Author Topic: Valerie Leblanc 18 -murdered -Gatineau, Que -Aug 23, 2011  (Read 162385 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Valerie Leblanc 18 -murdered -Gatineau, Que -Aug 23, 2011
« on: August 25, 2011, 07:02:47 AM »
Yesterday on MSN News...there was an article about the discovery of Valerie Leblanc's broken and burned body, in Hull Quebec.   She was 18 years old and missing for a few days when a few students went down the path in the woods behind the school to have a smoke, and saw her body.   Her ex-boyfriend has been ruled out.
  The article goes on to state that another body had been found in that location, a year earlier.
It said something like:  A dead body had been found in that area a year previous, but was ruled "An Attempted Suicide".   What?    That does not make sense.   If they found a dead body, and they rule it was suicide, why attempted??  Do they even have that right?    Was the first body a suicide?
Another thing:  We don't have any posters on this forum that keep us informed of Quebec's crimes.   We need more members, Quebecers...

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile
Re: Valerie Leblanc 18 -murdered -Gatineau, Que -Aug 23, 2011
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 08:35:21 AM »
jobo this is the story of the first incident.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2010/03/03/gatineau-burned-woman.html
Before losing consciousness, the woman told the students there were other victims in the woods of Gatineau Park.

*****I can't help but wonder about the comment the first victim made before she died and the LE call it a attempted suicide?  It does not make sense to me,  now to have a similar occurrence? Something is off about this, Really off! I take it that since LE labeled it attempted suicide that this first young lady is still alive?, if so where is she now?

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 08:36:11 AM »
It really does NOT make sense does it?    Thanks Trouble445.  That article dated 2010 doesn't make sense, neither did the one I read on MSN news yesterday.   Something stinks in Hull, Quebec.

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 08:36:51 AM »
jobo, I agree something stinks, I hope different LE officers are looking into this and re-interview the first victim. It sounds like the first LE officers either did not believe her or she may have been scared of whoever did it to her to cooperate and changed her story to officers to say she did it to herself.
There is a 3rd possibility,
that she maybe did try suicide before and could be involved in the second incident as an assailant but that seems so far fetched to me, but there are female killers so .....I am probably wrong on the 3rd idea, Gawd, I sure hope so.

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 08:37:44 AM »
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/08/24/18595136.html

Quebec student's body beaten, burned
By LARISSA CAHUTE, QMI Agency

OTTAWA - The first hint Valerie Leblanc's family had that something awful had happened was when the teen's backpack was found Tuesday near the trail where her burned and battered body was later discovered.

The bag, found by a cleaner in a Gatineau, Que., field behind de l'Outaouais college, contained contact info for Leblanc's family.

When Huguette Leblanc - Valerie's grandmother - met the man to collect the bag, she realized the only thing Leblanc had on her was her cellphone, so she went down to the trail.

That's when she saw police had the area cordoned off.

She described Valerie to the cops.

"But they didn't talk - they had to protect the investigation," she said.

Huguette didn't know her granddaughter's body was lying just a few feet away, but "she had a feeling," she said.

Huguette's son didn't have any more luck with the cops and the family was left to read the news of the grisly discovery in the next morning's paper.

Witnesses who found 18-year-old Valerie's burning body in the woods called the scene horrible.

Police are calling it Gatineau's first homicide of 2011.

The smell of smoke alerted a group of four teens to the horrific scene as they walked along a trail smoking cigarettes Tuesday afternoon.

At first they thought it was from an overnight bonfire, but instead they found Valerie, lying face-down in the dirt, her clothes charred, her corpse still aflame.

"At first we didn't think it was real, thought it was a simulation from the school but it was a girl and there was still fire on her. She was in real bad shape," Domaneck Arsenault, 18, an Algonquin College student, told QMI Agency.

"Her clothes were melted on her" and her pants were "off a little," he added

Josianne Tardif, 17, said the young woman was covered in blood, her legs twisted and wrists badly bruised. She described the smell as burning plastic.

"Honestly, it was horrible," she said.

Arsenault said it was likely they came across the scene not long after the killer had left.

"Maybe we walked by him," Arsenault said.

Leblanc, a second-year student, had attended school Tuesday and had recently split from her boyfriend, who cops say is not a suspect.

"We're looking at all the options right now," Sgt. J.P. Lemay said when asked if the killing might be random. "I'm not saying that we're dealing with a predator."

Lemay said there were obvious signs of violence, but wouldn't say whether the victim had been sexually assaulted. An autopsy was conducted in Montreal Wednesday.

Leblanc's uncle, Serge Gernain, believes she was dragged into the woods. He said she would never wander there by herself.

"She was a very good girl - no drugs, no nothing, always cautious," he said. "She didn't go in the woods - they brought her there."

*** I am shocked that the family had to read about this in the paper! Why did the police not contact them? WOW!

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 08:39:50 AM »
Isn't that just heartbreaking?   Thanks so much for posting these articles.   Now to try and make sense out of these 2 horrible stories.
Same location, a year apart.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 08:57:06 AM »
Thanks Trouble445.....I was able to remove most posts, except the first one.   I appreciate you taking the time to help out this old dog....;)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 09:21:36 AM »

Good work guys! I've merged the two threads. You can go ahead and remove which ever posts you wish now.  :)

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 09:25:57 AM »
thanks for the help debbiec, you are a real gem! ;D

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 09:28:06 AM »
YW  :)

Trouble445

• View Profile

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/08/24/18595136.html

raw interview with one of the young men that found her on this link.
Is it just me or does he appear to find the situation funny?
And how does he seem to know she was dead two hours before the fire? he said she was still on fire when they found her.

hajc12

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 11:31:21 AM »
He does seem a little awkward when speaking... It could just be that the interview is in English. It is hard sometimes for people to speak another language and express appropriate emotions at the same time. The two hours thing is odd as well. He could just be hypothesizing though.....

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 11:53:12 AM »
It seems that he doesn't feel the empathy that he should....he is more 'high' on the fact that he was one of the kids that discovered such a gruesome scene.   The reality of the situation probably has not hit him.   And the 2 hour comment is something he probably heard.   Maybe the cops, during the interview somehow alluded to the timeframe by questionning the guy's whereabouts.   When asked questions about what the scene was like....his brow is forrowed and he looks like he is re-living what he saw.  (how really disturbing it is).   I think that is appropriate behavior for someone that came across this by accident.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 02:08:29 PM »
Well I don't know about any one else, but I don't find it appropriate behaviour.  He said nothing about it bothering him, has to really work to keep his face straight.  His English is very good, Gatineau most can all speak english very well, My oldest lived in Ottawa for near on ten years and I visited regularly and we always went over to Gatineau and never found a soul that did not speak English but forgive me Quebecers lol for this but did find a lot of strange people lol.  It is a well known fact that murders in both Ottawa and Gatineau never get solved, or if they do the accused is some one the police want to get ride of .  Just my opinion thought.