Author Topic: Katelyn Markham from Fairfield Ohio - Found Deceased  (Read 20780 times)

soccermom

Re: Katelyn Markham from Fairfield Ohio - Found Deceased
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 06:49:17 PM »

Marcusdog --
were you able to go to the benefit? If so, or if you know someone who went, can you let us know how it was? Any new info or ideas communicated? I hope it was a good turnout. The report below seems positive (as much as one can be, with Katelyn missing so long):
http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Benefit-for-Katelyn-Markham-Search/Kjcy9P1fsEqjykJbAOT1bQ.cspx

Benefit for Katelyn Markham Search
Video   
The family of missing Fairfield woman, Katelyn Markham, gathered Saturday night to raise money for the national group that helped search for her. It was held at the Fairfield Banquet and Convention Center at Tori's Station. The money raised will go to Texas Equusearch and the church that served as a command post for the searches. Texas Equusearch spent several days in the Fairfield area helping to look for Markham who was last seen in August.

One of the organizers of the benefit, Beth Sargent, said she was very impressed with the turnout. Some of the money raised at the event will help to pay for fliers and billboards to keep her face in the public eye.

soccermom

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 12:54:18 AM by debbiec »

soccermom

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 12:37:17 AM »
WHY CAN'T WE SOLVE THESE CASES???

http://www.wlwt.com/news/29989731/detail.html
 FAIRFIELD, Ohio -- Exactly four months ago Tuesday, a Fairfield woman disappeared, and her loved ones gathered to mark the occasion with a vigil in her memory.

Police said there have been no breaks in the case, but those who've spent the late summer and fall searching for Katelyn Markham said they have no plans to give up.

"It's just something in my heart, I can't give up at all," said William Goins.

Balloons marked with messages of hope were launched into the sky by the small gathering.

"I don't want her to be another girl missing for two years, another cold case in Fairfield," said Lacretia Cook. "It's like she's this person that we never met, but we can't give up on her, like she needs us to find her, and we're not going to stop until we do."

Foot searches continue for evidence related to Markham's disappearance, although the number of volunteers has dropped from the hundreds to a small handful.

Police are continuing their investigation and are asking anyone with information about Markham to call them.

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/29989731/detail.html#ixzz1gg2CXfYF

Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 10:55:03 PM »
Isn't it weird how the dates of disapperance ALL HAVE THE NUMBER 3 in them? Wonder if this would mean anything to a profiler?

art-hu

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:26:27 PM by art-hu »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 12:45:12 PM »
Isn't it weird how the dates of disapperance ALL HAVE THE NUMBER 3 in them? Wonder if this would mean anything to a profiler?
You may have something there, this is very weird that you noticed this. I am not familiar with the proximity of these areas, cities or towns, are they located within a short distance of one another. I feel that it is someone that is stalking these women, they see them and possibly know their exact schedule. It is hard to know about people who are getting divorced though, sometimes that is suspicious because of the turmoil going on between the parties. I know a lot of you don't believe in psychics, but maybe one that the police use could throw some light on checking into the connection between these crimes.

soccermom

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 06:09:27 AM »
Hi everyone,

I read this online this morning from Bill Warner, a journalist-PI,  whose ideas about a serial murderer in the Ohio-ish area I posted earlier. Buster, your insight about the numbers was really, really smart. Maybe this can help the investigation (I hope). Here's BWs comment to the article:

BILL WARNER Feb 1, 2012, 1:42pm EST,  from:     http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981076363
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:13:32 AM by soccermom »

soccermom

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 07:28:25 AM »
How is it possible that we still have no word on Katelyn?

soccermom

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 04:53:04 PM »
The one-year anniversary of Katelyn's disappearance has come and gone with no resolution. It is unbearable that her father still has no answers. I'm not sure how many folks read Katelyn'd thread here, and I certainly don't mean to break any posting rules, but I will say that there is a lot more activity for Katelyn at the websleuths site. Again, it is not my intention to "promote" that site, only to steer folks who care deeply about Katelyn's case to where there is a lot of sustained discussion. I don't mean to curtail any postings here. i wish we were more engaged here as well -- but I know it is so hard with so little information.

Bumping for Katelyn.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 08:11:43 PM »
I always felt that Katelyn's boyfriend is involved in some way with her disappearance. He was the last one to have seen her and I don't know if he has been totally eliminated as a suspect or anything. The police usually look at the person that is closest to the victim. I think there is a possibility that is why this case has been not much attention made. Sometimes the police cannot do anything because they don't have anything concrete to arrest someone. This could be the reason this case is so quiet. :o :o :o :o :o

soccermom

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 08:16:35 PM »
Thanks, Cape. If he's guilty, I hope LE can gather enough to catch him. But if he's innocent, how awful that he's had to endure so much. I think what is so disturbing for me is that so many women have gone missing without a trace, like Katelyn, across that area recently. So it's hard not to worry there is a serial predator.

I have said once before in a post that I now wholly support having surveillance cameras just about everywhere. I know there is the danger  that innocet people will be under scrutiny. But, wow: if it meant we could find missing folks early and hopefully help return them safely, that's well worth our "civil liberties." MOO, 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 08:57:24 AM »
Definitely cameras certainly help a lot in solving a lot of cases. And it is unusual that so many females are abducted. Some are being stalked, I believe, like Holly B.  I mean her abduction was early in the morning. Katelyn's was late at night. So unless someone in Katelyn's apt building was watching her, this could be the case. If they were watching her boyfriend leave, they could have knocked on the door immediately after and she would have possibly opened it, thinking it was him coming back for something and then she would have been taken. But with no sounds of screaming or anyone hearing anything, it is a total mystery. The police cannot take the time to focus on a case they believe a person maybe responsible for, because there are so many others. But I believe they wait for that person to slip up, kind of watch him and look at his movements that he made before and after, if they feel he committed the crime. Then they just one day come and arrest that person. It has to be terribly hard on the families of these young women to have to go through this. :o :o :o :o :o :o

soccermom

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 09:03:01 PM »
Yes --
Cape, I'm not sure, but I think I remember Katelyn's dad suggesting something about the sounds of arguing heard by her neighbours the date she disappeared. I might be misremembering since I can't find confirmation of that yet on the "Net. If I find it, I'll post.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012, 04:06:11 PM »
Soccermom, I think you're right. I believe I remember that. I always felt the boyfriend could be involved in her disappearance. He was there that night and he was there late. He said he left and she was okay, but I don't think there is any eye witness to him leaving or anything like that. The police sometimes have their own ideas related to this case and I believe that is why there was no big deal made for a long time. Just another missing person, but so difficult for the family. :o :o :o :o :o :o

soccermom

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 03:04:33 PM »
I'm not sure if there is likely to be any connection to Katelyn's case, although in the report below there is the comment that the area where Chelsea Johnson's body was located in Fairfield is very close to the area from which Katelyn dispappeared:

http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/local/fairfield-police-close-to-arrest-in-chelsea-johnso/nTCXP/