Author Topic: Alexandra Wiwcharuk - May 18, 1962 - Age 23 - Murdered - Saskatoon  (Read 228130 times)

Baba Donya

• View Profile
Re: Alexandra Wiwcharuk - May 18, 1962 ? Age 23 ? Murdered ? Saskatoon
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 04:41:07 PM »
My grandparents, one an immigrant from Ukraine, and the other a first born Canadian who grew up in an Ukrainian speaking community. I think my grandparents believed what the police officers were telling them, and my grandmother believed in God.

They were devastated! I am not sure if my grandfather ever got over it. My grandmother, I heard stories that she fainted alot after that. Sometimes she would just faint without warning.

The family put up a reward, but I only heard rumors that a private detective had been hired. I will have to ask my aunt and uncle if there was a private detective hired. My uncle was visiting my grandparents on the outskirts of Saskatoon, and he had been chased by a car that had been waiting for him to leave my grandparents home. This uncle baraded the police department constantly. No one knew he was coming out. Later, his wife was accousted in their back yard. They lived 2 1/2 hours out of Saskatoon. We were all given warnings of some varience.

In the 80's when one of my sisters began to involve herself with the case again....(in Edmonton where she lived) Her car had been shot in three places. One on the drivers side, and two others, each on a side where her children's car seats were.

The man who shot at me, came back again to our house. All of the girls shared a bedroom. He came in through our open window. (Thank God I am a light sleeper) He went from bed to bed to bed, lifting up the covers to check faces. Then he came to my bed, I let out the most blood curdling scream, and it startled him so much, he ran and jumped out of our bedroom window. In the morning my father checked and sure enough his footprints were still in the mud under our bedroom window. Police did not do anything, because no one got hurt.

I could not see what he looked like, but he wore the same outfit, and boots plus hat from other encounters. He reminded me of a Johnny Cash wannabe.

We were taught to practice daily how to scream for help. After my auntie was murdered, my mom was not taking any chances. We also were not allowed to walk on the sidewalk if there were hedges or bushes, we then had to walk in the middle of the street.

What Sharon B. did not mention, this was real for us. We lived the nightmare!

:'( There were many tears for fears.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 05:39:11 PM »
Reading what happened to you is like reading a novel. It sounds like and Agatha Christie novel, my gosh, they did not try to apprehend this individual after someone previous had been murdered. I think I would have been sleeping with a weapon under my pillow.  It surely must have been a life of fear. And even now after all this time you would not want anyone to know where you lived or you would be scared to keep the story in the limelight. Everything should be done to solve this even after all this time. Like I say, get one of the TV shows to do a program and maybe this will get the person that did this. I give you my prayers and hope that this will be solved. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 06:56:18 PM »
Thank you Capeheart! Just finished talking to my sisters, and they have just been stonewalled in Saskatoon. The police refuse to talk to them. The nurse's alumni refuse to have them do some sort of presentation or insert in their handouts. (The UofS has a nurse's alumni reunion this weekend.)

They go into the library to look for information, and a male librarian called them another set of amatuer investigators, trying to solve this case. Then when they went to a female librarian and told her who they were they were finally helped. The female librarian was more than overjoyed to help them.

The mistrust in this case still lingers. How sad.

Thank you for your prayers!

May God Bless You!

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 12:40:30 AM »
There will be an interview done tomorrow by the press. There may be a write up in the Saskatoon Star Pheonix on Saturday, since that is the day they put articles like this in the paper.

(My job is to write the things to say to the press, since I am the writer out of us four, so I hope it is good enough, to springboard some people to come forward.) :-\

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 08:39:19 AM »
Yes, she was buried alive. From what evidence we know, she fought for her life, until she drew her last breath. We believe that the hand the child came across, was not washed away by the rain, the way the boy said it was sticking out, it was a once last effort for her to let someone know where she was.

Yes, the investigation, was very shotty, and witnesses disappeared. Good cops were told to MYOB, etc.

Anyways, I have to write up this article now...

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 01:27:19 PM »
MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR YOU I really hope this article that you are writing will get someone to give it up, because someone out there has to know. Don't ever give up, keep the faith and I feel in my heart that someone is going to come forward. All the best to relatives, friends and family and those working hard even to this day to solve this case.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 04:15:27 PM »
Yikes, I am finally done....I am crossing my fingers, and praying the truth will finally come out from this...

