Author Topic: Alexandra Wiwcharuk - May 18, 1962 - Age 23 - Murdered - Saskatoon  (Read 233381 times)

Baba Donya

• View Profile
Re: Alexandra Wiwcharuk - May 18, 1962 ? Age 23 ? Murdered ? Saskatoon
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2008, 10:43:40 PM »
I know this is odd, too. But... we could never be a suspects....we were too young.

Eventually it will come out!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »
I sure hope so. With advances in Technology, it very well could.

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2008, 06:23:16 AM »
 ;) Yep, I do have a camcorder, etc. always with me.

I do wish we could get 'REAL' 'COMMITTED' and 'TRUSTWORTHY' help. The more we find out, the more we see the web of lies and how the "Conspiracy of Silence" on this case evolved.

It is too bad Sharon Batula's book did not explain more what was happening in Saskatoon at the time, or was she afraid to, or was she told to be careful about what she wrote???  Maybe she was warned not to go there??? Since she was writing and coming up with some sort of scenarios, it seems she fell short of her depiction of the societies and or people of Saskatoon at the time. She only scratched the surface.

Why are people to this day warning anyone who tries to get the answers to solving this murder, to be careful, to watch out???

Why would a person heed such a warning? Do you think this would be the case if a common criminal did it?

Questions, questions, questions.

I hope everyone watches television for the unsolved cases in Canada, on Canada AM. (this week)

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2008, 12:30:40 PM »
Thanks for that info on Canada AM, did not know that segment would be on. I surely will look on that. I did not see that today, I am a late riser sometimes and I don't know about tomorrow, going to play a game of Tarbish tonite and that could be late. I think that I would be calling the media out on the main street of Saskatoon and have an at least 5 or 10 minute interview right there and say what is happening about the threats and the "conspiracy of silence", keep telling about this and do not listen to this crap about conspiracy of silence, that is when I'd be out there with a bullhorn and a big parade behind me when somebody told me to shut up about it. Keep on talking and get many around you talking, just keep it going, DO NOT STOP NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY.GOOD LUCK ON THIS AND I WILL PRAY FOR ANSWERS MYSELF FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. KEEP SMILING AND THAT IS WHAT KILLS THEM, KEEP IT GOING  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2008, 11:42:25 PM »
What I think is the public, generally, is not aware of the numbers and types of murders that remain unsolved

I agree Des. Seems a lot of Canadians are not up to date on the things that go on in Canada.

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2008, 08:45:38 AM »
Des, I really cannot reveal at this time what we have now found out.

People are wanting to come forward, and they are.

Do you all watch Nancy Grace, on the recently missing Florida 2 yr. old girl. About the cadivor dogs...very interesting...then read the article about why the cadivor dogs that did not pick up the scent on my Auntie's shallow grave.

What a crock of hogwash...the excuse the Saskatoon police stated for the newspaper.

Why did Saskatoon Chief of Police at the time ...'NOT WANT TO CALL IN HELP FROM THE TORONTO POLICE???'...which it was offered.

Media and the public both wanted it...why did Chief Kettles refuse it??? His generic answer does not cut it today! ...Because Chief Kettles had already been a police chief for eight years, and there had never been a crime of this magnitude before in the City of Saskatoon. Why would he not welcome the help of an outside group of experienced professionals??? Wasn't Chief Kettles from Ontario? If he was why would he not want fellow comrades to come to his aid?

With Saskatoon's rich heritage of Ukrainian's, and Chief Kettles not being one... did this play a part in his decisions??? 

I have began to review many old cases... as many should. There is a pattern which has set a precedent, on the way many cases have been handled in Chief Kettles 'reign'. It has continued, as in the Martensdale case...it became more public than anyone in the police force ever anticipated. (Injustice Busters)

Why was the murder of my Auntie put on second or third pages of the newspaper, hidden from the public's eye. Why was it not FRONT PAGE???
I believe that any editor would have put it on the front page, what stopped this one at the time??? Why was my Auntie's story being kept or hidden from the public's eye, and the people who helped make this happen...why did they?

Why were measures taken at the time to squash this story, instead of taking all steps to solving the murder??? Who all is accountable???

GIS

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2008, 09:17:40 PM »
Darlin,
You need to calm down, these nice folks have plenty of info to mull over! I'm sure the new fellow in the Historical
Unit/Cold Case, will turn out to be just fine! He's smart and I believe his integrity is intack. That is why those ladies
are out there, now, searching for answers to questions that have not been answered. Due to their lack of knowledge, ;)(police)
on how to deal with a case like this,that was so Brutal and mysterious! Hopefully the new kid on the block will give this
family some closure! And I am sure he will be quite accommodating to them, as they have suffered a great loss!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 02:09:12 PM by GIS »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2008, 12:50:44 AM »
Hi GIS,

I assume you have good knowledge of this case. Is there a new detective working on it? You seem pretty sure this could be solved. Assuming of cause the person is still alive.

GIS

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2008, 06:08:27 AM »
Good morning,
Chris, you assume correctly! The newest one on the case. As you know, there has been a large turnover of
detectives on this case. To answer the third question, i'm a really optimistic person! And last but not least,
i'm sure they are!
Ya'll have a wonderful day!!!!! 8)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2008, 08:05:03 AM »
Thanks. It will be great if this does get solved. I assume they have a DNA sample to work with.

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2008, 10:24:45 PM »
 :-\ Not quite sure what you mean....GIS???

I am not sure how many suspects the Saskatoon Police had in 1962..., but why has there not been further DNA, of these 150 men or so....  coming forward to clear their names...., by giving their DNA samples.

Even though the person has died, his remaining children carry his DNA. As in Billy.... his daughter's DNA was taken to have his name removed. Plus brothers or sisters can be used, if the suspect has passed away.

Therefore, I hope those men who were suspects, offer up their DNA to help their names be eliminated off of the list(s).

DNA Science has come a long way in the past while.

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2008, 07:03:02 AM »
I am not sure who the new detective is on the case, unbeknown to me. I do believe that Det. Farion was in the Cold Case in Saskatoon, previously, and then got reassigned there, after a brief hiatis.

GIS...is this the new detective you are speaking about?

GIS

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2008, 02:24:48 PM »
  8)My Bad,
I'm sorry, I should reword that! Det.Farion worked briefly, back in 2003/2004, when they exhumed the body, at least that is what
I was lead to believe. ;)Det. Farion is the newest one to be working on the case, even though he has been on it for a couple of
years! Ya'll need to watch the documentary, it will answer alot of questions! ::)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2008, 04:05:42 PM »
Do you know when and where this documentary will air GIS?

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2008, 11:49:33 PM »

The documentary GIS is probably referring to, is the one CBC did. It is called "Death of a Beauty Queen", I think..hmm...have to check the correct title for you later, if this one isn't the one.

There is not alot of answers on the documentary, just Det. Farion indicating his involvement in the past and present in the case.

It does interview alot of people, but not enough!

As each person comes forward, and gives their story to us, I am amazed what has come out!

GIS, you have a nice day ... too!

Debbie..you are probably right!