Author Topic: Alexandra Wiwcharuk - May 18, 1962 - Age 23 - Murdered - Saskatoon  (Read 233981 times)

leonagleant

• View Profile
Re: Alexandra Wiwcharuk - May 18, 1962 - Age 23 - Murdered - Saskatoon
« Reply #675 on: May 20, 2012, 02:39:38 PM »
Interestng to read that the suspect (according to the nieces if not the police) has had children. A number of violent rapist/murderers have been found to have had family lives when they have finally been apprehended over a decade later. For example Neil Snelson who still proclaims his innocence in spite of the DNA match.

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 21, 2012, 12:43:16 AM »
Friday night at the vigil, I was impressed with the turnout, even though the weather was so poor.

The church memorial service was beautiful, and the nurses were a pleasure to meet.

I prepared the gravesites for blessing my Auntie's gravesite and my grandparent's gravesite, in the traditional Ukrainian  Orthodox custom. Again, that service was beautiful!  Thanks to my brothers the luncheon was excellent! This was an all around effort of my family to honor Auntie Alexandria.

There were also donations collected by the church and they are able to purchase a "St. Alexandra" icon in honor of my Auntie.

I was truly blessed this weekend because so many people wanted to share with me information in regards to my Auntie's case. I am here in Saskatoon and my calendar is full, I will likely be too busy to post for the next few days.

So many of my immediate family members are committed and supportive towards the four of us (Lynn, Patty, Lorraine and myself) in our efforts to find who did this to Auntie  Alexandria. Plus all the prayers from everyone, has made things happen! May God Bless You All!

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 21, 2012, 02:12:40 PM »
Even though they did not have any part of the the Headstone and photo repair, the erecting of the Billboard, the planning, the participation, any financial or execution of any part of Alexandra's Memorial, it was good to see Gwen and her niece were able to come and enjoy the week-end for Alexandra.

I guess this is meant to be a derogatory remark. Too bad it had to be included in an otherwise, nice write up about Alexandra's memorial. It really wasn't necessary.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 21, 2012, 04:37:32 PM »
In reading it, I am confused.  Lynne was thanked and included.  Very bad article, by some poor reporter.  However, it was nice to see that Alexandra is not forgotten by her family. 

JB

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 21, 2012, 11:19:57 PM »
Wow. That really reflects poorly on the writer. A memorial for a woman whose family is continuing to grieve and seek answers to the unknown and the reporter choses to make the following points. Obviously the reporter has no manners, but beyond that must have never experienced tragedy to this level to know how victimizing that sentence, in itself, is. I don't wish anyone knowing and feeling what this family has been put through, even this writer. Hugs to the family for loving and keeping the memory of those they love honored. The shoes you've had to wear have not led down an easy or painfree travel. Again, I'm sure this reporter has no clue what those shoes are like to wear. Otherwise I'm sure the reporter would not have made point of something so trivial compared to the scope of loss you have endured.

Even though they did not have any part of the the Headstone and photo repair, the erecting of the Billboard, the planning, the participation, any financial or execution of any part of Alexandra's Memorial, it was good to see Gwen and her niece were able to come and enjoy the week-end for Alexandra.

I guess this is meant to be a derogatory remark. Too bad it had to be included in an otherwise, nice write up about Alexandra's memorial. It really wasn't necessary.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:58:21 PM by Concerned »

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 22, 2012, 09:27:35 AM »
This is about Auntie Alexandria.

I am hoping that this thread on this forum will always be a place where we all remain focussed on solving my Auntie Alexandrias's case.

No matter what comes my way, I will never ever stop working tirelessly towards finding my Auntie Alexandria's murderer(s).

This forum has always been a support for me in my endeavours, and I am SO appreciative of my fellow members here! May God Bless You All!!!

I have one last request for today...."Please pray for my family."

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 22, 2012, 10:42:03 AM »
GIS, your last post has been removed by Admin. 

I've been reading your posts on this thread for the last few years. Always wondered why you posted in such a way that those reading would not know what you were talking about. Always wondered who you were.

Alexandra's thread has been on our site since 2008. Baba has been posting on it almost from day one. Many of us here have contributed what we can.

Shame on you for attempting to use Alexandra's thread to demean your sisters. It is inappropriate to say the least.

GIS

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 22, 2012, 10:53:23 AM »
Shame on her for casting the first stone!!!, on this forum???
As I said you don't know her! 8)

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 22, 2012, 02:28:54 PM »
"Wiwcharuk's neice Patti believes the person behind her aunt's murder is still walking free. "He's alive and he has had the opportunity to enjoy his life, live, had children, and our aunt never did, she was just starting out."

This thread has become rather confusing to me. I was asked in private message to clarify my last post, so here is the complete quote above taken from a recent news story that prompted my post. I interpreted it to mean there was a specific suspect in mind who had had children, but in re-reading, I see it can be taken as a generalization (specially if the "had children" should have been written as "have children").

SarahJane

• there is no such thing as a perfect murder
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 22, 2012, 11:17:52 PM »
I'm glad to see that this old case is (from what I've surmized) mostly solved and that these people are not forgotten.

GIS

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 22, 2012, 11:46:25 PM »
No silly, he was waiting for his DNA to be cleared, not his fathers!!! Why was he waiting for his and not his fathers, why would he have made such a comment??He was adopted, how would his DNA match, he knew that. He was talking about himself. Why, was he down by the river? Truely this was and is not a red herring. OMG, just forget it. 8)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 23, 2012, 12:21:16 AM »
...you could be right on that.... I haven't gone back and read that paper boy stuff since a few years;  ... I may be entertaining a recollection of the same situation in the Queensville, Ontario case of little Christine Jessop.

I did think the old man was suspect too in Alex's death... not just the paper boy!  after all, it was the father who did the serial killing with the uncle and the old woman.   I was recalling adoption in that case also?  ...I may go back and look at that, but don't really feel the need because I definitely don't believe it wasn't either of them who killed Alex...!

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 23, 2012, 12:56:07 AM »
Lost, the children of Clark are guilty of things, just not this case.

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 23, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »
I just was informed that on the CTV website, there was a news clip where a police officer said this case will not be solved...hmmmm...I wonder why???

Going to find it...see who that officer was???

Sounds to me like there is an underlying message...I think I know what it is...I will keep it under my hat until I find the news story, and read it myself.

SarahJane

• there is no such thing as a perfect murder
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 23, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »
I was under the impression they had dna?