Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Dana TURNER - 31 - Missing - Aug 14, 2011 - Edmonton, AB - Murdered  (Read 37526 times)

scotsquine

• View Profile
Taken from today's SUN classifieds.  Last seen at Quality Inn West Harvest on 178 st and Stony Plain Road at 7:02am with a man with tattoos.  Last cell phone tower used was Downtown Calgary, driving blue Mazda from Discount Car Rentals LIC: J22 840.  5' 7", 155 lbs, age 31, medium brown long wavy hair, brown eyes, might be wearing blue jeans and black jacket with white cross and VICTORIOUS written on the back.  Please call Ft Sask RCMP at 780-992-6100.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Dana TURNER - 31 - Missing - Aug 14, 2011 - Edmonton, AB - Murdered
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:48:16 PM »
Dana Turner is pictured below.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 03:56:36 PM »
Here is a bit more info on Dana - and on another link, her family belives that Dana is in danger

http://forums.weddingbells.ca/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3496505

My Co Worker sister is missing, please if you see her, please report it. I heard she has 3 kids.

MISSING Person DANA TURNER Missing since August 13th 2011 from Edmonton Alberta last suspected location, Calgary/ Crossfield Alberta. Driving blue Mazda from Discount Car rentals. LICJ22840. 5ft 7" 155lbs, age 31 light brown long wavy hair, brown eyes, medium build, anyone with any information about her whereabouts is urged to call Ft. Sask. RCMP. 780-992-6100

Newspaper Ad ID: 5599050
Ad number: 46549312-0200-0225

http://edmontonsun.classifiedextra.ca/cgi-bin/search/index.cgi

******UPDATE********

Well she is still missing, I spoke to my co worker today, we were both crying in the street, Its been 10 days.

There has been no activity on her credit card and cell phone activity.

She has done drugs so the police involvement is little

Her car was in the repair shop hence why she had a rental car.

They are extremely worried as her boyfriend put her in the hospital and he just got out of jail friday and she went missing saturday so they fear the worse.

Her oldest kid is nine years old. (she has 3)

They changed the location of where she was last seen with her debit card Quality Inn West Harvest at 178 St. and Stony Plain Rd
as the cellphone last know location was crossfield/calgary.

Please anyone keep your eyes out.

THANK YOU!

Edited by caserulzall (08/22/11 04:15 PM)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:03:55 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 01:22:22 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2011/08/25/edmonton-dana-turner-missing.html
Missing woman alert took too long, family says CBC News

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 7:51 PM MT

Last Updated: Aug 25, 2011 7:51 PM MT
Accessibility Links

The family of a missing Fort Saskatchewan woman says the RCMP didn't alert the public fast enough about her disappearance.

Dana Jane Turner, 31, was last seen on Aug. 14. RCMP issued a missing persons bulletin Wednesday night.

Turner's mother, Wendy Yurko, believes RCMP should have acted sooner to help find her daughter.

"The most frustrating part is being told by RCMP officers in Fort Saskatchewan is that they've already done everything they can when I don't feel that almost anything was done," she said. "I do not feel that anyone took this seriously."

Dana Jane Turner, 31, was last seen on Aug. 14 in Edmonton. RCMPTurner was last seen at 7 a.m. on Aug. 14 at the Quality Inn West Harvest in Edmonton with an unknown man. She was driving a Discount rental car, a 2011 blue four-door Mazda A3I, with Alberta licence plate J22840.

Turner left her mother's home without calling her three children currently visiting relatives outside of Alberta, and without her thyroid medication.

"She's really sick... and it's left at her mom's. She hasn't had it in 12 days, so she's dying right now without it," her friend Rachelle Leger said. "She could have been saved in the first couple of days, but not enough was done I don’t think."

Turner is described as approximately 5 foot 7, about 155 pounds with long, curly medium brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a brown jacket and blue jeans.

Anyone with information about Turner's whereabouts is asked to call Fort Saskatchewan RCMP at 780-992-6100 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Accessibility Links
Story Social Media

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 01:29:43 PM »

http://www.metronews.ca/edmonton/local/article/952888--rcmp-probing-woman-s-disappearance-from-city

RCMP probing woman’s disappearance from city

SHELLEY WILLIAMSON

METRO EDMONTON

Published: August 26, 2011 2:01 a.m.

Last modified: August 26, 2011 2:03 a.m.

Fort Saskatchewan RCMP and family members are hoping the public’s help can bring a happy ending to the search for a 31-year-old woman last seen Aug. 14.

Dana Jane Turner was last seen at the Quality Inn West Harvest in Edmonton around 7 a.m. with an unknown man. She was reported missing Aug. 16.

RCMP spokesperson Const. Martin Miville said police are working with her family, who consider Turner’s disappearance “very out of character”.

