Author Topic: Margarita SHUMAKOVA - 18 - Murdered - July 3, 2011 - Durham - Ontario  (Read 26403 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Margarita SHUMAKOVA - 18 - Murdered - July 3, 2011 - Durham - Ontario
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2011, 06:06:06 AM »
There is a bunch of pics of Babak on the Hi5  dating site.  You might get a better idea as to his size. 

One thing my daughter and I noticed is that in the pics....he is shown with 2 different vehicles...both nice....pretty good for a drifter...hmmm....and it looks like several of them were taken @ Niagara Falls.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2011, 06:13:50 AM »
I would think that they found surveillance video of the 2 of them downtown Toronto.     The fact that he is a drifter, will have police all over the province.   The pics from the Hi5 dating site, show him in Niagara Falls...for a start.

cinnamonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2011, 07:49:36 AM »
Not to many drifters i've seen around drive expensive cars,wear designer clothing,attend trendy clubs. His lifestyle makes me wonder if a certain group in the middle east is giving him money or if he has rich parents. ???

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2011, 08:12:47 AM »
Wonder if they are his cars....one is a Kia and the other a Mitsubishi....
I too wonder what gives with this guy.

BellasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2011, 07:54:12 PM »
what constitutes a 'drifter' anyway??  Is a drifter the same as homeless?   :-\ 

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2011, 08:27:52 PM »
what constitutes a 'drifter' anyway??  Is a drifter the same as homeless?   :-\

I would use the term "drifter" when I think of someone who is not only homeless, but doesn't have a home base either... they kind of drift around, town to town, where the gettings good.  Whereas a homeless person typically squats and sets up a camp somewhere.

I dunno... I'm just sort of guessing.

Gypsies and hobos are drifters?  Although, gypsies have a portable home....

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 05:32:55 AM »
Good question...drifter or homeless?   Wonder if it's just another liberty the press took.....or does our POI move from relative to relative?

BellasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 08:58:03 AM »
Maybe to save his family from any backlash he said he didn't have a 'home base'.  Jobo ~ you are probably right, he goes from one relative to another.  I'm just asking because of the pictures and the fact that he was on a dating site.  YIKES!  Note to self:  go back to original plan and meet men at a bar.   :P

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2011, 11:17:07 AM »
A drifter is a person who moves from place to place. He would still have to have an address on his driving documents, etc.

All of you are so right, IMO,  I bet he is being financed by relatives from his homeland. I wonder if he had anything to do with Kera's homicide?  If I recall correctly, Kera's friend said that she had a "private date"  In amongst other things, he is crafty, and a schemer, and a con artist - how else would  he maintain himself in a monied life style?

I checked out the facebook, and I don't believe it is him. Same name - different person.  On facebook this is a younger man.
Just my opinion.

PEACE
JB

BellasMom

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2011, 06:24:59 PM »
That one picture is from Las Vegas at the Luxor. 

burlingtongirl

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2011, 03:00:41 PM »
i think he is spending his time in the GTA because the dating site has him from 'hamilton' and he was obviously in toronto to kill that poor girl. he could even be here in burlington or oakville

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2011, 04:11:52 PM »
I am not sure why, but I am thinking he may have gone to London.  Best thing the cops could do is track down his relatives, then they will find him.   Just my opinion.

Marley

Marley

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2011, 06:13:39 PM »
I still feel like this case, and search for Babak Ghanad is not garnering nearly enough attention as it should.  If you happened to not read a paper the day they released Babak's name and picture, you would have missed this story completely.  I have posted a recent article about Margarita's funeral on her thread.  It contains more information about what happened the night she went missing.  It appears Babak does have a car so he could be anywhere by now.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2011, 06:15:12 PM »
Boy, did I ever think about this!!

Another way of having the money to float around, is drug dealing!! He covers a wide territory, and has available cash.  I am not speaking about your corner store drug dealer, 711 to sell to kids, but a drug dealer who will make connections for transporting of same. Up  to this moment,  he has been crafty enough not to get on the police radar.

Just a thought!!

PEACE
JB