Author Topic: ASHLEY JALBERT- Unexplained death January 10 2010  (Read 40239 times)

Jabber

• View Profile
ASHLEY JALBERT- Unexplained death January 10 2010
« on: September 02, 2011, 08:26:18 PM »
Hi everyone. I am obviously new here. I dont know if my case can be posted on this site or not. I will explain it to you first and then maybe a moderator can let me know. Anyway January 10 2010 my 23 year old niece was found dead in a motel room up in Sudbury Ontario Canada. Right away it was labeled as an overdose. Then when the toxology testing came back they changed it to accidental death because there was not enough alcohol or Oxy's in her body to kill her. After the family tracked a man down he came forward two days later and told police he was the only one there in the room and my niece asked him to take her there and take some private pics of her and have sex. This man was 46 years old. We did not buy that story because she left the house at 1:30 in the morning after a very alarming phone call. She was screaming and crying and ran out of the house. Her body was found the next day around 11:00 and time of death was estimated at about 5:30 am. Since this happened we have started a Facebook site called Justice for Ashley Jalbert 1987-2010 and In Loving memory of Ashley Jalbert 1987 - 2010. We have recvd all kinds of tips telling us that there were about 7 to 8 people in that room and  I have tried and tried to contact each person and not one of them will get in touch with me. There were a lot of mistakes made and a lot missed. I cant go into detail because I will be here for a week typing . If you would like to go to the Justice site I can add you andyou can read all the mistakes made and what we are doing now to try and get the case re-opened.Also let me know if I can post this under Ontario as a unsolved murder. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
Re: ASHLEY JALBERT- Unexplained death January 10 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 10:16:36 PM »
if there wasnt enough drugs/alcohol to kill her in her system.. what is the cause of death listed as then?

scotsquine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 06:55:29 AM »
Hi Jabber, I'm so glad you posted here.    There is so much help here, so many people with loads of info and talent.  I will be following this thread and praying that you find answers and justice for your neice.  This needs to be solved.  God Bless.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 10:00:21 AM »
Hi Jabber and welcome,

Sorry for the loss of your niece. It is my understanding from your post that this case is closed and you are taking steps to have it reopened. I don't see any reason why you can't post your nieces case on this site. Perhaps you could list it as an unexplained death, as her death has been labeled accidental. It can be listed under the Ontario section. That way you could tell her story and perhaps someone who knows something will come forward. That having been said, it appears that you have attempted to contact the people that were present that night and they have not responded.

I'm also curious as to what the cause of death is listed as.

Jabber

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 11:47:12 AM »
Hi and thanks everyone for responding to my post. The cause of death was put down first as an overdose. Then after 6 months waiting for the toxology testing they could not use that as a cause of death because the amount of oxy in her system was very minimal and she had about 1/3rd of a mickey of alcohol in her bloodstream. See as I have said there is so much to say but it would take me hours of typing.  The police told us the case is closed and they do believe the man in question was lying but because of his consistency to his story they had to let him go. Then they came back and said it was accidental death.  After placing two huge billboards up in the Sudbury area we started getting tips in and  a lot of the tips told us that it was foul play or murder and we were even given names of all involved that were there. Two weeks prior to her death she had several death threats and was tossed out of a moving car by a group of 4 black men. She obviously was running with the wrong crowd from what I have been told. She would not comply to what these men wanted her to do and was also beaten several times before this. The police said that they do not think these people had anything to do with it. She even had everrything that happened to her before her death in a diary and the police did not even question these people. So after a year of hard work and a lot of help I have been tracking down all involved and they will not speak to me.  Just recently the man who came forward has been seen trying to gain entry into my sisters house . We feel this is to try and retrieve taped recordings of him that we have. If you go to the site I originally posted and go to topics you can read the whole case and see just where I am at. I am trying to get this out to the public eye so I can get as much support as possible..My sister has had two meetings with the chief of police up there and he said if we can come up with some solid evidence we can open the case. Well we have a lot of evidence and they will not even return our calls now. I am kind of busy today but I am going to come on later tonight and place this in the Ontario section under unexplained death and see what we can all come up with. I thank you all once again. Any help is very appreciated.