The only thing I left out, was that she worked at the City Hospital in Saskatoon. I felt that everyone knew she was a nurse, etc. etc. I just hope this wasn't an error on my part...

Hmmm..... :-\

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 06:56:46 PM »

Thanks Baba, for clearing up some information. The fact that you and many others have been threatened, or moved, tells me, this idiot, may have some power.He knows how to use it, hence, all the threats.  ??? >:( >:( 8)

Will be waiting for more info. Thanks for everything you have done here. :)

Just kep on, keeping on..
(hugs))), to all family and friends. Adrian

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 04:42:42 AM »
 >:( Sheeeeeeeeesh, it is not in the paper.... Maybe tomorrow???

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 11:47:34 AM »
Wow this is an interseting case for sure. It seems like it should be solveable.

My feeling (and no, I have no mystic powers) is this is a person who knew her and in a panic, killed her. Probably a stalker or something. It was a very cowardly method to kill someone.

When it does get solved, it would not surprise me if it was an admirerer, like a doctor at her hospital or someone important.

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 12:06:36 PM »
Yes, Chris ... I do believe that it was someone important. Or someone connected to someone who was important.

There are a few scenarios that is for sure....

A few doors are starting to open up.... but I do not think this is going to happen overnight.

There is still so much mistrust... but I can understand why...

The police hours into this investigation, has added up ... I am sure... I feel the answer is in their hands.... they either cannot believe it, or they just need more proof...., and maybe it has been there all along????

I and the family will just keep digging, and not give up...because someone out there knows.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 01:26:26 PM »
Just out of curiosity, how long had it been since she moved from Endevour? Did most of her family live there still?

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 03:15:59 PM »
Alexandra did move from the farm outside of Endeavour to attend high school in Saskatoon. She lived with her sister, until she completed high school. Then she moved back to either the farm, Kamsack,or Canora (her parents had moved into one of those towns temporarily because of some type of job) and she moved to Yorkton to attend nursing school and lived in the dorm. Then the farm was sold, and then her parents moved on the acreage south of Saskatoon. It was a two bedroom house, and the second bedroom was Alexandra's.

I was young then, so my timelines may not be 100%.

Why?

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 04:24:50 PM »
Why was this investigation impeded in so many ways. Whether, it was inexperience or not, I cannot believe the photos I have seen of the head of the police department in Saskatoon smiling and/or laughing beside Alexandra's coffin. This was a shock to the City of Saskatoon, and devastated the innocence of this beautiful city, and he is happy??? "A picture can paint a 1000 words."
I feel that the creep who did this, was at the riverbank, and could she have gone there to meet him? I read one of the articles, back aways, and it said she was asphyxiated, plus blungeoned with a block of cement.

I agree with your suspicion that she was buried alive, hence the finger showing above the ground, as if trying to claw her way out.

The threats, and all, just adds up to STINKO!!! I do think it is time, for the killer, or those who KNOW what happened , let it out NOW.

Keep up the good work, Baba, we need people like you., in this world, those who don't give up!!! ((((hugs)))) to all friends, and family of Alexandra, and may answers come soon. Thankyou!

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2008, 06:52:13 PM »
Adrian...

Thank You ....

The family was not invited to the coroners inquest. We have asked, and we are not sure why.

So the description of what happened, is what we have collected from the newspaper reports, etc. All I have read and concluded was that there could have been a possibility that someone said they were going to meet her there. When that person did not show up, she went to go home. Was it a lure???? We are not sure.

Was she killed the same night? We are not sure.

Forensic phsychology, what we get off of television would indicate because her face was destroyed, this  person knew her. By the force of the blows, this person/s was very angry at her.

I do not know if she was strangled, she was raped, crushed by a concrete construction block, and died from sand being in her wind pipe. We believe she reached up through her shallow grave for one last attempt for help, or for someone to find her with her outstretched hand. Whether this is all of it, we are not sure.

I do believe, because of what Alexandra believed in. I believe Alexandra would have fought off her attacker/s the best she could, because she was not going to be raped if she could help it. Alexandra's courage, I am sure angered the perpetrator/s, that is why I believe she was raped after he/they crushed her with the concrete block. This person/s raped a dying woman and had to look at her crushed body while doing this, meaning that this person/s was obsessed, was demented, very disturbed, whatever you want to call it. A sicko!

One thing that keeps popping in my mind, that she was lured there that night.