Author Topic: Dawn Eva Carisse-missing from north bay ontario for over 10 years now(2001)  (Read 14549 times)

nicbeau79

• View Profile
Just wanted to get the story of my mother out! Dawn Eva Carisse was a patient at the North Bay Psychiatric Hospital due to memory loss from a coma. We have no details other then she just "vanished" on aug 10th 2001. Any information about her ,even just people who may have known her(which would likely be nurses, doctors or other patients) is welcome

Here is a link to her missing person details http://www.nampn.org/cases/carisse_dawn.html

our facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/151921218201791/

and the news story that was just on CTV news http://northernontario.ctv.ca/northbay/index.html?video=525973

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn Eva Carisse-missing from north bay ontario for over 10 years now(2001)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 10:04:38 AM »
Hi nicbeau and welcome to the site. I've posted one of the articles taken from the link that you provided, in the hopes that more will read it. Also posted the picture of your mom. Hopefully someone will remember having seen her.

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 10, 2001 from North Bay, Ontario
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: February 19, 1958
Height: 168 cm. / 5'6"
Weight: 52 kg / 115 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dawn wore her hair with short bangs
when she went missing, has two moles on her abdomen and a faint scar on
her left cheek.
Medical Conditions: Ms. Carisse suffers from a mild form of depression.
Dentals: Available
Clothing: Dawn was last seen wearing a long pink dress.
The dress is described as having faint white flowers on it with
short sleeves, buttons on the front and a drawstring criss-cross on
the back. She was also wearing brownish/red closed-toe sandals.
Case Number: 003550800
NCIC Number: N/A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of Disappearance
At the time of her disappearance, Ms. Carisse was a patient at the North Bay Psychiatric Hospital. She was admitted there because she was suffering from amnesia brought on by an aneurysm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
North Bay Police Service
(705) 497-5555

Source Information
North Bay Police Service

http://www.nampn.org/cases/carisse_dawn.html

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 10:19:58 PM »
I'm not sure if I understand how she disappeared... did she just walk out the front doors one day never to be seen again?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 05:28:56 AM »
I, at one time made comments about how many patients went missing from the North Bay Psychiatric Hospital over the years.   Seems like more than normal.   I really question WHY??   Has there been any criminal investigations regarding all the disappearances?   As far as I know, this is the only hospital I have come across that has lost too many patients....over many years.
The OPP missing website has several names and faces of people missing from the Hospital.

I realize the hospital is north of North Bay....surrounded by deep bush.  But that still doesn't answer my question:  Why so many?

Sorry for your loss nicebeau...and welcome. 

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 09:44:10 AM »
Did she smoke? I think that the hospital is depending upon the location itself, to keep the patients in. Isolated and surrounding by bush. Probably few security cameras and little in the way of supervision. We have had a number of similar instances here in my Province, and the hospital is being investigated to see what changes need to be made to stop this from happening.  These were  very sick and vulnerable people in our case.

JB

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 10:11:22 AM »
from jobo:
I, at one time made comments about how many patients went missing from the North Bay Psychiatric Hospital over the years.   Seems like more than normal.   I really question WHY??   Has there been any criminal investigations regarding all the disappearances?

Even if there hasn't been a criminal investigation regarding all the disappearances (which I don't know) one would think that there would be a serious search for these people when they go missing. If they've never turned up anywhere, either alive or deceased, then where are they? 

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 11:15:16 AM »
We have two familes here who are still searching for their loved ones who left their mental hospital. Lots of improvements are needed.

JB

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »
you know I wonder if a lawsuit filed against the hospital might suddenly make more things come forward.  I mean how the heck could a woman go missing if she was in lock down.  I would have to think the hospital needs to be investigated perhaps she never left the hospital........sorry but I am from North bay and have heard a lot of gossip about the phyc hospital over the years.  My condolences on the life you have had with out your mother........keep the strenght up ........eventually you will have to get answers if you keep at it. 

nicbeau79

• View Profile
To answer a few of the questions, we have no details at all!! I do not even have a clue as to what could have happened, she should not be able to just walk out as it was a secure part of the hospital and she  should have had to be signed out.She was also a smoker and was allowed to continue smoking.

nicbeau79

• View Profile
We have considered a law suit against the hospital in hopes that it would atleast get some questions being asked. However my sister had contacted a lawyer and since it has been over 10 years she was told that it would be a hard case. I have read rumours about this hospital and have tried to contact some of the people who have posted about it online but have yet to hear a reply. Surely someone had to have known her, I am just finding a hard time locating anyone.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 09:22:17 AM »
nicbeau79:  Here is the OPP website where I originally came across missing people that were last seen at the Hospital.

http://www.missing-u.ca/MPs.aspx.     
You'll have to wade through it, as you might be able to track down some of those missing people's families.   Yes, a long time has passed since your loved one went missing, but you should still be entitled to some answers.   

What if there is a killer working at that Hospital?   I hate to sound so to the point....but what else explains these patients missing, never to be seen or heard from again?  Killers come from all walks of life. 
They either wandered into the surrounding bush and died from misadventure, or were murdered.   
So, if these patients wandered into the bush, was there searches done with tracking dogs?   I know it is heavy bush around there, but there is also a main highway ( Hwy #11).    Normally when a patient goes missing from a Hospital they are found....normally.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 09:40:23 AM »
nicbeau79:   Here is what I found on the OPP website (link above):

1)   Case #2010006OPP     Glen Warren Wesley                   2010

2)   Case #20090052OPP    David Chevier                           1994

3)   Case #20090050OPP    Russell Hoffert                           2000

4)   Case #200900490OPP   Dawn Eva Carisse                      2001

5)   Case #20090027OPP     Terry Zubko                              1982

6)   Case#20090026OPP      Norman Walsh                           1976

These are the missing I came across, although I think there is more I have seen in the past....

That is six patients missing since 1976....with NO answers.   To me that is unacceptable...the Hospital owes some answers, and so do the Police.

nicbeau79

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »
Thanks at this point I do not think you are sounding harsh, it just seems odd how many people vanish from the northbay area.Sadly myself and my younger siblings were young at the time and very unaware of her hospital life and I do not think she had regular family visits so she was a good target to just disappear.  I have read some disturbing messages about this hospital from other online sites but have been unable to contact the person writing them to see if she can give me any more details (The one writing it always signed it nance). Thanks for posting this link as it is one I have not come across before!

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
@jobo it's funny I thought the same thing when going through the OPP site, how do they have so little security that these people clearly who are mentally ill in one way or another are able to wonder off, their state may mean they can't find their way back, won't find their way back or may in fact be capable of hurting themselves or another (not every case but some I am sure!) it's sad. There needs to be BIG changes to the mental health care system in Ontario!

jobo

• View Profile
Is it true that hospital is now shut down?  That is what I am hearing, but don't know for sure.