Annastaisha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 01:55:29 PM »
Accidental Death would be the MANNER (natural, accidental, homicide etc) and the CAUSE (asphyixiation, overdose, heart attack, etc), both would be on the autopsy report. What I am asking, is if she didnt overdose, what did the autopsy show as what killed her?

Jabber

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 06:48:36 PM »
I know what you are saying but that is exactly why we and her family doctor questioned the autopsy because we asked the coroner and the detectives if she didnt die if an overdose then how did she die. Our answers were we have no idea that is why we put accidental death. My sister lost it and had to leave the room because in this day and age you  can pinpoint how a person dies and they could not.  Her nose was broken and her teeth were shoved into her lip and there were signs of petichia. I dont think I spelled that right LOL. We questioned the broken nose and the coroner said that can happen on the way to the morgue. Well that isnt an answer to me because if you would have did a very thorough investigation you would have noticed her nose broken when you found her. They didnt even test the clothes or shoes she was wearing. So we just had them sent to a lab in Toronto and should have them back in a week. There was signs of vomit on the center of the very back of her shirt. Now this matches one of the tips which told us a girl pulled her shirt over her head when she was being sick and held it on her mouth till she died. But there were tiny little brownish red dots all down the front of her shirt. Now if this comes back as her blood then her nose was broken before she died. We also were handed a pair of shoes that were 2 1/2 sizes to small and a cell phone charger that is not hers. Everyone that has given me info is scared of these people I am dealing with. One guy has packed his family up and left Sudbury because of this. I have two girls on the inside of this group helping me out right now and they have said they are even scared but will do this just so we can nail these people. Anyway have to run again. I will get on here as much as I can . Thanks

Annastaisha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 07:11:58 AM »
Have you considered hiring a private investigator? Particularly if this could get dangerous? Dont ever give up your fight for answers but, keep in mind your safety as well.
And, that is odd that they couldnt pin point what exactly killed her. But its not the first time and wont be the last that happens. A good friend of mine lost her son, it is on the books officially as ACCIDENTAL, (being struck by a train) however, even the coroner said there were injuries that occured around the time of death that are NOT consistant with being struck by a train but could not say how he received them and the police closed it off as accidental and just shrugged off the other injuries.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 09:16:52 AM »
from Jabber:
Her nose was broken and her teeth were shoved into her lip and there were signs of petichia. I dont think I spelled that right LOL. We questioned the broken nose and the coroner said that can happen on the way to the morgue. Well that isnt an answer to me because if you would have did a very thorough investigation you would have noticed her nose broken when you found her. They didnt even test the clothes or shoes she was wearing. So we just had them sent to a lab in Toronto and should have them back in a week. There was signs of vomit on the center of the very back of her shirt. Now this matches one of the tips which told us a girl pulled her shirt over her head when she was being sick and held it on her mouth till she died. But there were tiny little brownish red dots all down the front of her shirt.

These injuries are very troubling in the context of your post. They could be consistent with your niece being forcefully restrained. I'm wondering if your niece may have aspirated.

From what you've said it sounds like your niece was very upset when she left her home. What could have been said in the phone call she received that would have caused her to run out of the house that way? Do you think she was lured to that motel?

Jabber

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 09:51:51 AM »
Yes Debbie that is exactly what we feel. She had no intentions of going out of the house that night and her parents were in bed. Her stepfather woke to hear Ashley screaming and crying on the phone at 1:30 AM. He got up to make sure everything was OK and she left her coat and cigarettes downstairs on the coffee table and just ran out the door. Around 12 noon two detectives showed up at the house with the news.  We have a private detective working on the case. He is a 28 year member of the Metro Toronto Police. We also had another source which cannot be disclosed working on it.  And yes the things I am doing one would consider very dangerous with the people I am dealing with but personally I really dont care. Once this is all over and done then I can take the time to care.  There is one female that was in that room that night that knows what happened and she is doing everything possible to stay away from all call and confrontations. Her I am focusing my attention on because the female will break before the males do in all cases. And she has kids so I know I can break her if I can get her alone .We do knoe she does have a heart and we know that this has really bothered her so if my sister can get her alone she will break right down. Whats hard is we all live so far apart and I am coordinating everything from out of just east of Toronto and this happened 5 hours north in Sudbury.  Have to run for now. I have family in from out of town so I am trying not to be rude to them and stay on here LOL. I will be back on later and spend some time giving you all some more details so you can understand all of this a lot better. and thanks once again

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 10:04:38 AM »
Jabber - when you get the time, could you please start a thread for Ashley Jalbert in the Ontario section.  If you can lay it out in a timeline, starting from the beginning, then it will be easy for us to follow and get caught up.

