Author Topic: Valerie Leblanc 18 -murdered -Gatineau, Que -Aug 23, 2011  (Read 167762 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Valerie Leblanc 18 -murdered -Gatineau, Que -Aug 23, 2011
« Reply #570 on: July 10, 2015, 08:57:58 AM »
The theory about the homeless person, I find highly unlikely, there aren't really any homeless people in the area. It's mostly apartments, houses , 2 colleges, a high school and a government school; nothing very "ghetto".
The links that they are trying to make with the attempted abductions are possible, but those happened in Gatineau, not Hull, the person would have likely tried something in the same area...
I've heard so many conflicting stories about the people who found the body, I really hope they have their stories straight and the rest was simply rumors.

The poster who went to class with Valerie, describes the types of residences of the  area.  There are no homeless shelters.

Also, there are posters who mentioned  attempted abductions in the month of \June. That is very interesting indeed.  Could there be any connection??

Could someone "fill us in" on those?

Thanks in advance.
/jb
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:17:57 AM by jellybean »

Livelife29

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 19, 2015, 08:07:52 PM »
The police seem to have ruled out the guy in the Ford who was preaching women.  There are photos of him n this thread. 

As for the neighbourhood, there could very well be homeless people living in Gatinaeau park..I volunteer with homeless people in Ottawa  and they move around a lot.  In the summer some of them live in tents.  The area has lots of student housing, nice houses, a grocery store, Tim Hortons , gas station etc.  I still have photos of the crime scene.  I should try to post them. 

So frustrating that we are still waiting for answers. 

Livelife29

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 24, 2015, 06:40:33 AM »
Interesting article in French.  In it, Sylvain Leblanc laments that Valerie called him the morning of the murder to come pick her up.  He says he had not had very much sleep and that he asked her to give him another hour.  He says that if he had gone right away she would still be alive. 

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-droit/actualites/justice-et-faits-divers/201408/25/01-4794384-meurtre-de-valerie-leblanc-la-cicatrice-est-toujours-vive.php

So, was he calling her all morning on her missing cell?  Why did Valerie's family not know she was missing? 

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 30, 2016, 03:14:43 PM »
Bumping Valerie's thread up.
This is the last article I can find that is dated in April 2014.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/04/02/group-extends-10gs-reward-in-valerie-leblanc-murder

Group extends $10Gs reward in Valerie Leblanc murder

BY DOUG HEMPSTEAD, OTTAWA SUN
FIRST POSTED: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 02, 2014 10:39 AM EDT | UPDATED: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 02, 2014 10:45 AM EDT

A Quebec youth organization has extended its offer of a $10,000 reward for information about the murder of Gatineau teen Valerie Leblanc.

It is at least the second time Jeunesse au Soleil has renewed its reward offer.

Leblanc was found dead in the woods behind her Gatineau college on Aug. 23, 2011. Investigators said "indignities" had been done to her body as it lay there, though charges were never laid against several people who were accused of doing so.

The primary suspect, or person of interest, is described as a white man in his 20s, 6-feet tall and about 200 lbs. He had a chubby face, pointy nose and pointed chin and a "rather peculiar walk" or limp, He had short, black hair and olive skin.

He was said to have a belly and a strong but not athletic build. He was last seen walking beside a black mountain bike, described as being cheap, with straight handle bars, mountain or hybrid tires and a black saddle with a red centre.

Police say the homicide investigation remains "a priority" and they continue to get tips, even though the death happened more than two years ago.

Gatineau police have worked with Quebec provincial police to process, validate or investigate hundreds of "pieces of information."

Despite requests from the Leblanc family, Gatineau cops continue to lead the investigation and do not plan to hand it over to provincial investigators.

In February, Valerie's grandmother Huguette Leblanc was critical of Gatineau police, saying the case was too complex for them. She launched a petition to have the investigation transferred, to no avail.

Anyone with information is asked to call Gatineau police at 819-243-2346, ext.6677.

doug.hempstead@sunmedia.ca

Twitter: @DougHempstead

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 24, 2016, 06:51:40 AM »
In the news yesterday, Valerie's mom put out another plea for answers to Valerie's murder.  This needs to be solved.

Sorry, I really can't figure out how to copy and paste news links on my iPad....
My daughter is coming for a few days, maybe she can show me..lol

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 24, 2016, 10:59:58 AM »
As long as the Gateneau police are handling this case, it will never be solved./jb

Despite requests from the Leblanc family, Gatineau cops continue to lead the investigation and do not plan to hand it over to provincial investigators.

In February, Valerie's grandmother Huguette Leblanc was critical of Gatineau police, saying the case was too complex for them. She launched a petition to have the investigation transferred, to no avail.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 27, 2016, 02:50:57 AM »
As JB brought to attention on another thread (Vanessa Marcotte/Boston) the MO of the killer is quite similar.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/08/09/search-for-killer-vanessa-marcotte-continues/W4RX4k7MOxCTEVYRUBFQSN/story.html

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 06, 2017, 06:30:21 PM »
quote Livelife29

Update:  Melissa Richmond of Winchester was found stabbed in a Ravine in Ottawa.  She was also a fan of role playing games and historical reenactment.  There may be no connection at all but I am paying close attention to the details as we have yet another young woman senselessly killed.

