Author Topic: Celina Cass - Missing, 11 yrs old July 25, 2011 - NH  (Read 15879 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile

BellasMom

• View Profile
Re: Celina Cass - Missing, 11 yrs old July 25, 2011 - NH
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2011, 09:52:23 AM »
Could be either, Trouble.  If he is having an episode he probably can't cooperate until the meds 'even' him out.  He could be having paranoid thoughts... OR, hes guilty and just not cooperating.   :-\  Time will tell.  I wonder about the toxicity reports we are waiting on, do you think she was drugged or doing drugs? 

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2011, 10:28:44 AM »
One thing that bothers me about this case is that Celina's body was found in such close proximity to her home. If Celina was abducted by a stranger, one would think that he would want to take her out of the area. Stranger abduction in this case does not seem logical to me if we can believe that she was last seen at her computer at 9:00 pm. Celina was a shy eleven year old child. Why would she have left the house by herself after nine at night? By now I would imagine that police would have checked the computer that Celina was using to see if she had been communicating with someone who may have lured her. Other than her leaving the house on her own we would have to believe that Celina was kidnapped out of her own home. A scenario that could be possible, but less likely.

I'm thinking more along the line of non stranger abduction or possibly, as BellasMom has suggested, suicide.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »
debbieC, I too think it was not stranger abduction. I believe it is very close to home, the person who committed this crime and I do believe it was a crime. I do not think that Celina would have ventured out in the dark of night to  kill herself, surely doesn't sound like that kind of child. The police will find out what happened here and I think they are on the right track. RIP Celina, gone too soon.

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 09:20:49 AM »
http://www.wmur.com/news/28763079/detail.html

Cass Was Wrapped In Blanket When Found
Stepfather Checked Into Mental Health Facility
POSTED: 8:42 am EDT August 4, 2011
UPDATED: 10:27 am EDT August 4, 2011

Cass Was Wrapped In Blanket When Found
Stepfather Checked Into Mental Health Facility

POSTED: 8:42 am EDT August 4, 2011
UPDATED: 10:27 am EDT August 4, 2011

The body of 11-year-old Celina Cass was wrapped in a blanket when she was found in the Connecticut River on Monday, a source told News 9.

News 9 has also learned that Cass' stepfather, Wendell Noyes, has checked himself into a mental health facility.

Cass was reported missing on July 26, and her body was found Monday in the river about a quarter-mile from her home.

Investigators said autopsy results were pending, and they are waiting for more tests to help determine how Cass died.

State police major crime units from Vermont and New Hampshire returned to Cass' West Stewartstown home around 10 a.m. Wednesday. Several vehicles and the house are sectioned off with police tape, and officers were stationed outside overnight.

The bed of a silver Ford F-150 quad-cab pickup truck at the home was covered with a tarp, and the truck was put on a flatbed tow truck. The truck belongs to Cass' stepfather, officials said.

The house is where Cass' family said they last saw her alive a week ago.

The brother and mother of Cass' stepfather said he is not doing well and asked the media to leave him alone.

******I do not think this was suicide IMO based on her being wrapped in a blanket in the river.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2011, 09:26:58 AM »
It is quite suspicious that the stepfather fell to his knees (a video of him falling to his knees was on TV). Anyone who saw this falling to his knees, it was not a collapse. Mr. Noyes, bent down like he was about to pray and then laid face down on the pavement. At the time he did this, it was shortly thereafter Celina was found. I would say he knew where she was and that he knew they were finding her right at that moment. All of a sudden he doesn't want the media, I guess he is in hiding from something. We will have to await the police in their investigation of Celina's murder. :( :( :( :( :( :(

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 09:42:28 AM »
Thanks Trouble. Apparently this was not a suicide, based on the fact that Celina was wrapped in a blanket. An earlier report about the autopsy stated that no cause of death had been determined. That would lead me to believe that Celina was not placed in the water when she was alive, but rather as a place to hide her body. It would seem that a cause of death would have been determined if Celina had any physical trauma to her body. That, coupled with the fact that authorities are now waiting on toxicology results makes me wonder if she was drugged. Was this intended to be a sexual assult that went wrong?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2011, 10:31:53 AM »
And Celina being placed in water, they may not be able to confirm a sexual assault, because DNA would be washed away, this is possibly why the  person placed her body in water.  :o :o :o :o

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2011, 12:21:32 PM »
I dont think she was wrapped in a blanket to conceal her identity. I think she was wrapped in a blanket in a period of shock over what happened and was a "loving" action. The killer could not bear to see her dead eyes staring at him/her as he/she went about the grisly task of getting rid of the body.

Marcusdog

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 07:09:18 PM »
debbieC, I too think it was not stranger abduction. I believe it is very close to home, the person who committed this crime and I do believe it was a crime. I do not think that Celina would have ventured out in the dark of night to  kill herself, surely doesn't sound like that kind of child. The police will find out what happened here and I think they are on the right track. RIP Celina, gone too soon.

Don't have the link right now but it was said that she was wrapped in a bed blanket so if she committed suicide how would she wrap herself in a blanket.

Marcusdog

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 07:14:48 PM »
I dont think she was wrapped in a blanket to conceal her identity. I think she was wrapped in a blanket in a period of shock over what happened and was a "loving" action. The killer could not bear to see her dead eyes staring at him/her as he/she went about the grisly task of getting rid of the body.

I agree that it was someone close and that the blanket will play a large part in this case if it goes to court. As for the SF, I think he has already started building his insanity defense. The police should be able to find some clues on that blanket. Someone owned it and I bet it came from Celina's own house. Mark Furman was on NG and said that there still might be forensic material under her nails even with her being in the water. hope so.

Marcusdog

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 07:21:07 PM »
http://www.norwichbulletin.com/photos/x242973208/GALLERY-Missing-New-Hampshire-Girl?foto=7

This link has a picture gallery, look at the house. Spooky old place. Poor kid.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 07:49:38 PM »
I don't understand why this dwelling is not condemned and torn down, it looks ready to fall down. This must be in a very poor part of the community. I would imagine there would be known sex offenders living in that area. She did have other people around her that would be very suspect to have done something to Celina. She certainly did not kill herself and wrap herself in a blanket. So why are the police saying suspicious, it darn well is a murder. The police should be checking out persons who may live in her area that are sex offenders. Someone could have been watching her and just waiting for the chance to grab her up. :o :o :o :o :o :o