Let's keep this in the media!

Jabber

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 12:51:29 PM »
I will do that ""MOM"". Just been real busy this weekend but this never leaves my mind. Sometimes I have to just get away from the computer because things you hear and getting nowhere drives you right crazy and just puts you in a rage. Let me see if I can do that now for everyone.

Jabber

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 01:44:22 PM »
I am doing this for my sister. My niece was found dead in a motel room January 10 2010. Right away the police listed this as an accidental overdose. After the 6 month wait that had been changed to accidental death because the traces of OXY were so minimal in her body. Also the alcohol in her bloodstream was about the equivelant of 1/2 a mickey. Ashley was at home Saturday evening and had no plans to leave the house. Saturday was January 9 2010. At 1:30 am her stepfather was awoken to Ashley screaming on her phone and crying. She ran out the door without her coat and left her cigarettes on the coffee table in the basement. That would be the last we seen of her. Her body was found Sunday January 10 2010 in the Moonlight Motel just outside of Sudbury . This is about a 5 minute ride from her home. 2 days after her mother was on the phone with the detectives and they were telling her mother the description of the car that was at that motel room . As her mother was speaking she noticed the car in question drive by her house. She ran outside and seen the car go up in behind a house up the street from her and a guy ran out and into the house. She said there was people looking out the window at her as she was up behind their house. Within hours she said the police phoned her back and said a man came forward who was 46 years old and told the police that Ashley had called him and asked him to take some pics of her and have sex with him. Well if you knew Ashley she wouldnt have anything to do with men of that age when she was only 23. The police said that they let him go because of the consistency to his story.  What is bothersome is there was no signs of sexual intercourse. That should have raised the first red flag but it didnt. Let me tell you a bit about the last few months  leading up to her death. Ashley and her step sister started to  dance or shall I say strip. They were doing it for awhile and met a few black young men up there. These men lived down here near Toronto. They took these girls away and brought them some nice clothes and had some good times together. Then they told the girls to head down to Toronto because they would make a lot more money. So Ashley and her stepsister came down here and started dancing in the west end of Toronto. After awhile these black guys asked the girls to start handing over a percentage of their money. Ashley said no and was beaten on several occasions. Then  these guys started to get her to do some drug runs for them. Ashley did one and something went wrong and her and her stepsister headed back to Sudbury. She was scared because she has it in her diary. Then her stepsister decided to start cooking up OXY's and injecting them. She did it to Ashley once and Ashley came home and told her mom she was messed. Her mother took her right then and drove all the way to Montreal and placed her in a rehab facility. $25,000 later Ashley was feeling great and phoned her mom and told her she didnt want to head back to Sudbury because these black guys would hunt her down and kill her. Her mom convinced her to go back to Sudbury. Two weeks back these black guys tracked her down and beat her in a car and tossed her from a moving car after placing a gun in her mouth. Ashley phoned her mother and they contacted the police and the police said your story sounds a little far fetched. Ashley said they told her that she better start doing what they say or next time they will kill her. So as you can see these guys were in a black street gang down here/ That I found out later through some tips. Within 2 weeks of that happeneing Ashley was found dead. Now since this all happened we gave it some time for the police to handle it and do their jobs. Well finally in October they came and told my sister the case is now closed. So my sister asked them how can they close a case when they dont know what happened. They said if we can come up with more solid evidence then the will look at re-opening the case. So that is when we started the  ""Justice for Ashley Jalbert 1987 - 2010 "" site on Facebook. Since this went up we have recvd a lot of tips which pointed us in a whole different direction. We had a lot of tips that people didnt want to be part of but thought we should know it was several black guys who did this and used the last man who came forward as a scapegoat. So now my sister got in touch with this guy who was last with Ashley and had quite a few meetings with him with a witness present and tape recorded all meetings with him. What some people dont know is that after this was closed the police gave back all belongings that were with Ashley that night to my sister. In those belongings was a cell phone charger that is not Ashleys and a pair of shoes that were 2 1/2 sizes to small. So in these meetings with this man my sister asked him on several occasions who owned the shoes and the charger and he will not answer those questions. So finally my sister knew he was lying and asked him if we were to pay for a polygraph would he consent to it. He said anytime. Well my sister had her private detective set it up and called this man and told him the date. Since then he left town and was never heard from. Since then I recvd a private email from a man telling me to create a private email address where he can never be linked to me because if they find out they will kill him. He told me to look at the Friday night before this happened and there were some pics taken and that is who did this to your niece. So I tried to contact him since and he will not speak to me again. So now this has been a long haul trying to find out who was present and where on the Friday night before this happened. Well thanks to a few good people I found out that there was a get together at another motel in Sudbury on the Friday night before her death. I now have all the names of most present. I have tried to contact these people and they will not return my emails . So being my sister lives up there she has tried to contact all of them and they will not return her calls either. So my sister decided to contact the chief of police and have a meeting with the coroner and the chief. That ended up going nowhere. She told them she has a lot of new evidence and the chief said to contact the two detectives handling the original case and turn everything over to them. So she has done this several times and they will not return her calls. So she contacted the chief and told him and he said he would deal with it. Well it has been several months and no one is dealing with anything. We are getting tips coming in and telling us the same people all the time. I now have girls on the inside of this group helping me out. Is it risky well yes it gets real risky at times but think if it was a relative of yours and you were getting nowhere. You would do the same . Now since my sister posted on the Justice site about having the taped recordings of the man in question he has been spotted with two other male parties trying to gain access into her home while she is not there. So my sister took the recordings and they are now placed in two separate safety deposite boxes in two different banks and she just had a security system installed to monitor these individuals. My ister will not report this to the police because she doesnt want the police to contact these guys and scare them off. She wants to catch them on the security video so she can have more evidence to keep on them. This just happened last week.. So as you can see I have quite a journy on my hands. I am sure there are some details I left out so if anyone has any questions at all please feel free to contact me privately or on here and I will try my best to answer everything I can. Thanks

