Author Topic: 2 Children Stabbed 46 times by Father Guy Turcotte | Sent to hospital not jail  (Read 18018 times)

rebelgirl

• Reaching Everyone By Exposing Lies
    • View Profile

Concerned

• View Profile
Am I reading this correctly? The request for retrial is because errors were made by the presiding judge on how they could reach a verdict. And, the second trial would be set under the same judge? Shouldn't the case be handled by a different judge just to make sure another error by the same judge doesn't have any semblance of seeming like a way the doctor could get out of doing time? A conflict of interest sort of situation? I'm not insinuating that the judge did this on purpose, but if another error did happen, it just wouldn't sit well being in the hands of the same judge. There are two children who lost there lives. They deserve justice and not a chance at ways in which the guy can escape the system. I hope all involved handle this case with caution, the children deserve a fair resolve.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:50:58 PM by Concerned »

rebelgirl

• Reaching Everyone By Exposing Lies
    • View Profile
I can't see the same judge making appropriate rulings on his own past mistake.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Thank you for posting the update Have Faith. Finally some justice for these two tiny children. Hopefully this will begin to allow their mother and others who are grieving their loss, to move forward. Their lives will never be the same.

jobo

• View Profile
I am glad the judge and jury got this right. 
Now Ms. Gaston does not have to live in fear...and there is some justice for her children, may they RIP.

capeheart

• View Profile
He can worry about his own safety now, once he is sentenced to the maximum sentence and I hope they are consecutive, he killed to beautiful children, his own flesh and blood, it is hard to even think of the sorrow and grief that the mother and grandparents feel in this unbelievable crime. Finally justice for the children. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(