Author Topic: Margarita SHUMAKOVA - 18 - Murdered - July 3, 2011 - Durham - Ontario  (Read 26390 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Margarita SHUMAKOVA - 18 - Murdered - July 3, 2011 - Durham - Ontario
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 10:09:15 AM »
One thing I noticed when google-mapping the area...is that there is a Golf course pretty close by.     There is also one close by where Kera's remains were found.    Just an observation that I thought I would share. 

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 04:20:41 PM »
Sort of reminds me of the long island serial killer. Dumps bodies close to the road, in the ditch. Not trying to cover them  up.

kylee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 11:52:40 AM »
I knew Margarita Shumakova, it is such a terrible thing that happened to her. The teachers at my school had to take days off because they were so upset. I hope they find the idiot who did this.

R.I.P Margarita

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 02:06:31 PM »
Hi Kylee....sorry for your loss.   Sorry that someone thought it was okay to take Margarita's young life, may she rest in peace.
   I saw on one of the news feeds on facebook that another young women went missing, I believe Friday night, from the Danforth and Warden Ave. area.   I am going to see what else I can dig up about this latest missing woman.    Too many young beautiful girls missing/murdered in the GTA this past year. 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 05:19:44 PM »
Since Mararita's body was found in an affluent area, there actually could be a killer living right in that community. This could definitely be the case of a male looking for women in the district of entertainment and he could be married with a family. This would be something to think about. In the women that were killed in NY by a serial killer, I truly believe these men have been identified and they have cooked up some big story about how innocent they are. I do believe all three of the men in that program were guilty of the murder of those girls. Because there were three of them, they definitely should be kept under surveillance. And I do hope they find Margarita's killer. She may have planned on meeting someone that evening and the could be responsible for other murders in and around Ontario. Also, she could have ran into one of the dudes that she used to visit that lived close to her. Was there video surveillance around that area????

burlingtongirl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 03:14:32 PM »
He is wanted for first degree murder of Margarite Shumakova

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/07/21/18450416.html

He is from the Hamilton /GTA area; some one out there knows this guy.

a link to his Hi5 dating site profile
where you can see pictures of him, also his friends

http://hi5.com/friend/p5059039--Babak_Ghanad--html

here is a link to his facebook

http://www.facebook.com/ghanad

his twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/babak_007

please if you know him , police need help finding him

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 03:17:17 PM »
On my facebook, I have the 1010 Newstalk feed....and it's reporting that the cops are looking for 35yr.old Babak Ghanad in relation to Margarita's murder.   They even posted a picture of this guy.   
(Last time I provided a link to their newsfeed, it didn't work, so I haven't bothered this time). 

OOps...didn't notice a new thread had been started....

Marley

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 05:10:43 PM »
Thank you for posting all the links.  The news article says he is a drifter. I wonder how they linked him to Margarita's murder.  I hope LE catches up with him soon and he is closely looked at for many of the other unsolved cases in the GTA.

Marley

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 05:15:47 PM »
Very happy to see that a suspect has been named in this case.  Now LE juset has to catch up with him.  I hope media outlets spread this story far and wide. So he used an on-line dating site, hmmm.  I wonder if he can be linked to any of the other unsolved cases like Kera Freeland and Sonia Varaschin.  Audrey Gleave was from Hamilton and her case is still unsolved.

burlingtongirl

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 06:01:25 PM »
im not sure if it is possible to link two threads, but i started a new thread which you can check out his facebook, hi5 profile and twitter and i also posted a picture of this guy if anyone is interested.

Jessica-

• The truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid
    • View Profile

Marley

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 05:18:07 PM »
Suspect named in Uxbridge slaying of teen
On a dating and meeting website, Hi5, Ghanad claims to be from Hamilton. But on Facebook, he describes himself as being from Mashhad, Iran, and living in Toronto.

Anyone who knows Ghanad, or has information on his whereabouts, is urged to contact detectives at 1-888-579-1520, ext. 5247 or 5319, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477).

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/21/suspect-named-in-uxbridge-slaying-of-teen

Marley

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2011, 06:11:13 PM »
I feel like this case, and the resulting search for the murder suspect is not getting the media attention that cases of this nature usually get.  After the announcement yesterday that a warrant had been issued for a suspect, I was searching for news stories and could only find a handful.  When I watched the news, it seemed the story was buried behind other items that just didn't seem as important.  Maybe it is just me, but in the past the story of a young and vivacious teen being found murdered and the resulting search for her apparent murderer,  would have been front page news across the country.  I feel like Margarita and her family and friends deserve more attention for this story.  I'm am sure LE is pulling out all the stops but it would help if the press would promote this story more.  This could be a random killing and no one knows if this guy has done this before or will do it again. People should be searching high and low for this guy.  Maybe I am over-reacting since Sonia's murder hit so close to home.  :-[

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »
I would like to know the height and weight of Mr. Ghanad.  Languages he is fluent in.??

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 09:31:30 PM »

Babak Ghanad is from Mashhad, Iran.  He speaks - Farsi (vs. Persian) English, and Indonesian.