Author Topic: Valerie Leblanc 18 -murdered -Gatineau, Que -Aug 23, 2011  (Read 160664 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Valerie Leblanc 18 -murdered -Gatineau, Que -Aug 23, 2011
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »
I removed a post I just put up because it looks like I am totally wrong about the guy interviewed.   I don't want it on here for all to read. lol....

Anyways, I just heard on the CTV news that the police are looking into 4 youths in conjunction with this investigation, tampering with Valerie's body, I think.   Tomorrow's news will tell if that kid is one of them. 

RIP Valerie.

Lisanne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 10:24:57 PM »
in the morning, but given what they saw on the scene and since it looked so unreal and staged, as per some of the interviews I heard, they believed at first it was a mannequin that had been put there as part of some kind of initiation for the students enrolled in the Police Technique at the school, for lack of a better word.

Around 1 p.m., some of them went back to the scene with someone else and one of the girls, Josianne, said she and someone else touched the body, hence the possible charge of tampering with the body.  Still, they were thinking it was a mannequin.  Finally, they went back around 3:30 or so and finally realized it was the body of a dead girl, and then called 911! ::)

The guy in the video is one of the four who found her and I agree with you he sounds weird in the English interview.  Though he was better during the French interview, he still didn`t seem terribly disturbed.  There was also a girl, another one of the four, who gave an interview yesterday and she didn`t seem too troubled either while she was describing the gruesome things she had noticed on the body.

I don`t know if their behaviour is due to the after-shock and realizing what has happened, but I agree it`s strange.  But the police says they are not considered suspects in the killing.

Anyway, whoever is the sadist that did this, he is still loose on our streets somewhere.  It can be anyone and it is frightening..!!

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 05:27:57 AM »
Welcome Lisanne...and thanks for posting.    We need more people from Quebec....and I am glad you have joined, just wish it wasn't such sad circumstances.   
I agree they need to find the perp quickly.   

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 02:06:44 PM »
I am wondering if perhaps this was  an adult, a homeless type who has taken to lurking around the campus upon the recent  school opening. Perhaps something happened and he was frightened off?

JB

Lisanne

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 04:54:41 PM »
The more I think about the stories the four students who found the body have told on and off camera, the more things don't add up.  They offer a lot of details, but at times they contradict one another on particular points and they all seem quite detached from the situation, almost too detached...  What some people are beginning to wonder is that maybe this is not the doing of a sadistic killer, but that some kind of initiation took place and it went wrong and one or some of the four students have something to do with what happened.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 05:18:57 PM »
These kids may have caused an indignity to a dead body.   That is what they might be guilty of.   I am just surmizing here, I could be way off.

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 07:02:44 PM »
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/08/24/18595136.html

Aug 26, 2011
 Cops look for links in torched teen case
By JUSTIN SADLER, QMI Agency

OTTAWA - Gatineau, Que., cops are looking for links between the homicide of 18-year-old Valerie Leblanc and three attempted abductions of young women in June.

"We are looking at (the suspect)," one detective said Friday near the woods behind the CEGEP campus where Leblanc's body was found Tuesday.

Cops say Leblanc died from "severe head trauma," but aren't releasing any other details of the grisly slaying.

"If there are things that must be communicated to the population concerning safety, we will do that," said police spokesman Sgt. J.P. Lemay.

In June, police released a sketch of a man they say tried to abduct three different women on the evening of June 8. In each case, the man targeted women in their 20s.

He's described as white, in his late 30s and between 5-foot-11 and 6-feet tall, with a muscular build. He was driving a grey Ford Focus.

"Maybe his crimes are getting worse ... Escalating," the detective said.

Police are examining surveillance footage from the college to see if they can spot the Ford Focus in the area, but the detective said the man isn't the sole focus of the investigation.

Lemay also stressed no links have been found to date and there are "no indications of something serial right now."

"We are looking at all possibilities," he said.

Police have no suspects in Leblanc's death, something her cousin Pascal Durand said has turned the family upside down.

"I hope they catch the bastard," he said, at one point overcome with emotion. "I hope he gets the same."

Cops are also looking to other jurisdictions for any cases that might bear some similarities with Leblanc's death.

The investigation was hampered, however, because cops believe somebody tampered with Leblanc's body at the scene.