I do recall that Valerie was into Role Playing - and historical reenactment too!

Have the police checked out the role players of Valerie's group?

Or are they still concentrating on the guy with the bike??

One poster suggested that since her cell phone was missing, perhaps the killer knew her, and wanted to destroy any data of communicating with her on the day she was murdered.
Good point!!

Did police obtain her phone records and other data from her cell phone?

JB
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:42:53 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 06, 2017, 08:40:42 PM »
And her bus pass was missing - can't recall if it was a student bus pass or not.

So, the killer took her phone and her bus pass.  This means the guy is local. - not some stranger from out of province, and if a student buss pass, then chances are he is a student.

Question Mark - Question Mark

JB

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 06, 2017, 08:43:35 PM »
Gatineau police seem to be just grasping at straws...Earlier they were looking for a guy in a grey ford tempo.

Hi Long Gone - I missed out on the grey ford temp.  Can you recall where you read that?
A car is very interesting in this mix.
What a confusing mess ay?

JB

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 06, 2017, 10:38:20 PM »
Thank you Long Gone

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2011/08/24/18595136.html

OTTAWA - Gatineau, Que., cops are looking for links between the homicide of 18-year-old Valerie Leblanc and three attempted abductions of young women in June.

"We are looking at (the suspect)," one detective said Friday near the woods behind the CEGEP campus where Leblanc's body was found Tuesday.

Cops say Leblanc died from "severe head trauma," but aren't releasing any other details of the grisly slaying.

"If there are things that must be communicated to the population concerning safety, we will do that," said police spokesman Sgt. J.P. Lemay.

In June, police released a sketch of a man they say tried to abduct three different women on the evening of June 8. In each case, the man targeted women in their 20s.

He's described as white, in his late 30s and between 5-foot-11 and 6-feet tall, with a muscular build. He was driving a grey Ford Focus.

"Maybe his crimes are getting worse ... Escalating," the detective said.

Police are examining surveillance footage from the college to see if they can spot the Ford Focus in the area, but the detective said the man isn't the sole focus of the investigation.

Lemay also stressed no links have been found to date and there are "no indications of something serial right now."

"We are looking at all possibilities," he said.

Police have no suspects in Leblanc's death, something her cousin Pascal Durand said has turned the family upside down.

"I hope they catch the bastard," he said, at one point overcome with emotion. "I hope he gets the same."

Cops are also looking to other jurisdictions for any cases that might bear some similarities with Leblanc's death.

The investigation was hampered, however, because cops believe somebody tampered with Leblanc's body at the scene.

A second investigation is underway and charges of causing an indignity to a human body and obstructing the work of a police officer are pending against four people.

"They have compromised our investigation," Lemay said, adding cops face a lot of challenges in cracking the case.

Meantime, as cops step up patrols in the area, Lemay encouraged people to remain vigilant.

Though they cleared the scene Friday afternoon, police will remain there through the weekend from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. should anyone have any information.

Charlotte Dupuis, one of dozens of people interviewed by police so far, says she saw a man leaving the woods before Leblanc's body was found.

"I just know that it was a man, white. I'm sure he was in the CEGEP, so probably 18, 19," said Dupuis, who was sitting in her parked car sometime between noon and 1 p.m. Tuesday.

People can also call police at 819-243-2346, ext. 6677.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 15, 2017, 04:07:49 PM »
Valerie was murdered in 2011... this last spate of attacks on women this past June, is five years later, but in the same area.
If it's the same Perp, was he away for several years and just came back?
It does seem to be a different MO, though...as this latest perp is in a car, trying to abduct women, and Valerie was attacked in the woods.

Livelife29

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 17, 2017, 08:47:09 AM »
The painted 8, the invitation to meet in the woods from the ex bf who never showed up, the missing bus pass and cell phone indicate to me that the killer(s) knew Valerie and planned this out.  Random old dude in a ford focus is not going to park and stalk a girl in the woods on the second day of school.  There are cameras in the parking lot and there were lots of students walking around that day.  August 23, 2011 was a gorgeous sunny day and this happened mid day when the path and parking lot would have been busiest.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 27, 2019, 08:29:00 PM »
I have a thought.... The solution might be quite simple. Drug dealers,

I got to thinking about the area.  College, high school, student housing..... and woods as a meeting place to do the transactions.  Lunch hour - they would be
 waiting in the woods  for their customers.

A perfect set up for a drug dealer or dealers.

Valerie might have seen it take place, and she was turning back to college and was hit on the head to stop her from reporting it.

With this in mind, even the rest of the story now makes some sense to me.

Students would be afraid to "turn them in", so they kept quiet.

jb

« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 08:36:04 PM by jellybean »

Livelife29

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 20, 2019, 08:39:27 AM »
JellyBean...I think you may be right.  By the way, there is an audio series (in French) that came out almost exactly a year ago.  |I will find the link and post it.  I speak French but I find it hard to understand all the nuances. 

https://baladoquebec.ca/#!/repertoire/podcast/1802/synth_ses

« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 11:54:41 AM by Livelife29 »