Author Topic: Valerie Leblanc 18 -murdered -Gatineau, Que -Aug 23, 2011  (Read 164465 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Valerie Leblanc 18 -murdered -Gatineau, Que -Aug 23, 2011
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 09:41:03 AM »
Oh, I think the cops are, eyeswideopen.   Something is not sitting right with them.   The kid's stories are ringing alarm bells with the cops.   They are quietly getting to the bottom of that.
  I think they opened their eyes to the problems plaguing women in that area, as well.   The composite of the attempted abductions is out there now....Whether or not that composite is related to this murder, only time will tell. 
 The news that there was 3 attempted abductions, begs the question:   What would the perp had of done to these women had he been successful?   Was he going to kill them?

I think the press, unknowingly, brought out descrepencies and questions when they put these kids on camera.  ;)

SpamZelda

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 01:01:59 PM »
The raw interview disappeared when the last updates were made, can anyone find it again? I wanted to show one of my friends.
I'd also like to see the French interviews that Lisanne saw!
The theory about the homeless person, I find highly unlikely, there aren't really any homeless people in the area. It's mostly apartments, houses , 2 colleges, a high school and a government school; nothing very "ghetto".
The links that they are trying to make with the attempted abductions are possible, but those happened in Gatineau, not Hull, the person would have likely tried something in the same area...
I've heard so many conflicting stories about the people who found the body, I really hope they have their stories straight and the rest was simply rumors.
It's horrifying to know that this could happen so close to home and to a girl like that, she was in some of my classes last semester and it's very sad to think about what has happened to her.
Those people thinking it was a simulation for the school's police academy, they should have at least went to see the school's security office to mention it. It's sickening to think that they did something to the body which likely destroyed evidence or at least made the investigation that much more difficult.
Hopefully they have found evidence that they didn't relay to the media. The search in the Gatineau park ended last night. All there is left to do is wait and see. I'm hoping this isn't the work of a serial killer. No more walking/biking in those woods anymore.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:18:42 PM by SpamZelda »

Lisanne

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2011, 02:23:28 PM »
(...) I'd also like to see the French interviews that Lisanne saw!
The links that they are trying to make with the attempted abductions are possible, but those happened in Gatineau, not Hull, the person would have likely tried something in the same area...

I made a transcript of the whole interview "Josianne" gave to one of the local radio station the day after the murder.  She goes into a lot of details -- a lot --  and the radio station even edited parts of her interview because some details were too graphic.  She is one of the four who found the body and went back to the scene three times before calling 911, and I have my doubts about her...  I would be glad to post it here, but it's in French, of course, and I don't know if anybody can understand/read it.   :-\

As for the links they are trying to make with the man behind three attempted abductions of young women on June 8 in Gatineau, I have a feeling -- I don't know why -- that he's not involved, but I may be completely off track too!  Bear in mind, though, that Gatineau and what was formerly known as Hull are only minutes away.  Hull was part of one city now called Gatineau since the merger of Hull, Aylmer, Buckingham, Masson-Angers and the "original" city of Gatineau in 2002.

SpamZelda

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 02:37:07 PM »
Wouldn't the cops have asked them to keep the details to themselves in fear of compromising the case (not sure in which way)? I heard that one of the girls (not sure if Josianne was the only one), said that Valerie was wearing a skirt, in the interview, the guy says that she was wearing pants, there's a difference between the two... that same girl had said that Valerie had blond hair, in reality it was brown. I find that slightly strange.

The third time they went they even called someone else to confirm that they should call the cops. How could they be so ignorant? :( I know that you're not expecting to find something like that walking in the Gatineau Park, but come on!

I think that they were possibly smoking weed and not cigarettes and waited until they were a bit less high to realize what happened and call the police.

Apparently Valerie was in class at 10AM, according to attendance records, if they would have called as soon as they found the body at 1:15, the chances of finding the guy might have been better.

The guy who made the abduction attempts, it was near blvd Lorrain and such, I think he would have stuck to that area. Never know though. But with his sketch all over the media, he probably skipped town a long time ago.

Lisanne

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 03:02:52 PM »
Wouldn't the cops have asked them to keep the details to themselves in fear of compromising the case (not sure in which way)? I heard that one of the girls (not sure if Josianne was the only one), said that Valerie was wearing a skirt, in the interview, the guy says that she was wearing pants, there's a difference between the two... that same girl had said that Valerie had blond hair, in reality it was brown. I find that slightly strange.