“We are very concerned,” said Miville, adding tips have started trickling in during the last few days about Turner’s possible whereabouts.

Miville would not say if police believe Turner met with foul play or what role the man she was last seen with might have played in her disappearance two weeks ago.

Anyone with information is asked to call Fort Saskatchewan RCMP at 780-992-6100 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477(TIPS).

What is known
 • Dana Turner was reportedly driving a rental car from Discount, a blue Mazda A3I with four doors and Alberta licence plate # J22840 when she disappeared.

• Friends have created a Facebook site, The Search for Dana Turner, which had over 300 members and hundreds of posts by Thursday.

• Dana Turner is described as standing five-foot-seven, weighing 155 pounds, with medium brown curly hair. The mother of three was last seen wearing a brown jacket and blue jeans.

• Posts on the Facebook site dedicated to her say her cellphone’s last known location was in the Crossfield or Calgary area, and her credit cards have not been used.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 02:12:55 PM »
It is the fact that she was with a boyfriend :who just got out of jail, that alarms me. Perhaps there were people who wanted to "even a score" with him. Whatever it is, I saw a plea from her sister last evening on the news, and Dana is well loved, and her sister stated that Dana would never abandon her children.
The family is desperate in finding her.

JB

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 02:46:59 PM »
It says her last cell phone's last known location was Calgary/Crossfield.  Crossfield is almost 50 km north of Calgary.   Back in the days I lived out that way, it was all farms around that area.
It does not sound good that Dana has not contacted home and her kids.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 10:25:02 AM »
I've taken the liberty of posting the picture of the car, which is from the link provided above by SAP.

Mazda 3 - 4 doors sedan (not the hatchback model). Blue in colour Alberta licence plate # J22840. Discount Car rental sticker on back bumper.

click to enlarge

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 11:14:45 AM »
There was also a correction of sorts in the last appeal.  She was not seen with her bf at the hotel.  She was seen with a stranger. Who reported this? -- Can we assume that she was known at this hotel and perhaps it was an employee or a patron who knew her??  Someone reported it.

JB

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 11:15:59 PM »

Where are you Dana? PLease contact your family. If you were upset about something, kindly contact them and let them know that you are okay.  They are worried sick about you. :(

JB
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:19:07 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 05:25:37 PM »
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Edmonton+station+video+could+shed+light+woman+disappearance/5328416/story.html

Edmonton gas station video could shed light on woman’s disappearance

By Julianna Cummins, edmontonjournal.com August 30, 2011 2:05 PM

EDMONTON - Surveillance video from a west-Edmonton gas station is the latest clue police have in the case of a missing Fort Saskatchewan woman.

Dana Jane Turner, 31, was reported missing Aug. 16 to Fort Saskatchewan RCMP. At first, police believed she was last seen about 7 a.m. Aug. 14 at the Quality West Harvest Hotel in Edmonton.

Surveillance video taken about 5 p.m. that same day shows Turner at a Domo Gas station at 17765 98A Ave., RCMP Sgt. Tim Taniguchi said.

In the images from the video, Turner is wearing a dark jacket with a Celtic cross on one sleeve. The jacket also has a large patch on the front.

“It gives people a chance to see something to tweak their memory a bit,” Taniguchi said. It appears she is alone when she enters the gas station.

Turner was last seen driving a Discount Car rental, a blue 2011 four-door Mazda A3 with Alberta licence plate J22840. Police say she was with an unknown man.

Turner is about five-foot-seven, with a medium build, light brown long, wavy hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a brown jacket and blue jeans.

jcummins@edmontonjournal.com

© Copyright (c) The Edmonton Journal

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 11:39:43 AM »
So she was still in Edmonton at 5pm that day.
Would she normally call her family and tell them where she was heading? Eg. Mom I am going to Calgary, and will be back.......?
Or would she have  gone to Calgary, and called home from there?
She has been gone for such a long period of time, and without a word -
If anyone, who knows Dana, and feels that they have information about her missing, even if it is just a sliver of info, please contact Crime Stoppers in your local area. Help is needed in locating her, or finding out what may have happened to her. No matter how small - it will be of an enormous help.
JB

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 04:21:01 PM »
When you have a rental car you only get so many km on it or have it for so many days.  If you don't return a rental and they can't reach you they report it stolen.  I believe if she was able to she would have at least contacted the rental agency.  Or if her car was in for repairs she wouldn't leave it indefinately would she?  I pray not but it looks like she is not under her own voilition here.

stephanie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »
 Just a thought but has anyone checked the CPIC listings of stolen cars for the vehicle? I have recently learned how to do this from my community policing center in Vancouver.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »
Step can the general public do that or do you have to be a police officer?

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here