Author Topic: Richard (Dick) Oland | Murdered | 69 | Saint John  (Read 441573 times)

RubyRose

• View Profile
Re: Richard (Dick) Oland | Murdered | 69 | Saint John
« Reply #1710 on: November 23, 2018, 03:05:57 PM »
I attempted to copy and paste the article from the link, Have Faith, but it appears to be set up in such a way that it doesn't  permit  that function.  I assume reason being so that non-subscribers cannot have access to it that way either.  A bit odd because it's showing that it can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, etc but I suppose that's all considered part of the mainstream media.  I've had no similar difficulties copying articles in the past from other newspapers so I'm really not sure.

There were two articles that same day on the jury screening subject  but so far I haven't been able to locate the other one again.  I expect it's likely set up the same way.  Too bad because some of the legal opinions put forth were quite interesting.

Sorry.  I really would like to help if I could.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: November 23, 2018, 08:53:19 PM »
Thank you very much for trying Ruby.

I also tried to read an article in today's Chronicle Herald--so frustrating to get cut off.  The headline was "N.B. Police Commission to probe jury vetting in Dennis Oland's murder case. It is amazing that the Crown could be unaware of this practice over the years. If it is proven that they were aware, I can't imagine the fallout.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: November 24, 2018, 05:09:24 AM »
I suspect it happens much more than we know.  After this latest fiasco, despite my personal feelings on his guilt or innocence,  i  don't, in good conscience, think Dennis should be convicted. 

This is from the CBC New Brunswick website. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/jury-dismissals-oland-mistrial-1.4918982