The third time they went they even called someone else to confirm that they should call the cops. How could they be so ignorant? :( I know that you're not expecting to find something like that walking in the Gatineau Park, but come on!

I think that they were possibly smoking weed and not cigarettes and waited until they were a bit less high to realize what happened and call the police.

Apparently Valerie was in class at 10AM, according to attendance records, if they would have called as soon as they found the body at 1:15, the chances of finding the guy might have been better.

The guy who made the abduction attempts, it was near blvd Lorrain and such, I think he would have stuck to that area. Never know though. But with his sketch all over the media, he probably skipped town a long time ago.

Unfortunately, the fools had already compromised the case by touching the body, hence the pending charges against the four for obstructing the work of the police, but I guess they still needed their little 10 minutes of fame in front of the cameras.  >:(  I too am wondering why the police didn't tell them to simply keep their stories out of the media!  BTW, all the interviews have now disappeared, except the radio interview Josianne gave that  I was talking about in my earlier post, and the day after that interview, a judicial (?) journalist asked for another interview with her and her parents declined, saying she had already said too much.  It was about time!

I re-read your earlier post and realized you said Valerie Leblanc was in some of your classes last semester.  Just curious, but were you teaching in Gatineau?

SpamZelda

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »
I don't think they simply touched the body, or else it wouldn't be indecency to a body. They probably did something much worse. Someone at work said that since the body was on fire, one of them might have peed on it or something. I don't even want to think about it!
I'm almost surprised they didn't post photos online.

I found this video: http://en.video.canoe.tv/video/news/across_canada/1896809958/cops-look-for-links-in-gatineau-slaying/1130659341001/page/2

And I listened to her interview, she doesn't seem too shaken up for something that happened just a few days ago...

I'm a student at the Cegep, Valerie and I had 2 general classes together last semester. My teacher confirmed to me that it was her, I had just realized when I saw one of her photos a day later.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 03:34:40 PM »
This article calls it "causing an indignity to a body". Hard to say exactly what that could be in this case. It also strikes me odd that police are investigating charges of obstruction of justice. This must all be referring to these kids that finallyPolice want anyone with information on the crime to leave an anonymous tip at 819 243-2346 ext 6677.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1045175--body-of-homicide-victim-was-tampered-with-police-say?bn=1

click to enlarge

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 03:44:41 PM »
Spamzelda: Thank you for the link. Yes, this young man seemed quite calm and nonchallant about the whole incident.
Perhaps he is this way about everything in his life, and the attitude can be expected of him.
Yes, good plan on staying away from bike paths, etc, at least until this killer is caught. Try not to walk alone anywhere by yourself if you can avoid it.
Do take care!

JB

SpamZelda

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 03:50:11 PM »
She was found face down, maybe they turned the body, I also read that her hair was melted onto her face. That would explain the fingerprints and why it made the case tougher for officers.

And thanks Jellybean; it's kindda tough because I live right beside there, but I'm not going onto any unnecessary walks alone that's for sure!

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 04:10:24 PM »
When I clicked on the link SpamZelda provided I found the raw interview (on the right side) with the young male dressed in black T-shirt who was one of the four that found her.

look for video "Gatineau death witness: Raw interview"

http://en.video.canoe.tv/video/sexy/sunshine-girls/1896809969/gatineau-death-witness-raw-interview/1127222142001
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:29:20 AM by Trouble445 »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2011, 04:23:09 PM »
Spamzelda:  My breath catches in my throat when I think about the young ladies around there having to walk to and fro on their own. How about a buddy system? Can your school set one up? Universities and colleges do.

JB

SpamZelda

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2011, 04:28:23 PM »
Oops, didn't realize that the link wasn't directly to that video.

Jellybean: Yeah, I think they set-up a buddy system or something similar, it was mentioned in one of the internal messages we got from the school, not sure about all the details, I didn't go to school this week for unrelated reasons, so haven't seen/heard about everything that's going on there. There's also increased security (which I haven't really noticed around my place yet, but I've only been home past 6PM and that's when the last classes for the day finish).

SpamZelda

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2011, 04:39:24 PM »
Oh, and I do remember reading in an article that the number 8 was on a tree with colored ribbons around it, haven't heard about it since then, funny that that info disappeared from the media.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2011, 04:44:51 PM »
Could this mean victim number 8?

JB