman... only thing we ever heard was years and years ago a woman found in the Nation river in Casselman and I'm pretty sure it's still a cold case.... My heart goes to the family of that little one and her friends... such a sad end...

Annastaisha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 10:27:09 AM »
Thats interesting in the first article with the guy saying the police were looking for his friends and the vehicle getting stuck in the park. I figured it would be a real short time before that article was taken down. Sounds like info that maybe shouldnt have gone public.

concerne citizen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 02:34:11 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2011/09/26/ottawa-fournier-body-found.html

Ottawa-area teen killed in likely hit and run
Body of Jessica Godin, 18, was found Saturday in Fournier, Ont.
CBC News Posted: Sep 26, 2011 3:26 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 26, 2011 4:02 PM ET Accessibility Links
 The body of Jessica Godin, 18, was found in Fournier, Ont., Saturday afternoon by an area resident. Hawkesbury OPP are investigating it as a hit and run. (Facebook) Related Story ContentStory Sharing ToolsShare with Add ThisPrint this storyE-mail this story.Accessibility Links Beginning of Story ContentOPP were combing through an area near Du Parc Street in Fournier, Ont., Monday two days after a body was found in a ditch. (Ashley Burke/CBC)Ontario Provincial Police are investigating the death of 18-year-old Jessica Godin over the weekend as a hit and run.

Godin's body was found Saturday afternoon in a ditch along Du Parc Street in Fournier, Ont., about 80 km east of Ottawa.

Hawkesbury OPP viewed the death as suspicious and now say they believe it was a hit and run based on results of an autopsy conducted Monday and evidence gathered from the scene.

Godin's friend Valerie Beauchamp, 24, told CBC News the Casselman, Ont., teen was planning to finish school this year and start working.

Beauchamp is also helping plan a vigil in Godin's honour Monday at 7 p.m. at 3129 County Road 15 in Fournier.

"I cannot believe how someone could do such a cruel thing to such a young person," said Beauchamp, who had not seen Godin in the past week.

"I speak to everyone and say we will get justice for you Jessica and all your family."

Hawkesbury OPP's crime unit continues to investigate.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the OPP at 613-632-2729 or Crime Stoppers at 613- 222-8477.

SAP

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 03:03:52 PM »
I suppose that would be the reason those fellows in the truck needed to get it unstuck and out of there fast. I can't help wondering if the hit and run was intentional, especially if that was not a place Jessica would normally go to. Perhaps there was an argument and she got out of the vehicle and someone was angry enough to run into her? Police better do some decent forensics.

My condolences to Jessica's family and friends. RIP Jessica. :'(

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 08:41:35 AM »
I am sure the cops are crossing their T's and dotting the I's at this time, an arrest will be made quickly.  That's what I think.

RIP Jessica

Annastaisha

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 08:42:04 AM »
Perhaps she went for a walk and was struck then... thinking she was only going to be gone for a short time. It would be interesting to find out if anyone reported her missing - such as at home where her purse was.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 09:29:34 AM »
Yes, Annastaisha.   If it was an accident, why wouldn't the driver call 911?  Was he/she impaired?   Is there damage to the vehicle?

I think the purse was at home, 'cause Jessica was just going for a walk.  My opinion only.
 The question I suppose is:  WAS this an accident?  Was it an impaired driver?   OR  Was it someone Jessica knew, that purposely ran her down?