Author Topic: Adrien McNaughton | 5 | Missing June 12, 1972 | Holmes Lake, Brougham Twp  (Read 20461 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Adrien McNaughton wandered off into a wooded area of Holmes Lake, Brougham Township, on June 12, 1972.

Case #   20060085OPP
Name   Adrien McNaughton

Date Last Seen   12 Jun 1972
Age At Last Seen   5
Date of Birth   04 Nov 1966
Sex   Male
Race   Caucasian
Height (cm)   091 -
Height (Imp.)   3 ft 0 -
Weight (kgs.)   16 -
Weight (lbs.)   35 -
Build   Slight
Hair   Blond;
Eye Colour   Brown
Features   Adrien had a s on his forehead, approximately 1 - 2 inches long, and possibly over the left eye.
Clothing   This missing person was last seen wearing an orange striped shirt, blue jeans, a blue nylon parka, brown shorts and running shoes.
Location   ; This six year old boy wandered off into a wooded area of Holmes Lake on June 12, 1972.
Agency   Renfrew OPP Detachment
CONTACT US
1-877-9FIND ME (1-877-934-6363) Toll Free in Canada or
email us at Tips or at opp.isb.resolve@ontario.ca
(705) 330-4144 for local or outside of Canada

Concerned

• View Profile
VAnised 40 years ago: what happened to 5 year old Adrien McNaughton?

Published June 13, 2012

Yesterday marked the 40th anniversary of the disappearance of 5 year old Adrien McNaughton. If alive, Adrien would be 45 years old now. The mystery, which no one has been able to solve, is what happened to Adrien on the night of June 12th, 1972, when he disappeared near Calabogie, Ontario?

Adrien McNaughton was a little boy living with his family in Arnprior, Ontario before he disappeared. On the night that he vanished, he was on a fishing trip with his family near Calobogie, on Holmes Lake. He was with his father and his three siblings at the time, when he wandered off by himself into a wooded area. He was never seen again, and no trace of him or what could have happened to him was ever found, despite intensive searches of the area by the police.

The missing boy was last seen wearing an orange striped shirt, blue jeans, a blue nylon parka, brown shorts and running shoes. When Adrien went missing he had brown eyes, blond hair, and he also had a 2 inch scar on his forehead, possibly over his left eye.

Three years ago, police released an updated sketch of what McNaughton might look like as an adult, at age 42. So far, it has not lead to a resolution to the case, but police are still hoping that it might generate a new lead in the 40 year old cold case, or that it will trigger someone to come forward with new information. For right now, what happened to Adrien McNaughton on June 12th, 1972 still remains a mystery, but hope still remains that one day, police might find the answer to that question, and close the only open missing persons case in Renfrew County on file.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact the Ontario Provincial Police Missing Persons and Unidentified Bodies/Remains Unit at 1-877-934-6363 (toll free in North America), or by Email at opp.isb.resolve@jus.gov.on.ca, or if you wish to remain anonymous, you can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

http://www.examiner.com/article/vanished-40-years-ago-what-happened-to-5-year-old-adrien-mcnaughton

Besani

• Searching for Kimberly McAndrew! August 12, 1989
    • View Profile
Wow how was this boy never found? How far could a small boy go? Did they go far enough into the woods? Have they searched since?

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Gosh, 6 years old and only weighing 35 lbs @ 3 feet tall? Was there muskeg in the woods? Not a sound? Didn't answer when called? No sounds of crying or shouting for his parents??
I wonder how long it was before they noticed he was missing??

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1647&dat=19720621&id=nto8AAAAIBAJ&sjid=VSsMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1926,8847111

here is an archived article on the massive search for this little boy. Over 1500 people joined the search.  Even the army pitched in.   This is unheard of today!!  If one gets 200 people to assist with a search - now that would be something to "write home about".

jb
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:36:24 PM by jellybean »

looking

• View Profile
I remember when I was a kid, my father went on a search for this boy.  It was the first time I had ever heard of a child going missing.  Now there are many. :( 

jellybean

• View Profile
I don't mean to be unkind, but sadly,I think they are on the right track.  Unfortunately. I think he returned to the lake, from another route,  out of sight of adults, slipped in and was carried away by the current, and drowned.
These accidents can happen so quickly, and no one should ever be blamed.
These little tykes are here one minute --- then can disappear from view in a flash.

jb
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:25:56 PM by jellybean »

rainstorm

• View Profile
I have also been fallowing the podcast. So the last episode, Kim said the dogs smelt human remains.  The water is deep and murky  by the spot indicated by the dogs. He could be there.  If not him then who rkse went missing at this lake?

jellybean

• View Profile
Waterways are usually connected, especially in that area.  It could be someone who went missing miles away, and the currents brought the body there?

I cannot see any cadaver dog locating bones under water that have been there since 1972.
Personally, I do believe the boy has drowned, but they are not his remains.
I would like to hear from a poster who has experience with this, and have their point of view.
Correct me please, as I would really like to know if this is possible.
Thanks
jb
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:46:03 PM by jellybean »

looking

• View Profile
The dogs can smell bodies from boats in water and can smell bodies 15 feet underground and many years old.  Google it.  Very interesting.  I trained my own .

jellybean

• View Profile
Thanks looking  :)

Just wondering if remains can be detected in water since 1972. That is 44 years ago.

If they do find them, it would be quite remarkable. imo

jb

rainstorm

• View Profile
I wonder if they tried another dive yet.