Author Topic: Michael Wayne Dunahee - Abducted - Victoria BC 1991  (Read 68486 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Wayne Dunahee - Abducted - Victoria BC 1991
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 09:50:43 PM »
Des, a lot of libraries have great resoruces for reading old newspapers. If you ever make to your library, you can ask how to access those archives.

If I make it down to big city Library, I am going to see if I can access the news about this case.

P.S. Where are these archives you all are referring too?

Bucke Bleichert

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2007, 10:56:14 PM »
If I make it down to big city Library, I am going to see if I can access the news about this case. P.S. Where are these archives you all are referring too?
If you go downtown to check their collection, please see if you can find out any information on the "chief suspect", a 32 year old who was released around April 11, 1992. A search of the Toronto Star Archives, linked to the newspaper's website, yields only the one article dated that April 11. He passed a lie detector test....
I could spend all day at the reference library looking through the microfiche but I never get a chance to go downtown these days....

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2007, 11:51:06 PM »
Most do. When I was living in Ottawa, they had many newspapers available at there DT branch. Probably Edmonton is the same, if you go the main branch (ussually downtown) you should be able to access them there.

Are you guys using some online service too? I just searched to see if I can find what you all are using and cannot find it.

Thansk.

Bucke Bleichert

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2007, 11:58:56 PM »
Google Toronto Star Archives and it's the third hit that comes up. Then you can search away for articles from 1985 to today....Try typing Michael Dunahee....
They have another site for older papers but I never tried it. I only used it for the Dunahee and Morin cases so far.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2007, 09:19:34 PM »
Oh neat, thanks y'all. Too bad there is not a more extensive newspaper archves setup for Canada, it would be neat to read articles from the past. Toronto probably just covers that area, otherwise I would try that service out. Maybe I will anyway.

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2007, 12:06:33 AM »
Hello  Been hoping something would happen with this case  for ages. How can a 4 year old just vanish in broad daylight with hardly a clue to follow.  Does anyone know how many pedophiles were in the area at that time.  I`m thinking that the witness has been interviewed many times since the abduction, but haven`t heard a peep!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007, 12:05:49 AM »
Hi Solvy,

I have no idea how many pedophiles live in the area, but probably a few. For a child to go missing like that, you can count on some sicko being involved. It is possible the police do have a couple of person of interest, and who knows, maybe one day they can solve this.

It is the worst thing to have a child go missing and not know what happened. The people who do that to kids are the worst amung us.

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2008, 10:04:15 AM »
I think we should start going after the goverment and have all ped's branded,Something in the middle of the forhead that would read I am a loser and a Ped.
I have never been abbrused as a child But I have had friends who this has happend to and it makes me sick.There childhood stolen from them and there lives changed forever.
Anyone just Anyone who would hurt a child needs to be spade or nutterd. >:( >:( >:(

CraftyGal

• Remember adopt-Don't Shop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2008, 05:54:16 PM »
There is an age enhanced photo of Michael on the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children.

He is age progressed to 17 here.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2008, 05:54:24 AM »
Thanks for posting that. Wow, they sure can do a great job with that technology now, it looks real.

CraftyGal

• Remember adopt-Don't Shop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2008, 02:21:03 PM »
You are welcome.  I have seen what the artists go through to get the pictures done.  They are the true experts.

Crafty

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 12:40:47 AM »
following up on archived news, I found a bit more info on the "chief suspect" in the Hamilton Spectator dated Apr 15/92

Victoria police interviewed a 32 yr old one month after micheal dunahee disappeared. The man (not named) lived at a Gorge Road hotel, blocks from the school.  He saiid he was in a mental institution, and fighting a drunk driving charge when police first questioned him.  He was vague about his whereabouts at the time of the abduction, saying he was working as a cook at a Victoria hotel, or visiting Seattle.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 08:11:59 AM »
Wonder if he was a known pedophile. Based on the fact he has never been located and there is no trace, I think some pedop got him. I pray that it turns out he is sitll alive. Maybe one day we will learn.

kindheart

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 09:57:57 AM »
Thanks Solvy, newsbits are great when we can find them, thanks for posting this and welcome from me, kindheart. ;D

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2008, 04:55:46 PM »
 I think somewhere I did read that he had a previous charge involving a minor male, can't remember where I read it though.  I wonder if he ever had a brown van?