Jabber

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 01:50:41 PM »
Sorry I forgot to put down the sites. You can gain access to this case on Facebook by going to ""Justice for Ashley Jalbert 1987 - 2010" and In loving memery of Ashley Jalbert 1987 - 2010" and Ashley Jalbert. Once you go into Facebook I can add you. If you are looking for me you can email me here or on Facebook. Just look for Robert Jalbert. I will be the one on the Harley. We have been on the news up in Sudbury and we have two billboards up there. The Fifth Estate has been contacted and the producers of 48 hour mystery are looking over this case to see if they will run an episode also. Any questions feel free to ask me. Thanks

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 02:56:56 PM »
Thanks for creating this new thread for Ashley, Jabber. I have now merged the two threads and re-posted an earlier post which spoke of the type of injuries that Ashley had. This will help get things up to speed for new readers.

from Jabber:
Her nose was broken and her teeth were shoved into her lip and there were signs of petichia. I dont think I spelled that right LOL. We questioned the broken nose and the coroner said that can happen on the way to the morgue. Well that isnt an answer to me because if you would have did a very thorough investigation you would have noticed her nose broken when you found her. They didnt even test the clothes or shoes she was wearing. So we just had them sent to a lab in Toronto and should have them back in a week. There was signs of vomit on the center of the very back of her shirt. Now this matches one of the tips which told us a girl pulled her shirt over her head when she was being sick and held it on her mouth till she died. But there were tiny little brownish red dots all down the front of her shirt.

These injuries are very troubling in the context of your post. They could be consistent with your niece being forcefully restrained. I'm wondering if your niece may have aspirated.

From what you've said it sounds like your niece was very upset when she left her home. What could have been said in the phone call she received that would have caused her to run out of the house that way? Do you think she was lured to that motel?