Author Topic: Carol Nora King - Missing - August 6, 2011 - Herschel, Sk  (Read 230569 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Carol Nora King - Missing - August 6, 2011 - Herschel, Sk
« Reply #765 on: July 27, 2016, 11:49:40 AM »
Danno - good to see you again here on Unsolved.

Here is another article - translated from French regarding Cassie

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/saskatchewan/2016/07/20/004-david-caissie-carol-king-meurtre-comparution-avocat-non-coupable.shtmlHe was in contact with his lawyer for two or three years, according to the latter.

Carol King was reported missing August 6, 2011 . Officers from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police have found what was left of his body in an uninhabited farm north of Herschel , a few weeks later.

Carol King's residence was burned a few months after his disappearance.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 22, 2016, 05:15:48 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/carol-king-david-caissie-2016-1.3686500

his priority right now, is to secure Caissie's release as he awaits trial. Cassie is due to appear in court on August 3rd by video.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 11, 2017, 10:59:30 AM »
http://globalnews.ca/news/3465975/david-caissie-trial-first-degree-murder-homicide-carol-king-herschel/

Excerpt:

Ron Pich?, the defence lawyer for the man charged in the murder of Carol King, says his client has denied involvement in the killing from the time it happened and will plead not guilty. Alberta man accused of killing Carol King will plead not guilty

After eight days of arguments over the admissibility of certain statements presented by the Crown, Caissie, in front of three supporters learned his fate on Friday.

He will head to trial for both first-degree murder in connection to his ex-girlfriend?s death and offering an indignity to human remains.

As the judge delivered his decision, Caissie looked up in the prisoners? box and started to cry.

?There was a live issue that if we had been successful, could have marked the end of the this proceeding,? Caissie?s lawyer Ron Piche said.

?Unfortunately the judge didn?t see it our way, it doesn?t mean the arguments at an end ? it?s the same argument that will advance at trial.?

READ MORE: Feeling of safety returns to Herschel 3 years after Carol King murder

Caissie, who will remain in custody, whispered ?I?m so sorry? to his family and friends before being led away.

He has been locked up since July 19, 2016 after being arrested without incident by police.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 11, 2018, 02:59:04 AM »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 11, 2018, 12:40:35 PM »
In my opinion he is already convicted by himself (his actions). When he was led away he was crying and apologizing to his family. If he was innocent as he had claimed, there would be no need to apologize, right? I don't know but right there it seems he said "I'm sorry for what I did to Carol and all of you". JMHO

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 14, 2018, 12:04:57 AM »
I am so glade you  commented on this  thread Sap 1 as I had been out of commision for a while when I had a stroke  in 2016 so had not known that they had finally arrested him,  May she rest in peace now

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 14, 2018, 11:38:59 AM »
I am so glade you  commented on this  thread Sap 1 as I had been out of commision for a while when I had a stroke  in 2016 so had not known that they had finally arrested him,  May she rest in peace now

Yes for awhile it really appeared the case was not moving forward but quietly the police were working and got their ducks in a row. Reminds me not to be so critical of police when there is nothing new being reported for some time.

EWO, I am so sorry to hear of your stroke. :( I hope all is well with you now. Good to see you back.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 14, 2018, 12:26:10 PM »
I hope you're feeling better now eyes. Good to see you :)

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 14, 2018, 12:52:02 PM »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 14, 2018, 01:47:10 PM »
I also wondered where you were Eyes.  I always looked for your posts.

Glad that you are back, Eyeswideopen, and I hope you have made an  excellent recovery.

Take care

JB

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 15, 2018, 01:10:12 AM »
Thanks JB yes I have worked hard and have an amazing recovery , so yep I am back