A second investigation is underway and charges of causing an indignity to a human body and obstructing the work of a police officer are pending against four people.

"They have compromised our investigation," Lemay said, adding cops face a lot of challenges in cracking the case.

Meantime, as cops step up patrols in the area, Lemay encouraged people to remain vigilant.

Though they cleared the scene Friday afternoon, police will remain there through the weekend from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. should anyone have any information.

Charlotte Dupuis, one of dozens of people interviewed by police so far, says she saw a man leaving the woods before Leblanc's body was found.

"I just know that it was a man, white. I'm sure he was in the CEGEP, so probably 18, 19," said Dupuis, who was sitting in her parked car sometime between noon and 1 p.m. Tuesday.

People can also call police at 819-243-2346, ext. 6677.   ( I am looking for the sketch released in June by police )

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 07:06:33 PM »
I found sketch at this site guys

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110616/OTT_abductions_110616?hub=OttawaHome

Gatineau police release sketch of attempted abduction suspect

Updated: Thu Jun. 16 2011 5:08:43 PM
ctvottawa.ca

Police have released a sketch of a man suspected in three attempted abductions of young women in Gatineau last week.

The incidents occurred on the evening of June 8 in the Maloney Boulevard area, and in Pointe-Gatineau.

A third possible case was reported to police by witnesses on Notre Dame Street, near Lorrain Boulevard. However, the alleged victim in that incident has not come forward.

The suspect is described as a white man between 36 and 40 years old. He is between five-feet-eleven and six-feet tall with a muscular build. He was driving a small grey vehicle.

Police believe he was behind all three incidents. In each case, the women managed to escape.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Gatineau police at 819-243-2345, ext. 6049.

Debbiec if you would be so kind to assist with pic again I would appreciate it, Thank in advance.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
Gatineau Police have released this sketch of a man they believe was behind three attempted abductions of young women on June 8.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 09:09:09 PM »
On post #19, I wondered if it is an adult, although I suggested homeless.  At least the police have a perp in mind, although they probably do not have a name to go with the sketch.
They may even be checking half way houses and shelters within that district, as far as we know.
Such a loss of a beautiful life.
JB

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 06:00:18 AM »
If my Google-map took me to the right area.....wow....they have lots of apartments and townhouses around....lots of people to look at. I tried to google the other areas, they are within 20 km. of the school. 

Jellybean, looks like the cops are looking for a 36-40 year old man, so you seem to be on the right track.  The composite is a good one, I think, guess we won't know until the perp is caught.   

Seems to me he is taking huge risks....behind a school yard in broad daylight, is very risky.    I hope every guy in a little grey car is looked at by the police.   

Did you notice the young witness saying she saw a young guy come out of the woods....that may be the young guy they need to look at for tampering.

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 06:47:26 AM »
FYI guys, just so everyone understands:
I'm sorry if my first post about this guy in the sketch led anyone to think the police have one distinct suspect in mind.
The police are looking at his possible connections or links to Valerie's murder.
This guy pictured above is a suspect in the three previous attacks in June and police have not linked him to the murder of Valerie.
Remember there was also another younger man seen around the crime scene also and many other tips are still coming in.
Police are looking at all credible tips and scenarios at this time.
This is a very active ongoing investigation and we should not jump to conclusions that this one particular guy is the perp in Valerie's case.
This guy in the sketch could be a break in the case or he just may be a perp in a totally different set of crimes unrelated to what happened to Valerie.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 07:03:31 AM »
Right on.
The composite is of a guy they are looking for in relation to 3 attempted abductions.  Not necessarily the perp in Valerie's murder. 
I will go with the possibility it could be the same guy in all 4 incidents.   I am thinking he tried 3 times, and the fourth time he succeeded. 
The attempted abductions are in the general vicinity of Valeries murder, but we are looking at a spread of almost 20kms along the Ontario/Quebec border.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 09:32:36 AM »
Not sure why the police are not taking a closer look at the four that found her, they certainly seem hardened enough for this in there interview, no empathy or fear, infact seem to find it funny almost.  As for the going back three or four times , not bying that one surely one of them had the sense to tell some one or report it or something.  You can smell flesh burning thats for sure.  Only kids could be cruel enought to inflict some of the damage, I believe as sometimes they have no real concept of things until they are older.  Just my opinion